www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Tomb Editor 1.2.8 released (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223576)

Lwmte 29-10-19 21:40

This is a bug of TE. I have informed Monty about it.

MontyTRC 30-10-19 04:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw123 (Post 8145079)
Not sure if this is an engine issue or something wrong with my level..
I noticed it a couple of times in two occasions - both with similar close room setups with thin walls inbetween.

Normally the wall would block any lights from another room - yet here.. it seems the lights in the other room seem to be bleeding through the wall into a room which contains no lights at all.

And yes.. all the tickboxes are ticked in the UI (Obstruct by room geometry)
Why is this happening?

https://i.imgur.com/jNIo2BY.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NoC211f.jpg

Can you send me your level? I've prepared a fix for this bug and I'd want to testi it :)

dcw123 30-10-19 07:28

Sure..
I'll have to send it later today as I am at work today :/

Letsmakeghost 31-10-19 14:52

Pls

Hi guys need a bit of help. Yes again lol. I am looking to implement a Personal Light source into my level. I have followed the tutorial on here but I am stuck at the point where I have to export a trigger. Can I do this with Tomb Editor? To be honest I am not even what this means if someone would kindly explain I would really appreciate it. Thanks again to everyone who has taken time to reply to my before.

TR-Freak 31-10-19 15:39

Please dont post in this thread for your personal Level questions.

Letsmakeghost 31-10-19 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR-Freak (Post 8145652)
Please dont post in this thread for your personal Level questions.

Where should I post Tomb Editor releated queries then? I don't see the harm in asking here as it was specifically related to Tomb Editor but if you point me in then right direction of where to post that be helpful as I am new.

Lwmte 31-10-19 18:14

Yes, it's possible, use these 2 buttons (to copy trigger either without or with comments):

Letsmakeghost 31-10-19 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lwmte (Post 8145675)
Yes, it's possible, use these 2 buttons (to copy trigger either without or with comments):

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/pLBYp5Lc/noname.png[IMG]

Absolute legend. Thank you. Not on to trying to work out this light system. Thanks

NicNamSam 02-11-19 04:58

Hi, total noob here. How do I make it have sounds during the level? I've read all the release notes and I don't really understand.

Joey79100 02-11-19 08:31

You just created your project? Go into your project's settings, Sounds Settings, click Autodetect. :)

NicNamSam 02-11-19 18:30

Okay, I've done more experimentation so I have more information. What I want to do it take a single level I've made in NGLE and transfer everything necessary over to TE. I want to be completely separated from my original TRLE folder.

The level originally used tut1.wad. I can start a new project, import the original .prj file, then copy everything I need over and rename them to my new projects name. I made a new .wad2 with the old .wad objects and everything, I copied the texture .tga, and I copied the tut1.sfx and tut1.sam. (and renamed them all to my level's name). I changed all the paths in TE to point to these new files in my TE project folder. I changed the .tr4 level file and .exe executable paths to the correct locations in the TE 'Build' folder. Everything works fine.

But then, when I try to save this TE level's .prj2 file to my TE projects folder (remember, I imported it, so it was still pointed to the TRLE folder from which the original .prj file came from), everything sound-related breaks.

The .sfx file is still "successfully loaded" and green in the top box of the sound infos, but everything in the bottom box is red. Everything was green before, even after I moved the .sfx and .sam files to my TE project folder and renamed them. But as soon as I save the TE .pj2 to my new TE project folder, they turn all red and the samples say '[missing]'.

Is this because the .sfx and/or .sam files rely on the project location to point to the sounds or something?

Edit: Okay, nevermind about the "everything works fine". Now when I try to build and play, the main menu is messed up and my level is "missing". I don't know what's going on. All I want to do is import my old level to TE, not use all the old data in their original locations. That's not really importing. I can't even get the audio working on a completely new level. Autodetect just creates an entirely red list of missing sounds.

