www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Tomb Editor 1.2.8 released (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223576)

vasatomb 23-01-20 07:56

A how about midas palace? Start of level.
Насчёт этого уровня с бассейном в начале?

Lwmte 23-01-20 10:11

Have you tried to do it there? :D

TokyoSU 23-01-20 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lwmte (Post 8167028)
There was no pushable blocks in TR4, they were introduced by TRNG.

wrong i confirm the pushable block code and used actually in-game :)
not TRNG, it's original address:
#define InitialisePushableBlock INITIALISE(0x00409460)
#define PushableBlockControl CONTROL(0x004096D0)
#define PushableBlockCollision COLLISION(0x0040A040)

Lwmte 23-01-20 17:26

Hmmm, you mean they left control code in there but removed it from item initialization? That's interesting!

Joey79100 23-01-20 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by TokyoSU (Post 8167191)
wrong i confirm the pushable block code and used actually in-game :)
not TRNG, it's original address:
#define InitialisePushableBlock INITIALISE(0x00409460)
#define PushableBlockControl CONTROL(0x004096D0)
#define PushableBlockCollision COLLISION(0x0040A040)

He was talking of pushable blocks that you can climb on using OCB 68, as mentionned by vasatomb in the post just before.

TokyoSU 23-01-20 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey79100 (Post 8167195)
He was talking of pushable blocks that you can climb on using OCB 68, as mentionned by vasatomb in the post just before.

not view it :x, yea lara cant climb like in TRNG.

dcw123 24-01-20 12:57

Small issue regarding new flipeffects..

Installed plugins involving new flipeffects/conditions etc aren't showing when I use Tomb Editor.. they do however show up in NGLE.
Any reason why this is?

Most of them I can simply use scripting to have the same things happen luckily..

Joey79100 24-01-20 15:58

This is actually not a bug.
Since Paolone disappeared and left no source code or documentation for developers about how plugins work and what are the requirements for TRNG, it couldn't be implemented into TE. So when you have plugin triggers, you need to use NGLE to export them and use them through scripts (so instead of just putting it on the map, you put it in a TG and call that TG in the map instead).

JMN 24-01-20 16:53

That's not entirely true, plugin trigger format is documented here:

http://www.trlevelmanager.eu/plugin_...p/triggers.htm

SrDanielPonces 24-01-20 18:38

Nvm I'm dumb

Lwmte 24-01-20 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw123 (Post 8167361)
Installed plugins involving new flipeffects/conditions etc aren't showing when I use Tomb Editor.. they do however show up in NGLE.
Any reason why this is?

There is a thread called TE - Frequently Asked Questions. I recommend you to read it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMN (Post 8167392)
That's not entirely true, plugin trigger format is documented here

It's documented for users only. Format which is used to keep plugin triggers in TRNG footer in tr4 level file was never documented.

JMN 24-01-20 20:33

Format is very similar to other TRNG triggers, just prefixed with 01, 02, etc. corresponding to the plugin ID, e.g.

Code:

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 583
; Exporting: TRIGGER(1:0) for FLIPEFFECT(583) {Plugin_AkyVMix01}
; <#> : Camera. <&> Start/stop forcing "look" camera to keep the view
; <&> : Start
; (E) :
; WARNING:
; If you'll give this trigger to other people or you'll use it with a script.txt different than current
; you should add to the script, first of triggergroup where you'll use this trigger, the following line:
; #define @Plugin_AkyVMix01  4
; Values to add in script command: $042000, 583, $1

Or is it about the internal format stored in the compiled level?

Even if it couldn't be placed in the map, it would've still been useful having it listed and exportable in the editor.

Lwmte 24-01-20 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMN (Post 8167449)
Even if it couldn't be placed in the map, it would've still been useful having it listed and exportable in the editor.

I can only welcome such effort, if someone is willing to do that :)

Die Basis 25-01-20 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMN (Post 8167449)

Yes, I would welcome that as well. At the moment I only have a NGLE with the new Plugin Trigger from AKyV on my hard disk to be able to export them and put them into a Triggergroup to be useable in TE.

Lwmte 25-01-20 09:30

I think we need some kind of utility which will generate exported plugin triggers. If nobody is able to do that (I'll pass because I know absolutely nothing related to TRNG), then one just needs to "extract" this functionality from NGLE trigger window to separate program in the same way as TIDE externally calls NG_Center script compiler and suppresses all its prompts and windows.

AkyV 25-01-20 09:38

If it happens then please also try to remake Trigger's Help and Trigger's Remark functions of NGLE Set Triggers Type panel, because I added more or less detailed descriptions to more than 90 % of my plugin triggers. (Can be also read in TRG file with the plugin.)

Anyway, Paolone also started adding descriptions to his trng.dll triggers in the past, so some of them already have them.
A good question that how can they be expanded, anyway. Technically, I mean (i.e. no TRG file for that). Because the one who writes the missing descriptions to them is another question now - I can take this writing personally, anyway.

dcw123 26-01-20 15:04

OK so I've been using T.E all day today - no issues.

