www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Tomb Editor 1.2.8 released (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223576)

MontyTRC 23-10-19 11:46

Tomb Editor 1.2.8 released

Hi :)
After a long development run, Tomb Editor 1.2.8 is finally here.

Updated versione 1.2.9
Download link: http://www.tombeditor.it/dist/TE129.zip

Please read carefully the README_IMPORT.txt file inside the archive.

Please make full backup of your work because this update is very big and your files will be upgraded with a one way conversion.

Version 1.2.8 - 23/10/2019
==========================
New sound system
Added SoundTool
Added TombIDE (project organizer, script editor and various tools)
Added animations and states names for Lara in TrCatalog.xml
Dozens fo bugs fixed
*** WadTool ***
Rewamped animation editor (advanced timeline, advanced controls, state names from LARA, UI ticks, Importing of animations from Collada and FBX)
Better UI
Fixed sprite editor
Fixed speed and lateral speed for animations
Fixed lot of UI bugs
Better geometry import
*** Tomb Editor ***
Added missing OCB for statics
Fixed vertex special effects
Fixed light interpolation across portals
Added custom interpolation flags
Added custom filtering of rooms by tags
Added static meshes merging in room geometry
Added new menu entries
Fixed bugs in animated textures
Fixed water movement
Fixed reflections
Fixed mist
Fixed some NG triggers
Fixed AI pathfinding bugs
Fixed some rendering bugs
Fixed portals flickering
Added ghost blocks
Better geometry import
Better NG PRJ import
Fixed some exotic collision bugs with floor triangles

README_IMPORT
Wad2 import
===========
Old Wad2 files are using the dynamic sound system, so you don't have original classic sound IDs. Now that we have added them again, old Wad2 files need to be converted.
WadTool will assist you on this, with the following procedure:
- Open a .wad2 file
- WadTool will check if the file is using the old dynamic sound system
- If yes, it will try to guess classic IDs crossing data from Wad2 and TrCatalog.xml
- WadTool will the show a popup dialog showing you all choices that it has done, asking you to select manually the few IDs that it was not able to guess. If you
didn't play a lot with sounds or if you never changed names, probably WadTool will guess all sounds for you and you just need to confirm.
If you used a custom sounds.txt, you can load it in the same dialog and WadTool will look also inside that file for helping you guessing IDs.
In the same dialog you can also choose to export sounds to the new Xml format and also to export samples. Use these two options for sounds that you know have changed manually
with old releases of WadTool. If you never changed sounds data and you worked with sounds.txt, you can leave all checkboxes unchecked.
- After confirming, WadTool will remap all animation commands for using new IDs and eventually it will save Xml and Wav files, if you have selected at least one sounds to
export.
- WadTool will at the end make a backup copy of the Wad2 and save it.

Suggestions
You should export only sounds that you have changed with our tools. If Wad2 was created copying sounds from a WAD, and you still have original SFX or sounds.txt,
you can skip this task but you have to provide a valid sound catalog later in Tomb Editor. So, if you have a sounds.txt that has all the
needed sounds used by your Wad2, you just add it
to level settings inside Tomb Editor so the level compiler will take the sounds from it.
If you use classic WAD files, then there is not anything that you should do. They already contains classic IDs.
If your Wad2 files contains only animating objects, or static objects, or objects without sounds, WadTool will just update the file format without doing anything else.

Prj2 import
===========
Old Prj2 files are using the dynamic sound system, so you don't have original classic sound IDs. Now that we have added them again, old Prj2 files need to be converted.
Tomb Editor will assist you on this, with the following procedure:
- Open a prj2file
- Tomb Editor will check if the file is using the old dynamic sound system and if there are sound sources placed in level
- If yes, it will try to guess classic IDs crossing data from Prj2 and TrCatalog.xml
- Tomb Editor will the show a popup dialog showing you all choices that it has done, asking you to select manually the few IDs that it was not able to guess. If you
didn't play a lot with sounds or if you never changed names, probably Tomb Editor will guess all sounds for you and you just need to confirm.
Sounds coming from Wad2/WAD will be just remapped, because Tomb Editor expects that their metadata are loaded from a valid SFX, XML or TXT file.
If you instead used custom sound sources, then these sounds exist only in Prj2 file and then our procedure will automatically export them to XML and it will also
export samples in the same path of your level.
If you used a custom sounds.txt, you can load it in the same dialog and Tomb Editor will look also inside that file for helping you guessing IDs.
- After confirming, Tomb Editor will remap all sound sources for using new IDs and eventually it will save Xml and Wav files, if you had custom sound sources in the level.
- Tomb Editor will at the end make a backup copy of the Prj2 and save it.