HaniHeger 04-11-19 18:02

My gaming is crashing when I save... any idea why?
Edit: Now I can't save :( when I try to, it just goes back to the inventory like it usually does, but when you see the file is not there. The game is not crashing because I am saving,since it just crashed now without me doing it so.

Quote:

Version=1.3.0.7
Date: 6 April 2017 (22:34:20) Size=2580480 bytes
CRS=Enabled
Last diagnostic mexage: Resumed crash in 0x10045465
Last directX error:

MEMORY CODE MAPPING:

BASE START END ID PluginName (PluginVersion - TrngVersion)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10000000 10001000 1014A000 0 Tomb_NextGeneration (1.3.0.7 - 1.3.0.7)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
............... QUICK DIAGNOSTIC LOG ...............
WARNING: Missing Header NG in "script.dat" file. (The script.dat is an old version)
WARNING: missing Header NG in "TITLE.TR4" level file
WARNING: level "TUT1.TR4" has a version (1.3.0.6) different than current dll
At moment of crash the program was managing:
.................................................. ..
CRASH REASON: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
EXTRA_INFO: VIOLATION ON WRITE AT OFFSET 0x2081B339
RECOVERABLE : YES
CRASH OFFSET: 0x10045467 (Inside offset range of Tomb_NextGeneration)
REGISTERS:
EAX=101A1130
EBX=3C
ECX=101A1130
EDX=101A1100
ESI=6D0
EDI=77694020
EBP=9B5FE08
EIP=10045467
ESP=9B5FDC8
Stack=0x9B5FDC8 pContesto=0x9B5F968 pInfoEccezione=0x9B5F918
PRIMARY_STACK:
ESP=0x9B5FDC8
STACK_TRACE:
0x100C42C8
0x475795
0x100DA665
0x47AF2D
0x43B0CC
0x43B330
0x100D80E3
0x100D6955
0x451FB3
0x451166
0x475155
0x49E67C
END_STACK_TRACE

SECONDARY_STACK:
ESP=0x19B0DC
STACK_TRACE:
<CRASH DURING STACK TRACE>
END_STACK_TRACE

OTHER_STACK:
ESP=0xE0BB150
STACK_TRACE:
<CRASH DURING STACK TRACE>
END_STACK_TRACE

Joey79100 04-11-19 18:15

This is an in-game issue, not related to Tomb Editor, so I've answered to you in the Open TRNG chat. :)

HaniHeger 04-11-19 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey79100 (Post 8147820)
This is an in-game issue, not related to Tomb Editor, so I've answered to you in the Open TRNG chat. :)

I was thinking that it could have an relation with this version,because I'm having lot's of problems in my level becas of it.
  • When some sound is suppose to trigger, the background sound just keeps repeating the first 1 or 2 seconds that I was just hearing before triggering.
  • The sounds that are supposed to appear when triggered don't appear at all.
  • The crashes
  • Sometimes an weird sort-of-loud sound appears for less than a second,repeatedly.
I'm trying to find the problem with each of those problems but boy i am confused.

BTW does anyone knows were can I edit the sound of an WAD? When the ninjas shoot the sound of lara swimming appears?? But that was there before 1.2.8 they too hold some weird thing instead of their weapons...
Edit: I guess that I found a way to get into the WAD sound files but I can't find the Baddy's sound files.

Joey79100 04-11-19 18:54

I'm not sure I understand your issues with sounds. Are you talking of sound effects or audio tracks?
Quote:

Originally Posted by HaniHeger (Post 8147841)
BTW does anyone knows were can I edit the sound of an WAD? When the ninjas shoot the sound of lara swimming appears?? But that was there before 1.2.8 they too hold some weird thing instead of their weapons...

