www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=221734)

Rai 20-11-18 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer (Post 8014511)
Well Eidos Montreal said as they were planning to develop Shadow of the Tomb Raider as a reboot trilogy aka for it to be the last game in the reboot series. So I hope TRAOD along with the rest of these 2 games will be finished to get developed as I believe that AOD deserves a remaster. You think so?

Source? Because I'm certain EM have said Shadow is the finalé of the origins story, but not the end of this iteration. Going forward, there's likely to be standalone stories with current Lara. (I see portugalraider already made this point :tmb:)

I'm not up for an AoD remake and continued trilogy. The only way to do so would be to drop the current timeline and somehow recreate AoD Lara - with CD at the helm. To be blunt, I don't see some fans accepting CD's take on AoD Lara or classic-like gameplay.

As someone who enjoys the current timeline and Lara, I'm happy to see where she goes from here now she's passed the origin stage.

EliParker 20-11-18 23:29

For me I don't really see, how TR13/Rise/Shadow is a interconnected trilogy. The reason is there really isn't anything connecting them, other then Trinity and Richard Croft (so that doesnt count, as they are just recurring characters), and the heavy amount extended canon media.

7 comic book arcs, 2 novels, and an untold events between Inferno/Shadow.

Vaskito 20-11-18 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8014569)
Source? Because I'm certain EM have said Shadow is the finalé of the origins story, but not the end of this iteration. Going forward, there's likely to be standalone stories with current Lara. (I see portugalraider already made this point :tmb:)

I'm not up for an AoD remake and continued trilogy. The only way to do so would be to drop the current timeline and somehow recreate AoD Lara - with CD at the helm. To be blunt, I don't see some fans accepting CD's take on AoD Lara or classic-like gameplay.

As someone who enjoys the current timeline and Lara, I'm happy to see where she goes from here now she's past the origin stage.

Exactly. They made sure to iterate multiple times that Shadow is only the end of the beginning, and I’m pretty certain they’ve said in multiple instances that the Lara we have by the end of SOTTR, fully developed in the reboot universe, will be the Lara we’ll be getting in future adventures, and it makes sense, otherwise why would they reboot, and make a whole trilogy to develop her, just to drop her in the end?
Unless they decide to reboot once again, which is really unlikely, this version of Lara is here to stay :jmp:

TRExpertgamer 21-11-18 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 (Post 8014499)
AOD has possibly the best story in the franchise. Don't @ me. The game was just a little lost and rushed. If AOD was remade and done better with modern mechanics, she'd be that girl.

As in what modern mechanics are you talking about?

JuditePrince12 24-11-18 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer (Post 8014587)
As in what modern mechanics are you talking about?

The whole old classic style of the game should be done away with

Yeauxleaux 24-11-18 20:14

In the very least I wish they'd just remaster AoD so it's not glitchy and as obviously unfinished anymore. Maybe see if they can refine the controls somewhat so it's not as "tanky controls" and clumsy.

Really though it needed at least another 6 months of development time, absolute minimum.

I'm bored of Laura though and if they were to reboot again I'd be glad to see the back of her.

#ByeLaura

https://i.ibb.co/wCwbj3Y/A-Prince.gif

Actually random thought, I'd love to see something more like Evie Frye from Assassin's Creed. They need to hire whoever designed/wrote her character because she's everything.

TRExpertgamer 24-11-18 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8014569)
Source? Because I'm certain EM have said Shadow is the finalé of the origins story, but not the end of this iteration. Going forward, there's likely to be standalone stories with current Lara. (I see portugalraider already made this point :tmb:)

I'm not up for an AoD remake and continued trilogy. The only way to do so would be to drop the current timeline and somehow recreate AoD Lara - with CD at the helm. To be blunt, I don't see some fans accepting CD's take on AoD Lara or classic-like gameplay.

As someone who enjoys the current timeline and Lara, I'm happy to see where she goes from here now she's passed the origin stage.

I personally am up for an AOD remake along with this continued trilogy right after Shadow of the Tomb Raider myself.

EliParker 24-11-18 23:09

I'm up for an AOD remake of sorts on the condition that Kurtis was a fragment of Lara's imagination/Kurtis was her alter-ego.

At the end of the day, I never want to see Kurtis again.

charmedangelin 24-11-18 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliParker (Post 8015470)
I'm up for an AOD remake of sorts on the condition that Kurtis was a fragment of Lara's imagination/Kurtis was her alter-ego.

At the end of the day, I never want to see Kurtis again.

No, Kurtis was important and a key element in the story of AOD. Sorry, but I wouldn't accept a remake without Kurtis.

EliParker 24-11-18 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8015475)
No, Kurtis was important and a key element in the story of AOD. Sorry, but I wouldn't accept a remake without Kurtis.

Then there should be no romance between them, and Kurtis shouldn't be grabbing on Lara.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.