www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dumb things people say (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=210928)

DragonSlayer 26-09-18 15:07

When someone tells you to calm down even though your perfectly calm and it results in the opposite effect.

My dad sometimes says that to me when we're in the middle of an argument, when he says that I just see red and get :cen: off and very :cen: angry.

Even more dumb are the things politicians say, a few years back in the run-up to an election there were loads of leaflets coming through the letterbox, I would look at them once just to see what was on them then throw them away.

One leaflet in particular stood out, it said on it that the guy whose name I've forgotten wanted to introduce legislation that would put the word of God back in our lives.

That's an unrealistic goal in my opinion plus it's a bit too Big Brother for my liking I don't remember if this guy got elected, if he had and his stupid legislation got passed I wonder how this would have worked bibles being sent to every home and government employed contractors forcibly entering people's homes to install a speaker or TV that spouts religious stuff for well ever or until they get smashed whichever comes first.

If you were to ask anyone who had received that particular leaflet if they thought legislation to put the word of God back in their lives was necessary they would have most likely said no and that there are more important issues that politicians should be dealing with instead of trying to force religion on people.

Politicians will never learn though and will continue saying stupid things for as long as politicians exist, however long that is.

Horus-Goddess 27-09-18 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_light (Post 7980666)
"Disney's Frozen is underrated".

Yes, you read that right.

More like overrated, if you ask me.

Something about that film never appealed to me I just can't put my finger on it. Other than the annoying snowman character. :p

Tyrannosaurus 27-09-18 05:04

"Smile!"

And if this is met with an awkward pause, it really helps to add, "I was just trying to be friendly! You know, you could really really work on your social skills."

That'll be sure to engender a smile.

Cochrane 28-09-18 06:11

"person X took a polygraph test/should take a polygraph test" - please let this die out. The scientific evidence is very clear that polygraph tests are entirely worthless, and the fact that someone took and passed them only tells you that they wasted some time. It does not support (or undermine) their credibility. I thought this was widely known, but then this week Twitter was once again full of people who used polygraph tests to help support their position, and that just doesn't work.

DragonSlayer 28-09-18 16:35

Donald Trump tweeting covfefee or whatever it was, did anyone ever figure out what if anything that was supposed to mean?

Cochrane 28-09-18 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer (Post 7991308)
Donald Trump tweeting covfefee or whatever it was, did anyone ever figure out what if anything that was supposed to mean?

From context it seems fairly clear that it was meant to be "coverage", but he, I don't know, fell asleep halfway through writing the tweet or something.

Honestly, the most remarkable thing about this is how fast this meme went from "what is this" to "heh, kind of funny" to "oh god stop it, this is the most annoying thing ever". Took about three hours for me.

wmcintosh 28-09-18 21:56

Blue_light 28-09-18 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess (Post 7990321)
Something about that film never appealed to me I just can't put my finger on it. Other than the annoying snowman character. :p

Personally I find it boring, bland, poorly written, contradictory, with terrible character writing.

Horus-Goddess 28-09-18 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_light (Post 7991491)
Personally I find it boring, bland, poorly written, contradictory, with terrible character writing.

I'd say that about sums it up haha. :D

Cochrane 29-09-18 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmcintosh (Post 7991460)

That's amazing! I like how her logic is entirely sound and correct, except for the single wrong assumption at the base that makes it all fall apart.

Edit to add: Apparently this is fake. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/deer-crossing/ (article starts discussing a letter but also mentions this recording)