The "swimming sound" is a common issue, a mistake of Core. In the first 3 games, there was a sound effect triggered whenever Lara was hit by bullets. In TR4, they replaced that sound with the underwater door sound, but forgot to remove the code that calls this sound slot when Lara gets hit.
You have 3 solutions for this:
  • If you're not using underwater doors, completely remove the underwater sound from your level. In Level settings > Sound infos, search for UNDERWATER_DOOR sound and untick it.
  • Remap the underwater door sound to another slot. Find a slot you're not using, edit its properties to fit the underwater door sound. Then open your underwater door in the Animation Editor, find the opening animation, and edit the AnimCommand that calls this sound so it calls the one you've choosen.
  • Remap the Lara being hit sound to another slot, using FLEP. If you want a sound, find a slot you're not using, edit its properties so it fits a hit sound, then open FLEP, select the Audio customizer patch, and change the Lara Being Hit Sound ID. If you don't want the sound, use the ID of a sound that is not enabled in your level.

Also, the weird thing the ninjas are holding might be Lara's butt. If you copied the BADDY_1 slot without copying the MESHSWAP3 slot that comes with it (which holds the other version of the hand, with the uzi), the game falls back to the first mesh of the level, which is Lara's butt. For BADDY_2 it's the same, but I think it's MESHSWAP2 that you have to copy. Just open the original WAD you took it from and copy the corresponding missing object to yours. :)

HaniHeger 05-11-19 00:36

Oooh, I should've have asked about this issue before then, really thanks! :hug:

Now I need to see what I can do for the sound problems and crashes...
I wonder if it would be a little... you know, for me to send my level to someone? And see if it can be fixed, since I saw it happening back there,and I'm very sure that those problems have something to do with this new version.

Lwmte 06-11-19 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicNamSam (Post 8146024)
Hi, total noob here. How do I make it have sounds during the level? I've read all the release notes and I don't really understand.

Next version will feature automatic detection of sounds if none were manually selected in level settings before.

dcw123 07-11-19 19:54

Not sure if this is another 'bug' or not..

I've noticed in a few levels for the Create A Classic competition (in which I believe the majority of players used T.E - I maybe wrong)

When Lara is standing on the very edge of a tile (walks to edge for example) then tried to jump up to grab a ledge or ladder, she instead hits her head (as if she is under it)
This never used to happen...

Has anyone else experienced this? Or is it just me
Assuming it isn't an NGLE issue as that hasn't been updated in a long time and I've never seen this.
Its only a minor thing, once you know its there just take a step back..

EDIT: I really hate doing this king of thing - but I thought it would help the team in some way?

JMN 09-11-19 07:36

^ Same here:

Legacy of the Scion by Baslakor
https://streamable.com/s/6dti7/ubezks

There's also the issue in certain places where the only way to grab a standable ledge above is to press Jump + Action. Supposed to also work with Up + Action.

TR-Freak 09-11-19 07:52

^I've seen this multiple times in custom levels before TE was a thing:o

JMN 09-11-19 14:52

Would it be possible to retain the ocb scaling of merged statics? I know it's a TRNG feature, but it would be nice if the merged geometry could be scaled according to the ocb value.

HaniHeger 09-11-19 23:29

Some days ago I said in here that i was having multiple problems in my level since 1.2.8.

Quote:

• When some sound is suppose to trigger, the background sound just keeps repeating the first 1 or 2 seconds that I was just hearing before triggering.
  • The sounds that are supposed to appear when triggered don't appear at all.
  • The crashes
  • Sometimes an weird sort-of-loud sound appears for less than a second,repeatedly.

I did found what was causing all of it,though i'm not sure why it was happening.

I was using the script that TombIDE provided, once I changed it with the script from the 1.2.7 version, it was okay. :D
I still wonder what was wrong with my script to make so many bugs happen,if anyone knows... I could too... perhaps send it here? idk

---

I still got some problems that maybe someone could know how to fix.
  • When lara hits the wall, an sound appears that was not suppossed to, it's similar to what happend with the ninjas and the underwater_door sound. But I don't know what sound exactly is this one,so i can't really remove it to stop it.
  • The rollingball sound keeps repeating itself until the ball stops rolling.
  • In one specific moment, 3 rollingballs fall and after it,when Lara jumps,there is an earthquake or sound of the rollingball being played.