Suggestions
Tomb Editor will automatically add SFX or TXT files to level settings and it will automatically select sounds to compile.
If you had custom sound sources, Tomb Editor will export samples in the same path of level. After the conversion, please move them to your samples path.
Remember that now you will have also a XML file together with your Prj2 and it's like a texture or object resource. So if you move your level, don't forget it and
eventually fix the path in level settings.
If you used only sounds from WAD/Wad2, then probably you just need to confirm. Many levels just use SOFT_WIND_LOOP and FOUNTAIN_LOOP sounds,
that are well guessed by Tomb Editor.

If you have problems, please contact us on TRF or on Discord.

I want to sorry for this problem, but when you rewrite an entire toolset trying to make it better, sometimes some mistakes are made.
We tried to make the migration very easy.

YouTube tutorials by Lwmte

Die Basis 23-10-19 12:01

Yeahhhhhhh!!!!

Finally!!!
Thank you all for your hard work.

This really made my day.:):):)

Lwmte 23-10-19 12:45

Also I'd like to say about two last-minute additions: Select previous room feature (similar to "Go back old room" in NGLE). Just press Ctrl+Tab or use this button in UI:

Another last-minute addition is you can adjust UI brightness in TE, WT and ST. Just navigate to settings and find an option called "UI brightness" (for TE it's in "User interface" tab.
Also, there's now a set of UI color presets in TE, so you can easily switch to something less screaming than default TRLE color scheme ;)

tlr online 23-10-19 13:28

Congratulations Monty. :tmb:

TokyoSU 23-10-19 13:34

Nice work :D
this wadtool will help me for my plugin :) (since rework the entire lara footstep is too long with wadmerger :x)

rufierto 23-10-19 13:37

Just downloaded and looking forward to getting into it. One question, the issue I had with the line between rooms with reflections is still there. This was not fixed in this update?

https://i.imgur.com/i2zegLk.png

jhons0529 23-10-19 13:58

Its lovely to get a new update! :D
Sadly I think water/room effects might be a bit broken at the moment?

Alex Fly 23-10-19 14:03

Great job Monty and all the team! :tmb:

rufierto 23-10-19 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhons0529 (Post 8143269)
Its lovely to get a new update! :D
Sadly I think water/room effects might be a bit broken at the moment?

There is a way around the reflection issue, with the merge room horizontally feature, when the rooms are built , merge them into a larger room, where all rooms are treated as one room and it fixes the problem. Unfortunately, one of the levels I am working on is Venice, with multiple water connecting rooms strung together, and much too big to merge into one room. So for now, that level will have to stay with the original editor, unless another solution is found.:)

JMN 23-10-19 15:22

Had to rename Assimp64.dll to Assimp.dll, otherwise imported geometry wouldn't load.

MontyTRC 23-10-19 15:43

If some levels have troubles, please send them to me :-)

Stryke 23-10-19 17:26

OMG My sounds are fully working!!! I hear sounds that I didn't even know was in my wad and they are all correct omg. And it only took two clicks to fix lol. Thank you guys so much!

KyleCroft 23-10-19 19:06

Ugh. I have no sounds and all the custom scripting for the animations for Lara aren't working.

EDIT: ok, I've got some sounds back, not all, but it's a start. No luck on the scripting though.

MontyTRC 23-10-19 19:34

Are you using WADS or Wad2 files?
Have you added custom sound sources to Prj2?
Check also the new tab in level settings. This lists all sound catalogs used by the level (i.e. karnak.sfx, sounds.txt...) and which sounds will be added to the compiled level. Check videos by Lwmte :-)

KyleCroft 23-10-19 20:03

Ok I somehow fixed the sounds! Working on the script problem...

