www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Tomb Editor 1.2.8 released (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223576)

Zsott 26-10-19 15:35

So a few days ago I decided to learn to use this program. A few hours ago I downloaded this version. Out of curiosity I isntalled NGLE too... and oh, boy it's so frustrating to use now.
Finally I figured out some of the very basic stuff, but I still have to figure out how to make a pool with animated surface.

The more I get familiar with this, the faster I build my rooms.

One thing, that I don't know, if it's my mistake or not: every time I start to build I have to choose a path for everything. Sounds, .tr4 location, exe location etc. Is there a way to remind the program, that I've choosed them already?

Lwmte 26-10-19 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim (Post 8144193)
I'm going to give Tomb Editor a couple more months before I start a project on it, as it will give time for it to be perfected, though I have to say, it looks absolutely amazing and will defiantly be the future of TRLE development for the years to come. I'm looking forward to seeing what is in store and starting back with TRLE in 2020! :D

Yeah, I hope so too. TE 1.2.8 was intended to be the final version targeting TRNG, Monty is now planning to finally switch to TR5Main development. But considering that people are having issues with 1.2.8, probably one more minor bugfix release must be done before switching to TR5Main.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemo20 (Post 8144157)
I test the "anim Import". But when i load an fbx file i become this error.

Something went wrong with v. 1.2.8 package which contains misplaced or improperly named assimp.dll library. JMN said he fixed it by renaming assimp64.dll to assimp.dll. Also Monty should have updated package to address this issue, so yes, you can try to re-download zip and try again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zsott (Post 8144196)
Is there a way to remind the program, that I've choosed them already?

Not yet, but you are right, it may be frustrating, so maybe dev team should add options for those somewhere.

To everybody who's having issues with speed/accel/rotation: If you were using wad2 file format prior to TE 1.2.8, unfortunately, it may be the reason for the bugs. There was a slight problem with versioning of speed/accel data in wad2, which results in TE 1.2.8 potentially putting wrong values into speed/accel fields. Try to re-import your old wad and convert it to wad2 and see if bugs are gone or not.

Zsott 26-10-19 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lwmte (Post 8144198)

Not yet, but you are right, it may be frustrating, so maybe dev team should add options for those somewhere.

It's not a big issue, at least I can double check, am I choosed the correct files, or not. On the other hand, I thought I screwed up something, bu not having everything within the same folder. (TE (C: )is on my desktop, while NGLE and TRLE is on (D: )

Nemo20 26-10-19 16:45

Quote:

Something went wrong with v. 1.2.8 package which contains misplaced or improperly named assimp.dll library. JMN said he fixed it by renaming assimp64.dll to assimp.dll. Also Monty should have updated package to address this issue, so yes, you can try to re-download zip and try again.

I redownlaod it, but Problem is the same.

Quote:

Error
Unknown error while importing animatiom.
Error loading unmanaged library from path: E:\TRLE\MontyTRC\Assimp.dll

Is not allowed Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
Only the error is another one :)

Lwmte 26-10-19 16:49

I have repackaged Tomb Editor 1.2.8 as installer which automatically takes care of 32-bit vs. 64-bit lib issues.

Try it and say if it works ok or not. Also, make sure you have admin rights for folder into which you're about to install it.

As for animation import: I have tested both formats and it works pretty well with animations previously exported using TRViewer. Only thing you must note is that you should flip X/Z axis on FBX export in your anim app settings!

Nemo20 26-10-19 17:05

Thanks for the installer. But same problem :(
I have install it in another folder for test, in this folder the same problem. But he install the 64bit Version from the file (6.029KB)

Edit: Maybe the Problem is the animation. I can send you the animation, when you would test it.

Lwmte 26-10-19 17:14

Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit system?

Nemo20 26-10-19 17:15

Use Windows 10 (Pro) - 64Bit.

Lwmte 26-10-19 17:21

Same for me, I have no problems.
I don't think animation is the cause of problems.

Nemo20 26-10-19 17:24

Hmm not good for me :D
Maybe you have another idea the next days :) Or give it any programm where i can install it for tests? Maybe it's only a missing file, where is installed from another programm on windows folder?

JMN 26-10-19 20:26

What happened to the static color chooser? I can't find it.

http://i.imgur.com/J27kujrl.png

Zsott 26-10-19 20:42

^I was just asking this, where is it located...

Aso, how can I make the water textures transparent? It seems it's different than in NGLE...

TR-Freak 26-10-19 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMN (Post 8144282)
What happened to the static color chooser? I can't find it.

http://i.imgur.com/J27kujrl.png

it only appears when selecting a static mesh instance (i.e. when selecting it in a room)

JMN 26-10-19 21:01

Yes I know that, the screenshot is from 1.2.7. In 1.2.8 it's missing.

kamillos6 26-10-19 21:10

^ It is in the object's OCB window. Double click the object to show that.

JMN 26-10-19 21:18

Ah, thank you!

EDIT: Hmm, it now requires an extra step with more clicks. Also, if you realize too late that the ocb window is obscuring the item, you first have to close the colour picker before you can move it.

Nemo20 27-10-19 04:54

Other Question about the "import geometry". Is there a little tutorial about it?
I test at the Moment a little bit with this feature. Would import a statue where have textures in Meta, when i load it into my project file i become the error message "The given key was not present in the dictionary (KeyNotFoundEcception)". What can i do to fix it? Thanks :o

Edit: Okay i used a wrong format. But when i can load it. TE doesn't show it. Maybe exist a little tutorial where we can check to use the function right :)

KyleCroft 27-10-19 05:05

^ Here you go! :D

Quote:

To everybody who's having issues with speed/accel/rotation: If you were using wad2 file format prior to TE 1.2.8, unfortunately, it may be the reason for the bugs. There was a slight problem with versioning of speed/accel data in wad2, which results in TE 1.2.8 potentially putting wrong values into speed/accel fields. Try to re-import your old wad and convert it to wad2 and see if bugs are gone or not.

Can confirm that this works! Thanks so much :)

Nemo20 27-10-19 05:08

Thanks, i test it :)

TokyoSU 27-10-19 05:36

Quote:

i have this problem after 1.2.7 WAD2, i created a new WAD2 for that an use the TRLE/TRNG wad lara, and the only animation that have a problem is running,
and when lara move from 2 click to 1 click, she play the walk stair anim before running again :x
i only have this bug ?

Nemo20 27-10-19 06:38

Have anybody the same problem with the smooth of the object rotate? In the last version is the rotate very smooth. But now it is totally ticked off.

@TokyoSU, where i tested the TombEdit on august, i uses a Lara from my last project (Complex Simplicity). I have at this moment the same problem. Lara make another animation where not used at this animation slot. I startet with 1.2.7. I make a new Lara Object and it worked.

vasatomb 27-10-19 06:58

I have but in random rooms. In one room it works correctly in another no.

KyleCroft 28-10-19 03:48

Are anyone else's levels compiling very slowly after the update? It's taking upwards of 3 minutes now, where prior to this update it took about 15-30 seconds. It hangs at 15 and 23 percent. 15 for about a minute and a half.

Any idea why?

vasatomb 28-10-19 04:20

My Wad2 file 28 mb - compilation time 16-17 seconds.

TR-Freak 28-10-19 05:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleCroft (Post 8144594)
Are anyone else's levels compiling very slowly after the update? It's taking upwards of 3 minutes now, where prior to this update it took about 15-30 seconds. It hangs at 15 and 23 percent. 15 for about a minute and a half.

Any idea why?

are you merging static meshes? Check that first.
It is a very heavy operation

dcw123 28-10-19 14:34

OK.. before in 1.2.7 when adding sounds we had lots of options...
(such as how many squares away the sound can be heard from)

Have these options been removed?

Now all my sounds play at one volume and can be heard from far away..
I need to make them smaller and quieter..
How can I do this?

vasatomb 28-10-19 14:42

sound tool -> range (blocks).
open your xml or txt sound file with sound tool and choose your sounds -> range (blocks).

dcw123 28-10-19 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasatomb (Post 8144678)
sound tool -> range (blocks).
open your xml or txt sound file with sound tool and choose your sounds -> range (blocks).

OK I see that now.. but how does this work.
If I change Fountain_Loop (ID 177) and save XML - does this mean every time I place this loop in my level it was have those properties?
Or can we place 2 of the same SFX but with 2 different settings..

Sorry for all the questions constantly guys..
And I love the online video tutorials and am grateful for those.
Will we eventually have a manual for Tomb Editor like we do for TRLE/NGLE in the future?

Joey79100 28-10-19 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw123 (Post 8144688)
OK I see that now.. but how does this work.
If I change Fountain_Loop (ID 177) and save XML - does this mean every time I place this loop in my level it was have those properties?
Or can we place 2 of the same SFX but with 2 different settings..

Sorry for all the questions constantly guys..
And I love the online video tutorials and am grateful for those.
Will we eventually have a manual for Tomb Editor like we do for TRLE/NGLE in the future?

That was possible because until now, TE was using a dynamic sound system, but it caused too much issues because everything relies on IDs in this engine (and TRNG does that too). So this had to be ditched in favor a closer to the original system. You can still use new slots though if you want more sounds slots instead of having to replace existing slots.

About tutorials/manuals, there might be, as long as there are people willing to help. The devs could, of course, but this would require a huge amount of work. And they're already concentrated on the development itself, so somebody else who can spend more time on doing this should do it.

dcw123 28-10-19 16:03

I figured it out in the end.. its all very easy and user friendly - its just more of a confidence thing doing it first time around..

To be honest, I would love to help make some kind of manual for people - if others were willing to help compile some information..
Not so good at the technical side of things but I'd like to think I could help where I can

EDIT: Had an issue with PoleRopes not lighting correctly (moveable lighting)
I merged every static into the room geometry which fixed the issue, but I found a lot of my objects became way too dark..
Does this work from Ambient Lighting only?
Because although my ambient is dark, although I have bright light bulbs.. so it makes the objects too dark and they look strange.

Decided to leave them as they are for now - and only merge specific objects where the effect isn't as noticeable

EDIT2 : Also noticed something.. not sure if it was something I did by accident IDK
I converted all sounds into XML and it fixed all of Lara's and the rollingball broken sounds - which was wonderful.
However, it also seemed to add random sounds to some of her animations that were not there before (I fixed this)
and when Lara used a key item (the keyhole rotates and makes a grinding noise) however for some reason I also hear electric shock noises layered ontop of this.. for no apparent reason.

This only happened after I converted to XML (the new audio engine for TR 1.2.8)
Hmm... I guess I just need to remove that sound from the level and then it won't be audible - still a very odd effect though

Joey79100 28-10-19 18:43

Side-effect of Core leaving junk in their files. :p
The auto-detection scans every animcommand and if it sees a sound that is called but not assigned to the level, then it assigns it to the level. And guess what? The electric sound is actually called by an AnimCommand of the key animation. They assigned the sound only in specific levels, I don't remember if it was in TR3 or TR4, so it is called in this specific level... instead of properly triggering the sound using a regular trigger.
So yes, this is a side-effect I don't think thought of. Well, you can still disable the sound manually, or remove the animcommand from your Lara altogether to fix it. :)

dcw123 28-10-19 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey79100 (Post 8144765)
Side-effect of Core leaving junk in their files. :p
The auto-detection scans every animcommand and if it sees a sound that is called but not assigned to the level, then it assigns it to the level. And guess what? The electric sound is actually called by an AnimCommand of the key animation. They assigned the sound only in specific levels, I don't remember if it was in TR3 or TR4, so it is called in this specific level... instead of properly triggering the sound using a regular trigger.
So yes, this is a side-effect I don't think thought of. Well, you can still disable the sound manually, or remove the animcommand from your Lara altogether to fix it. :)

How very strange hehe

I also noticed it on the original TR4 objects (which I have not edited in any way)
the Raising block 1 and 2 / expanding platform (the standable blocks which move)

I tried using WADmerger to see what sounds were ties to the object and nothing showed.
I'm also not really sure what the sound is that does play during gameplay.. but it sounds weird. It doesn't play the usual rumble noise.
If needs be, I'll just have to manually trigger a SFX when Lara throws the switch (faking the same effect)

Joey79100 28-10-19 19:46

Raising block sound is hardcoded, and if I remember correctly, it's BLK_PLAT_RAISE&LOW (148). Or MAPPER_MOVE (309), I have it for my elevator, but I don't remember if it's hardcoded by Paolone or not hardcoded at all and triggered by myself (I can't find any reference to it in my scripts so I suppose it's hardcoded).

EDIT: I'm not sure at all, I've listened to the sound and I don't recognize that ugly sounding thing we usually hear in game. :p
You can check the sounds currently playing using TRNG's diagnostic feature, it will help you find everything you need.

dcw123 28-10-19 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey79100 (Post 8144781)
Raising block sound is hardcoded, and if I remember correctly, it's BLK_PLAT_RAISE&LOW (148). Or MAPPER_MOVE (309), I have it for my elevator, but I don't remember if it's hardcoded by Paolone or not hardcoded at all and triggered by myself (I can't find any reference to it in my scripts so I suppose it's hardcoded).

Strangely enough, this is not the sound which was playing... it was playing the next sound ''Next Door'' which was all echoing and strange like a pipe sound.

I edited the sound to mute it, then manually added the BLK PLAT RAISE noise using a flipeffect..
A long workaround, but it works just the same. Not really sure what was causing the issue - but I'm not overly confident enough with Tomb Editor to start messing about with the Sound Tool too much

Letsmakeghost 29-10-19 11:13

Hi guys. Need s bit of advice. I want to change the textures of some objects in my wad2. Problem is strPix3 does not support these Wads.any advice?

TokyoSU 29-10-19 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letsmakeghost (Post 8144938)
Hi guys. Need s bit of advice. I want to change the textures of some objects in my wad2. Problem is strPix3 does not support these Wads.any advice?

use wadmerger first, then use strpix to change the texture (save it) and import as source the wad on WadTool and move the object to destination in WadTool, i hope it helped you, the strpix feature is planned for WadTool but not for today through ;)

Letsmakeghost 29-10-19 12:54

@TokyoSu thank you. I will do just that.

Joey79100 29-10-19 16:55

Remember that WAD2 can also import fully textured meshes (UV-mapped included). :)

Lwmte 29-10-19 17:00

Yeah, also shininess attribute from your 3D modeling software of choice will be also imported. So you can make mesh, texture it and apply shiny attrib right in 3D app and import it into wad2 via WT right away.

Additive blending mode applied in 3D app theoretically should also work.

dcw123 29-10-19 20:48

Not sure if this is an engine issue or something wrong with my level..
I noticed it a couple of times in two occasions - both with similar close room setups with thin walls inbetween.

Normally the wall would block any lights from another room - yet here.. it seems the lights in the other room seem to be bleeding through the wall into a room which contains no lights at all.

And yes.. all the tickboxes are ticked in the UI (Obstruct by room geometry)
Why is this happening?

https://i.imgur.com/jNIo2BY.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NoC211f.jpg