www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Create a Classic Competition 2019 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223038)

dinne 09-08-19 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces (Post 8119609)
...

Because I've enormous problems that I can't smash my head on it for more hours than this. I am not able to use scripts very much and also I get a crash in WadMerger with the animation of the Sarcophagus thing, well it's a mess...
Thanks a lot but I've no energies anymore, I just wonder if it makes sense that I continue with this asset or if it would be too much "meh" with the cabinets and shelvings as just simple static objects... And without the ceiling hook moving.
So that maybe I change with a simpler asset to implement from TR4 for example, idk.

SrDanielPonces 09-08-19 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinne (Post 8119616)
Because I've enormous problems that I can't smash my head on it for more hours than this. I am not able to use scripts very much and also I get a crash in WadMerger with the animation of the Sarcophagus thing, well it's a mess...
Thanks a lot but I've no energies anymore, I just wonder if it makes sense that I continue with this asset or if it would be too much "meh" with the cabinets and shelvings as just simple static objects... And without the ceiling hook moving.
So that maybe I change with a simpler asset to implement from TR4 for example, idk.

I insist on helping you even if you are terrible at it! Just send me a pm.. It would be nice to have a nice level with all these sarcophagus :)

dcw123 09-08-19 21:42

Well.. even if you didn't have the cabinets or hook trap - it wouldn't matter at all.
You can still have the objects, textures, design and dogs/bad guys as normal

TBF as Daniel said - you can get the cabinets to work with scripting :)

EDIT: Ran through what I have so far (no keys or door as of yet) and without sprinting or rushing too much, I got to 11 mins gameplay
Level only part built too, so hoping to reach that 30 min requirement easily

Made some more new textures and better transitions using TR4 originals - TBF you probably won't even notice them, but they are there.
Mainly to fix corners and balcony edges where lines wouldn't be etc
I had to edit this room a lot coz Lara could easily reach the balcony, so I need to test and make sure she can't skip parts of the level out or miss key items..

https://i.imgur.com/7jPS0HJ.jpg

EDIT: Having some issues with certain objects. Movables cannot be tinted or darkened like statics. In-game some of these are way too dark or too bright and it looks odd - although I like how they react to flares.
I was going to set the problem objects to Static Lighting, to avoid such issues - but then when Lara fires guns/lights a flare , they won't change.
Biggest culprit are some stairs in the main hall, they just won't darken for some reason even though the room isn't bright

I'm in a catch 22 here.. anything I can do?
Meta2TR can do something right? Blend objects into the level - never done it before so IDK what i'm doing

Reggie 11-08-19 11:51

:)

Enjoyed working on this area.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/pic...ictureid=13293

benjamin_2010 11-08-19 18:36

I'm happy to announce my entry in this competition! I have not completed a TRLE level in over 10 years... I have dabbled in many side projects since my last level release, so I feel confident my skills have improved.


It will be a TR1 Greece themed level sprinkled with AOD style. I'm working fervently to get it completed since I'm starting late! What do you think so far?



https://i.imgur.com/fhDFjjH.png?1

https://i.imgur.com/eDoffrU.png?1

https://i.imgur.com/iy3Qw8l.png?1

https://i.imgur.com/ZFRINMY.png?1

Baslakor 11-08-19 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw123 (Post 8119619)


Having some issues with certain objects. Movables cannot be tinted or darkened like statics. In-game some of these are way too dark or too bright and it looks odd - although I like how they react to flares.
I was going to set the problem objects to Static Lighting, to avoid such issues - but then when Lara fires guns/lights a flare , they won't change.
Biggest culprit are some stairs in the main hall, they just won't darken for some reason even though the room isn't bright.

Not my specialty, but getting them in the static slot fixes this. Animatings adjust to the ambient lightning, thus if you have a dark room with a lot of light bulbs, they still look dark. Love your screenshot though! Really want to play this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by reggie
Enjoyed working on this area.

Nice! But what is it? :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjamin_2010
t will be a TR1 Greece themed level sprinkled with AOD style. I'm working fervently to get it completed since I'm starting late! What do you think so far?

I really dig the lightning and textures. I'm a bit skeptical about the last picture though. Wading through water like that is very time consuming and extremely boring. :P

dcw123 11-08-19 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baslakor (Post 8120116)
Not my specialty, but getting them in the static slot fixes this. Animatings adjust to the ambient lightning, thus if you have a dark room with a lot of light bulbs, they still look dark. Love your screenshot though! Really want to play this!

Aww thank you :)
All these nice comments has definitely boosted my building confidence.
Finally started expending on the existing rooms from the demo as well as swapping the existing rooms around a little to mix things up a bit for those who have played both the demo and final L.L level in TR4. (I moved the 1F pool area to the ground floor for example)
Then its passing the deadly cogs and into a brand new underground area and main puzzle to unlock those big blue doors :3

Loving those screens Benjamin - and the fact Lara can wade in water and have flares in a TR1 level is nice.. it adds a totally new layer of gameplay

Reggie 11-08-19 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baslakor (Post 8120116)
Nice! But what is it? :P

Spoilers. :D

DroneSpencer 12-08-19 15:13

Hi,
This is the final time after my beta-test
http://imgur.com/a/WNOKtH3

This room is not still done yet but is last in level. So time stay approx the same.
Without secrets, it is approx 5-10 minutes less.

Later I show you some rooms in level but not now, As first I wait for some feedback from my beta testers.

Spencer

If someone tells me how to upload pictures there (which website is best for it, I will be happy)

Joey79100 12-08-19 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baslakor (Post 8120116)
Not my specialty, but getting them in the static slot fixes this. Animatings adjust to the ambient lightning, thus if you have a dark room with a lot of light bulbs, they still look dark.

Almost, you're mixing it up. :p
Animatings, and moveable objects in general react just fine to lightning, including light bulbs.
Statics, with static lighting, will never react to any kind of light: it's their original lightning that counts and the tint you give to it.
Statics with moveable lighting on the other hand will take the ambiant room light and react to dynamic light sources (flames, flares, pistols etc), but not to light bulbs. What you explained. :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.