Went to load the editor again (it was set to auto load last project) and the entire 3D window is white with a big red cross through it.
I can't see a thing.
Tried loading a new project.. nothing.
Something about JIT?

Effectively broken my project :/

EDIT: I turned off 'auto update' and 'auto load last project' and also downloaded the newest version of T.E
This has happened once or twice now meaning I've lost projects and haven't been able to recover them. Luckily there were only a few test rooms and not an entire level.

I believe there was an issue with my LARA object. I copied some objects over from a level and for whatever reason it completely deleted all Lara animations.. good job I made a backup

Lwmte 26-01-20 15:36

That's unfortunate, it has been a long while since we had any serious bug reports like yours :(

Next time you'll see something unusual (red cross, crash message etc), please do a screenshot and send me TombEditorLog.txt file immediately after crash. Then I will be able to track the issue.

TokyoSU 30-01-20 15:06

the sound not work on TR4 (Original), i think it's the new sound system that cause that.

JMN 30-01-20 15:34

Is there any way to open multiple instances of SoundTool?

EDIT: Sorry, probably should've posted this in the main Tomb Editor thread.

Lwmte 30-01-20 22:07

@TokyoSU: That's strange, I am testing with original TR4 target version almost all the time (cause TRNG is failing badly on my laptop), and very rarely I have issues with sounds.

@JMN: Hmm, not for now, I thought nobody will ever need multiple instances of ST :confused: If you need that, I will implement this option.

TokyoSU 31-01-20 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lwmte (Post 8168745)
@TokyoSU: That's strange, I am testing with original TR4 target version almost all the time (cause TRNG is failing badly on my laptop), and very rarely I have issues with sounds.

i use tombeditor to test some think like the sound and it cause really wreid sound instead of the expected one.
and i remarked that it throw "Some samples weren't found. Make sure sample paths are specified correctly. Check level settings for details."
but all sound are green :x
and the default sound path is: "C:\Tomb Editor\Sounds\Samples"

PS: i use the TR4 default sound and sounds.txt (converted to .xml)
i use the TR4 version wad2 target and tombeditor TR4 version target

vasatomb 01-02-20 13:27

you can't see objects through the water surface in the editor, for example, trapdood.will there be a fix?

Lwmte 01-02-20 22:53

Yes, if someone will be brave enough to rewrite or refactor renderer one more time :D

TokyoSU 05-02-20 07:50

it would be great if we can edit the "zone" square like gray sector, it will allow more customize and we can add more zone in the future, just a function like texture mode but for zone (land, water, skeleton, fly, etc..) we will select what zone we want to edit and the editor will show only this zone, we will click on the sector (not wall because it return FALSE anytime in the pathfinding) and it will set enabled (green ?) and disabled (red ?) probably a custom color in the option would be additional.

rufierto 07-02-20 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufierto (Post 8143261)
Just downloaded and looking forward to getting into it. One question, the issue I had with the line between rooms with reflections is still there. This was not fixed in this update?

https://i.imgur.com/i2zegLk.png

There have been 3 updates since I asked this question. Is there a plan to fix this, or do I have to build rooms now without reflections?

Lwmte 07-02-20 15:11

I think it's obvious that if it is not fixed yet, it means nobody knows how to fix it ;)

TokyoSU 07-02-20 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lwmte (Post 8170957)
I think it's obvious that if it is not fixed yet, it means nobody knows how to fix it ;)

it's probably the reflection that are not sync between room with the same reflection flag, it's not a tombeditor bug but engine "bug" or just a missed feature from core :x

Lwmte 07-02-20 16:54

I think it's combination of both.
Core's room vertex effects are very quirky and easy to break with even slight modification of room geometry. That's why there are LOTS of reports that "something doesn't work as in winroomedit". In the past, there was a case of reflections breaking when movement flag was applied to the same vertex which already had glow flag. It was resolved (or at least I haven't heard any complaints with that).

In this case, I think it's combination of both tomb4 quirks and another Core's winroomedit hack that we lack in TE. Most likely, Core forced to remove vertices with vertical normals from processing as reflective.

rufierto 07-02-20 19:40

Thanks for the replies. I love using tomb editor so I am trying to come up with some creative geometry fixes. 🤔

LoreRaider 08-02-20 13:06

^ you could merge the rooms and use a waterfall objects rather than faces between portals, it would look even better :)

rufierto 08-02-20 15:09

I experimented with that, but that fix would not work in all instances in my level in question, for 1 area is 9 connected water rooms. I did find that glow works well enough for reflections in the area. Here is a picture of the area using glow and in a more finished form.

https://i.imgur.com/MBRP7GU.png

Lwmte 08-02-20 15:41

Actually there's another workaround you can try to use to overcome reflection problem - try to texture your lower water room with double-sided water textures, not the upper room (unless you're using two overlay textures for your water, like Caesum does). Then reflection flag won't be applied to water faces above and you won't see desynced effect.

rufierto 08-02-20 16:58

Oh really, I will try that today. Thank you:jmp: