www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dumb things people say (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=210928)

peeves 02-04-16 17:00

When people say to other people that are allergic to everything at least it ain't cancer.

DragonSlayer 21-11-17 12:30

Some dumb newspaper headlines I found online.

Are prostitutes getting screwed?
Goat accused of robbery
17 remain dead in morgue shooting spree
Man kills himself and runs away
Homicide victims rarely talk to police
Breathing oxygen linked to staying alive
Ex-minister breaks silence, says nothing
City unsure why the sewer smells
Federal agents raid gun shop, find weapons

My favourite is army vehicle goes missing after being painted with camouflage paint.

Woops 21-11-17 12:41

facebook clickbaits basically

Yeauxleaux 21-11-17 13:45

I got asked once if a lift went up and down. They got a sarcastic answer.

"Rio Janeiro, ain't that a person?"

Vinkula 21-11-17 15:11

I wear a uniform at work (same as everybody and even a name tag and stuff) and people (customers) ask me everyday "Do you work here?".

strawberry22 21-11-17 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinkula (Post 7797494)
I wear a uniform at work (same as everybody and even a name tag and stuff) and people (customers) ask me everyday "Do you work here?".

THIS.

Also, when people say “I could care less” it really bugs me. Like okay so you’re insinuating you could care less about what I’m saying, so you’re basically saying that you care to a degree?? Like I don’t get it it’s so contradictory to the context it’s used in

Quebsenuef 21-11-17 22:12

Quote:

Yes!! Me too!
I was working security, have the whole uniform and name tag thing going and someone asks me if I work here. “No, I don’t. What would give you the idea that I work here?” and then they’re usually left speechless for a few seconds when they realize their question was sort of dumb haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry22 (Post 7797585)
Also, when people say “I could care less” it really bugs me. Like okay so you’re insinuating you could care less about what I’m saying, so you’re basically saying that you care to a degree?? Like I don’t get it it’s so contradictory to the context it’s used in

I’m the same way when my mother says “Irregardless”.
I just want to shake her shoulders and yell “THAT IS NOT A WORD THE WORD IS REGARDLESS. STOP THE INSANITY.” but knowing my mother she would most likely punch me in the mouth. :p So I let her live in ignorance.

Soma Holiday 22-11-17 02:30

Someone said that camoflauge uniforms were ugly because they needed more clean lines in the design to look nicer...:hea:

DragonSlayer 22-11-17 08:05

Quote:

I would sometimes get asked that when I would go into my local Tesco, it also happened a number of years ago when I went to London and was in a shop at Piccadilly Circus.

All businesses should have the staff wear t-shirts that have staff written on the back and for those that wear shirts a jacket with staff written on the back no-one pay's attention to name tags anyway the staff in my local GameStop sometimes wear t-shirts with staff written on the back.

@yeauxleaux lift up and down :vlol:

Cochrane 22-11-17 08:39

I got asked what Git was and whether Linux was still free. By professional (as in getting paid for it) software developers, only two weeks ago.