www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Mani_Man 11-01-19 12:27

Angry Joe is like Pewdiepie...people where you dont know how they can even have followers, especially after they insulted their own fanbase time and time again.

That Shadow is in the bigger Term a dissapointment will tell you pretty much everybody.
The Game is behind what it could have been, but there is "dissapointing" and Dissapointing.

Its not on the level of Fallout 76 or Mass Effect Andromeda, but it didnt light 2018 on fire like many hoped and expected.
Which on its own speaks for how well the reboot worked because people expected that it blows the people away like the previous two games.

the_end90 11-01-19 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mani_Man (Post 8028444)
Angry Joe is like Pewdiepie...people where you dont know how they can even have followers, especially after they insulted their own fanbase time and time again.

That Shadow is in the bigger Term a dissapointment will tell you pretty much everybody.
The Game is behind what it could have been, but there is "dissapointing" and Dissapointing.

Its not on the level of Fallout 76 or Mass Effect Andromeda, but it didnt light 2018 on fire like many hoped and expected.
Which on its own speaks for how well the reboot worked because people expected that it blows the people away like the previous two games.

As You correctly said, there is disappointing and Disappointing.
I add the point that the disappointment must have a reference, and for me the reference is the starting point of the reboot TR2013.

Taking it as a reference, given the blow that it left in my mind after I played it the 1st time, ROTTR and SOTTR left me disappointed in different ways.

What I felt playing both is that they where a sort of correction of what fans found difficult to digest of the game before. This for me is not the way to produce a masterpiece, but to produce (best case scenario) a very good game.

TR2013 felt fresh and I still remember it with good feelings (even if some part of it left me breathless and terribly anxious, but it is a problem given by my attitude).

Mickybyrne20 11-01-19 12:51

What's wrong with Pewdiepie? He gets way too much hate, and for extremely trivial reasons.

SpyrosMonster 11-01-19 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 8028450)
What's wrong with Pewdiepie? He gets way too much hate, and for extremely trivial reasons.

He's done some questionable things intentionally for the sake of humor that were deemed racist and antisemitic (and unintentionally, like saying the n word to someone while playing a game), to which he has apologized profusely and has done everything he can to make it up. Those controversies have made him an easy target. I've been a fan of his since his amnesia days so I might be biased but unless you've followed him, it's the easiest thing to fall into the image of him that the media like to create.

As for that video about SOTTR being a disappointment, as much as I thought the guy was unfunny and kinda giving me douchey vibes, I thought he was right.
(sorry, I don't know him and his humor, so I know I really shouldn't judge)

TrustyBow 11-01-19 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mani_Man (Post 8028444)

Pretty much. I mean the games on best selling lists and people are calling it a flop.

Curse you TR13 for setting the bar too high! :p

SpyrosMonster 11-01-19 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrustyBow (Post 8028454)
Pretty much. I mean the games on best selling lists and people are calling it a flop.

Curse you TR13 for setting the bar too high! :p

Oh, I'm going to get crucified for this but here we go.

Best selling doesn't mean the game's actually good, first of all. People might call it a flop based on that and not exclusively because of sales.
While we're at it, let's stop using sales to make up for the lackluster content of the game, please.

Also if you compare it to the previous TR games, it technically is the one that flopped.
(if someone thinks I called this game a failure sales wise then read the sentence again please)

If people are going to hit me up with "what did you expect from a sequel and a 3rd game?"
I say, go and check what Uncharted managed to do with their trilogy + 4th game.

ESCachuli 11-01-19 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 8028437)
Did he lie?

Yes, just like you've been doing so far.
No shade intended.

Legends 11-01-19 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 8028450)

He's boring now. He used to make fun gaming videos, but now his channel is completely different and I really hate what his channel turned into.

TrustyBow 11-01-19 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 8028456)
Best selling doesn't mean the game's actually good, first of all. People might call it a flop based on that and not exclusively because of sales.
While we're at it, let's stop using sales to make up for the lackluster content of the game, please.

Well the funny thing is, it's actually receiving better reviews than most previous games in the franchise. Comparing reviews and sales, at worst it's a moderate success.

Quote:

Also if you compare it to the previous TR games, it technically is a flop.

By that same logic, I guess we can consider Last Revelation to Underworld flop's seeing as they didn't sell as well as the original trilogy.

Quote:

If people are going to hit me up with "what did you expect from a sequel and a 3rd game?"

I say, go and check what Uncharted managed to do with 4 games.

I'm a big fan of the franchise. I've played all 5 at least 2 times. Uncharted 3 is pretty much Uncharted 2.5.

Vaskito 11-01-19 13:29

Quote:

Best selling doesn't mean the game's actually good, first of all.

Yet, people in here use other games and other way more popular franchises being best sellers as a line of argument to try to make SOTTR a comercial flop.
This is the kind of double standard I find the most baffling.