Edit: Ok I think I fixed it as well. Not sure how but who cares haha. Still a little off so we’ll see.

Man, since the day I started level editing a decade ago, I have wanted dynamic and proper lighting on objects and now my wish is granted. It's making all the objects in my manor look fantastic. Thank you SO much for this.

KyleCroft 24-10-19 07:35

I'm making a double post instead of a third edit, I hope that's ok.

The only transitional problem I have found is the custom animation scripting I have. Prior to this update, I was using the TRAOD animations that were released a few months back through the Dark Renaissance project, and the respective scripting and everything was working. However, after struggling to make the situation better with the new update, my animations are a bit screwy. I'm still using all the same scripting, but the animations, like starting to run for example, have a bit of a lag before the running animation starts. Also, if I stop running, Lara slides a little bit. All of the animations are just slightly *off* with the fluency of the beginning and ending transitions.

Any idea as to why this might be? They were working fine prior to the update.

Baslakor 24-10-19 08:55

Looks amazing! Can't wait to try it out! Thank you so much!! :hug::jmp:

TokyoSU 24-10-19 09:03

lara wont turn left and right anymore when moving forward :x
and it's not my plugins that change it because i removed it before retesting it, my plugin will turn lara like normal (TR4 way) and after 1sec lara rotation return to normal when moving left or right you cant turn fast as before :(

Joey79100 24-10-19 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleCroft (Post 8143518)
Prior to this update, I was using the TRAOD animations that were released a few months back through the Dark Renaissance project, and the respective scripting and everything was working.

They have not been "released", they are unfinished and not meant to be used in custom levels yet (unless you're sure none of the unfinished anims will be played in your game, but I'm pretty sure it's not the case).

KyleCroft 24-10-19 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey79100 (Post 8143530)
They have not been "released", they are unfinished and not meant to be used in custom levels yet (unless you're sure none of the unfinished anims will be played in your game, but I'm pretty sure it's not the case).

I understand that. I’m using the ones they put out until/if the finalized ones are released because I love the AOD Lara model they used. I honestly just tested the animations in my game back when they were put online without the intention of ever keeping them as many of the other custom animations I’m using don’t work with them. I just have yet to switch back. My point is that they were all working perfectly prior to this update. Now they aren’t. I’m wondering if this is a problem with the way the levels are being compiled with this new version or if it’s something on my end. However, I haven’t changed the scripts or anything.

CelticGuard 25-10-19 00:48

Hey guys, I created a blank project in TombIDE and a blank level, tried to compile the script file but I'm getting this:

https://i.imgur.com/K04YiOS.png

Can someone walking me through basic project setup in TombIDE? Is there something I'm missing?

Congratulations on the release though! I was already so blown away by 1.2.7, I'm absolutely thrilled about this new version of TE.

KyleCroft 25-10-19 01:15

I have that same issue as well!

Edit: referring to my last post, I went back to all original animations and removed all scripting, so Lara is in her inert state, and still when I start to run there’s a 1/2 delay, and when she stops running she slides forward nearly an entire square. Why would this be?

Nickelony 25-10-19 05:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticGuard (Post 8143756)
Hey guys, I created a blank project in TombIDE and a blank level, tried to compile the script file but I'm getting this:

https://i.imgur.com/K04YiOS.png

Can someone walking me through basic project setup in TombIDE? Is there something I'm missing?

Congratulations on the release though! I was already so blown away by 1.2.7, I'm absolutely thrilled about this new version of TE.

Redownload the latest 1.2.8 zip file. It was an issue and it has been fixed.

MontyTRC 25-10-19 05:25

Just tested and it works. Eventually at first launch NG_Center will ask you the TRLE directory. Just use {Your TE directory}\NGC\VGE.

Nickelony 25-10-19 05:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyTRC (Post 8143796)
Just tested and it works. Eventually at first launch NG_Center will ask you the TRLE directory. Just use {Your TE directory}\NGC\VGE.