Baslakor 10-11-19 00:51

Don't know if it's already addressed, but I have a Wadtool save issue.

I work in my wad, everything works as it should. Close Wadtool and reopen the wad, but I can't save it now. No errors or nothing, the 'save wad2 (as)' is dark grey.

If I create a new wad and open the old wad in source and copy everything. It works again.

TokyoSU 10-11-19 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baslakor (Post 8150662)
Don't know if it's already addressed, but I have a Wadtool save issue.

I work in my wad, everything works as it should. Close Wadtool and reopen the wad, but I can't save it now. No errors or nothing, the 'save wad2 (as)' is dark grey.

If I create a new wad and open the old wad in source and copy everything. It works again.

already reported :)
and will be fixed for the next update.

not again! 13-11-19 13:42

I'm trying to change the position of the flare inventory item with a FlipEffect: Variables. Memory. Set in <&>Inventory Memory the (E)Value; <&> Top Border in 2d plane.
I want to move the item a bit higher up and the Trigger Editor tells me that negative numbers will move the item up, but won't let me enter /select a negative value - it lets me select only a positive value (from 0 to 127).

https://i.imgur.com/EBoBOI2.jpg

I'm fairly new at level building, so I don't know whether I am just missing an additional step, or if this is something that should be reported. Lowering the item by selecting a positive value works, I just can't do the opposite. help :p

Patricia_S 13-11-19 14:10

Hi all, i just unziped the TR128 file and i am confused :confused:
I checked the readme and the youtube videos but i still don't know how to start. Is there a "quick start guide" somewhere or step by step instructions ?
Do i have to put the files in a specific directory?
Do i still have to use the TRLE folder (like with TRNG/NGLE)?
I made 2 rooms and tried "build level" but i got an error message.
Sorry if it sounds silly but i really feel lost

JMN 13-11-19 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by not again! (Post 8151730)
I'm trying to change the position of the flare inventory item with a FlipEffect: Variables. Memory. Set in <&>Inventory Memory the (E)Value; <&> Top Border in 2d plane.
I want to move the item a bit higher up and the Trigger Editor tells me that negative numbers will move the item up, but won't let me enter /select a negative value - it lets me select only a positive value (from 0 to 127).

Same issue in NGLE, the following might work instead:

http://i.imgur.com/YYKStK1l.png

Along with the following script command (-50 being the amount to move up):

Parameters= PARAM_BIG_NUMBERS, -50

not again! 13-11-19 15:11

^^ Ah, this works perfectly (and exactly the distance I wanted the item to go up, too) Thank you so much for your help, JMN! :D

HaniHeger 13-11-19 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricia_S (Post 8151734)
Hi all, i just unziped the TR128 file and i am confused :confused:
I checked the readme and the youtube videos but i still don't know how to start. Is there a "quick start guide" somewhere or step by step instructions ?
Do i have to put the files in a specific directory?
Do i still have to use the TRLE folder (like with TRNG/NGLE)?
I made 2 rooms and tried "build level" but i got an error message.
Sorry if it sounds silly but i really feel lost

--

Tomb Editor dosen't have a manual (or any sort of guide). But TRLE does,and it too have lots of tutorials out there to help you! TE and TRLE interfaces are quite similar so you can learn with TRLE tutorials but still use TE. In case you still get lost,try seing the videos about TE or ask here in the forum!

In version 1.2.7 there was a folder inside the editor's folder with the game,now you need to open TombIDE and start your new project. And then it will create a folder for your game.

((I had some issues with the script that TombIDE provided,so I am now using the 1.2.7 script,but you might not have any problem with that so don't worry too much.))
I'm not exactly a pro here but I wanted to help :)
Other people might help you better though.

