www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Rivendell 27-02-07 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiCkiZ88 (Post 1608372)
forgot to note that I havent played it :o

Omg! Go buy it NOW! It's the one with the best feeling I think :D

Edit: Damn, the last two days I've gone mad - yesterday I bought that big Oblivion guide / strategy book..

Today I bought the Limited Edition Hardback FFXII Guide book..

I just love the cover!! (Well, and I'm greedy for really powerful FF weapons ;) )

Thorir 27-02-07 11:57

Hurrah, I just got equipment that doubles my LP. :D
And I´m going to steal equipment that doubles experience now. :D

Kiss-Bite 27-02-07 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 1608863)
The Secret Sword...you defeated the second Demon Wall before it got to the very end of the hallway? Which were your characters´ levels?:confused: When I was lvl 15 I couldn´t beat it.

Yes, I defeated the other Demon Wall before it crushed me against the wall by using a chain of quickenings & casting Berserk on Basch. My character levels were around Lvl 23 & 24.:)

This game is great, could become my favourite!:jmp:

Rivendell, I saw that Limited Edition guide & was very tempted, it's so thick which indicates just how much there is to this game. Maybe I will get it.

Evilkipje 27-02-07 12:24

oooh how could i miss this thread!?

i got ff12 last thursday, haven't had a lot of time to play it, i'm going to blabla mines now.

fran's voice is awesome but i hate her clothes.

god i love ff12, it reminds me of my beloved ff9!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1607849)
Question about 12.

Since you don't get money for killing wild beasts, should I sell the junk they drop, or do I need that in the future for something like FF9's synthesis?

i was wondering about that too. i was just selling it all until i discovered that some of those items are useful in battle. now i'm tempted to check a walkthrough even though i promised myself not to...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1604568)
I like the dialogue and voices so far. Very mature. Unlike the 11 rated FFX...

I know right! i believe it's because of both the more mature script and the very good translation!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiss-Bite (Post 1606062)
I'm so lost in FF12 right now!! I'm exploring new places now & they're just so beautiful!:jmp: I love the new battle system!:D

*heartily agrees*
*and loves the multi-quote button*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 1607888)
For me so far I'm reminded of FF9, with bits of FF8 and FF10 mashed into it.
Good parts - it's fun!
Bad parts - I'm finding it really bloody hard at the moment!

how is that a bad part? :P

Rivendell 27-02-07 12:36

In the guide I bought today one of the tips says "Don't forget to sell your loot, as it's one of the most prominent sources of income you'll have."

It's not said anything about needing the loot for upgrading and creating new weapons so far :wve:

Evilkipje 27-02-07 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 1609744)
In the guide I bought today one of the tips says "Don't forget to sell your loot, as it's one of the most prominent sources of income you'll have."

It's not said anything about needing the loot for upgrading and creating new weapons so far :wve:

but some of the loot can be used as a sort of bomb in battle. they work pretty well so it'd be a shame to sell them...

i'm selling all the wolf pelts though, they're useless i think (and hope)

what's everybody's longest chain?
my pathetic record is 15 wolves or something

Rivendell 27-02-07 12:47

I had a chain of 9 or 10 in that waterway, I wasn't sure how I was doing it though. Is it just killing things of the same species in quick succession?

MiCkiZ88 27-02-07 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1608596)
That's the spirit :tmb: It's addictive, trust me :D And you should get FF9 too.

I will.. How is FF9 like? The main reasons why I havent bought it yet is that I didn't like the style of the characters.. I was so superficial back then :p
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 1609428)
Omg! Go buy it NOW! It's the one with the best feeling I think :D

Better than the chilly/creepy/cold/scary athmosphere of FFVII ? :D
Meh Im going to get that one aswell. Is it just for ps? I just love FFVII & VIII too much.. X is great aswell.. apart from it being an interactive movie :p

Btw.. which parts did you like in X best? I really loved the part where tidus was alone in the dome before Rikku & the party came along.. That part was creepy/cold and I wished the game would've been more like that.

Evilkipje 27-02-07 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 1609764)
I had a chain of 9 or 10 in that waterway, I wasn't sure how I was doing it though. Is it just killing things of the same species in quick succession?

as far as i know, yup. but without the quick succession. i had a pause of 5 minutes in that seaside village, then went back to fighting them and the chain just kept going. got me lots of wolf pelts = money :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiCkiZ88 (Post 1609769)

IMO, yes. I felt little to no atmosphere in FF7, while FF12 just reathes atmosphere. i like how the whole style is so original. it hasthat ff9 mix of medieval + star wars, but also with some southern-european influences. ff12's world is just very different from anything i've ever seen :D

Rivendell 27-02-07 12:54

FF9 is just proper medieval fantasy, there's barely Anything hi-tech and sci-fi about it, which I LOVE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiCkiZ88 (Post 1609769)
Meh Im going to get that one aswell. Is it just for ps?

It's a different atmosphere, it feels more magical. I wouldn't say there was any particularly scary atmosphere in the game, it's just really magical and fantasy feeling. It does feel chilly and cold in bits, and parts feel really homely, comfortable and calm - but when things get chaotic, it really blasts chaos into the feel of the game in that wonderful FF way!

And yep, I think it's just for PS - I don't think this one made it to Pc.