Nooo, do not launch NG_Center directly from the .exe file, always through TombIDE. x)

TokyoSU 25-10-19 09:46

Lara running is completly broken with this version :x
i cant roll, jump when running !

vasatomb 25-10-19 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by TokyoSU (Post 8143837)
Lara running is completly broken with this version :x
i cant roll, jump when running !

I took as a basis wad from "2018_Back To Basics_Space", added the animation which is necessary to me, corrected sounds and everything works. Lara's animation is fully working.
but until I got to it, spent 10 hours of time.

vasatomb 25-10-19 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickelony (Post 8143795)
Redownload the latest 1.2.8 zip file. It was an issue and it has been fixed.

a very big difference in the weight of archives. no sounds folder.

TokyoSU 25-10-19 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasatomb (Post 8143847)
I took as a basis wad from "2018_Back To Basics_Space", added the animation which is necessary to me, corrected sounds and everything works. Lara's animation is fully working.

the original lara is bugged, i dont took "2018_Back To Basics_Space" one. :(

vasatomb 25-10-19 11:33

the "gizmo" in TE not work correctly as before in 1.2.7

MontyTRC 25-10-19 15:37

Why? :D

vasatomb 25-10-19 15:58

Usually when rotate an object

KyleCroft 25-10-19 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasatomb (Post 8143847)

Well Iím glad itís not just myself having issues and me being clueless about it haha. I wonder what is causing this.

Joey79100 25-10-19 18:00

Would you mind sending your levels to Monty?
Are you using classic WADs or WAD2? If you're using WAD2, is Lara in it? We're you using WAD2 already before the update?
Also can you give more details about what exactly isn't working correctly anymore?

KyleCroft 25-10-19 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey79100 (Post 8143972)
Would you mind sending your levels to Monty?
Are you using classic WADs or WAD2? If you're using WAD2, is Lara in it? We're you using WAD2 already before the update?
Also can you give more details about what exactly isn't working correctly anymore?

I’m using wad2, everything is in one wad2 file. Same as before the update. All that’s happening is when I press forward, Lara runs on the spot for a split second before actually moving forward. When I stop running, Lara then slides forward in her standing animation for a solid 3-4 clicks. If I try and pull up on a ledge, the moment where she should be standing, she gets pushed back and is on the ground again.

I’ll try and make a video this weekend once I have a chance, but in my attempts to fix it (I took out all custom scripting and put the default Lara from the TRLE packages with no custom animations) and now the level crashes upon opening so I need to fix that first.

I’ll send my level to Monty once I get the crashing sorted out.

MontyTRC 26-10-19 05:59

Please send me your Wad2 file and I will check it.

Nemo20 26-10-19 12:44

I test the "anim Import". But when i load an fbx file i become this error.

Quote:

Error
Unknown error while importing animation.
Error loading unmanaged library from path: assimp.dll

Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x8007007E) (yes here a little german in the error, but in english -> The specified module was not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
I test a TRAOD Animation, think thats a good animation for tests (or not -> error :D)

Krystian 26-10-19 13:07

Was this animation ported to the TRLE Lara model prior to exporting to FBX? Because if the animation was straight from the TRAOD Lara model, then that obviously cannot work, there is a huge difference in how these two models (AOD and TRLE Laras) are built, and the program can't magically translate this motion from the far more advanced AOD model to the more primitive TRLE one. :D

This import option is still only for animations made with the TRLE models in mind, don't expect it to perform miracles! :p

JMN 26-10-19 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemo20 (Post 8144157)
I test the "anim Import". But when i load an fbx file i become this error.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMN (Post 8143290)
Had to rename Assimp64.dll to Assimp.dll, otherwise imported geometry wouldn't load.

Error might be related to this. They must've fixed it sometime after. Try downloading the zip again.

TombRaiderTim 26-10-19 15:30

I'm going to give Tomb Editor a couple more months before I start a project on it, as it will give time for it to be perfected, though I have to say, it looks absolutely amazing and will defiantly be the future of TRLE development for the years to come. I'm looking forward to seeing what is in store and starting back with TRLE in 2020! :D