Patricia_S 15-11-19 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaniHeger (Post 8151861)
--

Tomb Editor dosen't have a manual (or any sort of guide). But TRLE does,and it too have lots of tutorials out there to help you! TE and TRLE interfaces are quite similar so you can learn with TRLE tutorials but still use TE. In case you still get lost,try seing the videos about TE or ask here in the forum!

In version 1.2.7 there was a folder inside the editor's folder with the game,now you need to open TombIDE and start your new project. And then it will create a folder for your game.

((I had some issues with the script that TombIDE provided,so I am now using the 1.2.7 script,but you might not have any problem with that so don't worry too much.))
I'm not exactly a pro here but I wanted to help :)
Other people might help you better though.

I have been building for over 12 years now and it was ok with NGLE. I was just confused about what to do with this folder full of new things. I did not open TombIDE first, but tombeditor.exe instead, that's why. Now i know what to do thank you :D
Oh and yes it is basically very similar to our good old editor but much more intuitive and fun to use, i love it already!:jmp:

JMN 19-11-19 16:24

Small bug in TombIDE when importing levels:
  • Import Level button disappears when unchecking the box to generate a level entry in the script. Can still continue by pressing Enter.

And a couple of feature requests for Tomb Editor:
  • Ability to subdivide/grid toggle opacity walls without having to drag tiles down/up on one side.
  • Option to disable the automatic naming of new rooms, e.g. "Split from Room 2 (digged above)". Just use the room index as the name no matter how it was created, e.g. Room 3.

(wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the main thread)

HaniHeger 20-11-19 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMN (Post 8153284)
  • Option to disable the automatic naming of new rooms, e.g. "Split from Room 2 (digged above)". Just use the room index as the name no matter how it was created, e.g. Room 3.

I do think that's a good idea,when you split a room too many times,the names don't really help, so numbers would be easier to remember which is which,though I still think It should tell if it is split or not,something like... ''(slipt)'' at the end???

croftyboy 23-11-19 07:47

I'm having some problem with texture sounds. Snow sound assigned textures play the marble sound when stepped on, Ice and water sound assigned textures play no sound, just normal step sounds of Lara.

Is it a general bug or something or does that happen because of -possible presence of- broken sounds in my wad?

Boobandie 23-11-19 10:07

Snow from TR3 was repurposed for Marble in TR4, so you'll need to swap the samples.

Ice was repurposed to being a horseman sample as I recall, whichever one is randomly grouped with her footsteps. You'll need to change the line in the script to get it to work as the horseman sfx isn't a sound applied to all levels.

It could of course be an actual bug, but that was how to get those sounds working in the original level editor.

croftyboy 23-11-19 12:05

^^

Thank you. I followed this tutorial and with a little bit of tinkering, I have them now.

JMN 24-11-19 10:33

TombIDE bug: Pressing Alt + F4 to close program also launches the game.

Stryke 25-11-19 00:33

I'm having an issue with Trigger Triggerers. I have one in my level that is working fine. But I'm creating a similar setup and I cannot get it to work even with a simple setup. And advise? Even when I switch up how I set the triggers it still doesn't work.

JMN 26-11-19 18:56

When pressing enter in the Scalable OCB input for statics, any new value is discarded. You need to defocus the input field first before it saves.

Also, $5000 in the script for this action trigger should be $4000:

http://i.imgur.com/bOl3Vill.png

AkyV 26-11-19 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMN (Post 8155173)
Also, $5000 in the script for this action trigger should be $4000:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/bOl3Vill.png[img]

Yes, if the ACTION is about a Static.

Stryke 01-12-19 14:05

Is there a way I can make TE recognize the latest version of TRNG? I do have them in different locations. TRNG and TRLE is in my documents while TE is on my desktop. I think this is why the classic inventory isn't showing. When I build the level it says TRNG is 1.3.0.0. I have 1.5.7 installed.