www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Create a Classic Competition 2019 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223038)

SrDanielPonces 31-07-19 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DroneSpencer (Post 8115868)
I think that rules, as are set, are fine...
Use old textures and made level classic feel.
You can use some modern objects (approx 12)
I count 8-10 include modern Lara. It is not against rules so why we talking about that there?

this is literally the point of this discussion lol modern objects or modern lara is everything but classic (i.e tr1-5ish), so people are wondering why that's allowed but other things aren't

AgentXP 31-07-19 14:51

@SrDanielPonces you are using a new custom outfit that is not an original model from an original WAD, as are LoretheGamer and Tombraiderxii. The level of ‘HDness’ of the custom outfit, along with any of the 12 extra objects allowed, is up to each builder to decide as they see fit.

Crawlspace animations

On a slightly different note, I believe there were several people wanting to use a new crawlspace animation(s). (In my own opinion, that doesn't feel particularly classic, as it wasn't in the original TRs 1-5.) However.... given that quite a number of people were asking about this, I wanted to clarify that - if you, the builders feel it's appropriate for your level, you are free to use it. :)

DVDSpike 31-07-19 15:01

The whole point is to create a classic feeling level, which can be achieved through HD objects coupled with old objects and texture sets. The voting ultimately decides:

Level with too many HD objects with great gameplay/visuals - Doesn't win as it's not classic enough
Level with no HD objects with awful gameplay/visuals - Doesn't win despite the fact it fits with the classic theme
Level with just enough HD objects with great gameplay/visuals - may win as it still maintains a classic feel
Level with no HD objects with great gameplay/visuals - may also win as it still maintains a classic feel

With regards to the number of objects, it's already been stated that it's the builder's discretion to decide what HD objects and how many of them still maintain a classic feel - but a MAXIMUM of 12 has been permitted.

You can't really apply the same limit to textures, which is probably why they can't be used.

disapearing-boy 31-07-19 15:09

I assume the 12 custom objects limit is for any custom object not necessarily HD objects.

My custom objects are not HD at all. I just swapped existing meshes between Animatings/Statics. :p

To clarify - I assume I'm still limited to 12 custom items even if the edits are from a Classic base. That's how I'm approaching it anyways.

DroneSpencer 31-07-19 15:42

problem in map

Hi,
I ask in this section because it is a problem with a map for the competition.

I have underwater section into I place trapdoors (same method as normal (lower room and raise them up into door section) Doors have OCB 1 (solid but goes down when triggered))

But when I did and try to go into next room game crash
Also, doors are not solid and I can swim into the next section across a locked door.

Thanks for this little help within I cant continue.
DroneSpencer

AgentXP 31-07-19 15:51

Hmm, to me it sounds like the trapdoor might not be absolutely flush with the portal, as this does cause crashing. It might be worth re checking that your trapdoor is positioned flat against the portal...

Sometimes I've altered floor or ceiling geometry and a trapdoor has moved half a click up or down without me noticing.

ESCachuli 31-07-19 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by disapearing-boy (Post 8116042)
I assume the 12 custom objects limit is for any custom object not necessarily HD objects.

My custom objects are not HD at all. I just swapped existing meshes between Animatings/Statics. :p

To clarify - I assume I'm still limited to 12 custom items even if the edits are from a Classic base. That's how I'm approaching it anyways.

As a player, that's what I'm expecting to see.
I will rate higher the levels that stick to the classic feeling the most. At least from a graphical standpoint.

DroneSpencer 31-07-19 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentXP (Post 8116057)
Hmm, to me it sounds like the trapdoor might not be absolutely flush with the portal, as this does cause crashing. It might be worth re checking that your trapdoor is positioned flat against the portal...

Sometimes I've altered floor or ceiling geometry and a trapdoor has moved half a click up or down without me noticing.

Thank you
Also, I wan to ask you if you do not know why enemies ignore BOX and leaving the island (fall of to void) and also why they are bugging into walls (I am stuck on this problem approx 7 days).
Thanks a lot

AgentXP 31-07-19 16:31

I wish I knew the answer to this, in my Forest Kingdom level I was stuck with yetis running off legdes and into walls. Boxes don't seem to make much difference. All I can suggest is try tweaking and experimenting with different geometry to lessen the effect. I don't think you can totally eliminate it though, at least I couldn't :(

Edit. What you can do is have a trigger to kill the baddies if they do fall into the void... that way you don't have baddies running around in thin air... e.g if you are using TRNG, something like this: 'Action' trigger -

; Set Trigger Type - ACTION 14
; Exporting: TRIGGER(270:0) for ACTION(1172) {Tomb_NextGeneration}
; <#> : SKELETON ID 1172 in sector (3,8) of Room3
; <&> : Enemy. Kill <#>object in (E) way
; (E) : Remove immediatly (disappear any item)
; Values to add in script command: $5000, 1172, $10E

DroneSpencer 31-07-19 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentXP (Post 8116072)
I wish I knew the answer to this, in my Forest Kingdom level I was stuck with yetis running off legdes and into walls. Boxes don't seem to make much difference. All I can suggest is try tweaking and experimenting with different geometry to lessen the effect. I don't think you can totally eliminate it though, at least I couldn't :(

Edit. What you can do is have a trigger to kill the baddies if they do fall into the void... that way you don't have baddies running around in thin air... e.g if you are using TRNG, something like this: 'Action' trigger - Enemy. Kill <#>object in (E) way - Remove immediatly (disappear any item)

thanks for answer
my problem is that baddies that fall of can have keys as loot etc and with this issue, I cant guarantee playability :(