www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=221734)

Portugalraider 27-10-18 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider (Post 8005674)
Personally, I think giving us a Lara more similar to how she was written in the comics is the first step. From all I’ve seen and know, she’s closer to classic Lara in those, even though there would still need to be some changes.

Thank you!

She is indeed closer to classic Lara, while still feeling true to her reboot self in the comics, even when they were written by Rhianna Pratchett. Especially in the post-RotTR and pre-SotTR comics.

Honestly, I think it shows that the problem is not the character, but the tone of the games: the comics can still be dark, but they are not afraid to get more light-hearted as well, and as such they are able to show both sides of reboot Lara Croft. Just shows that perhaps the games should opt for that more balanced yet well contrasted tone the comics have.

Athukraz 27-10-18 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft (Post 8005669)
I love the reboot but this franchise need the classic Lara back :)

Yes. Same universe as the reboot but make Lara into Lara already. She had enough time to become her, THREE games when it should have been one.

Yeauxleaux 27-10-18 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8005791)
Yes. Same universe as the reboot but make Lara into Lara already. She had enough time to become her, THREE games when it should have been one.

I shamelessly and openly want a personality transplant for this Lara at this point.

Athukraz 27-10-18 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 8005803)
I shamelessly and openly want a personality transplant for this Lara at this point.

I don't think anyone would mind this if it happened tbh

Yeauxleaux 27-10-18 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8005805)
I don't think anyone would mind this if it happened tbh

Idk, some definitely would, for reasons beyond my comprehension but still.

Athukraz 27-10-18 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 8005807)
Idk, some definitely would, for reasons beyond my comprehension but still.

The sudden change in her personality can be justified with the trilogy's end and her 'becoming the tomb raider' though

Yeauxleaux 27-10-18 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8005808)
The sudden change in her personality can be justified with the trilogy's end and her 'becoming the tomb raider' though

I agree and it really should have done already. I don't think the personality change had to be sudden, mind you, but as I've said before the goal should always have been to grow this Lara into a recogniseable take on Lara. We have not yet seen this as of Shadow.

At this point though I'm just unapologetically bored of this lame as **** Lara though and I want her gone.

Lyle Croft 27-10-18 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 8005803)
I shamelessly and openly want a personality transplant for this Lara at this point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8005805)
I don't think anyone would mind this if it happened tbh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8005808)
The sudden change in her personality can be justified with the trilogy's end and her 'becoming the tomb raider' though

We can have her hit on the head, or possessed by some entity.

Athukraz 27-10-18 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 8005809)
I agree and it really should have done already. I don't think the personality change had to be sudden, mind you, but as I've said before the goal should always have been to grow this Lara into a recogniseable take on Lara. We have not yet seen this as of Shadow.

At this point though I'm just unapologetically bored of this lame as **** Lara though and I want her gone.


Sadly the DLCs don't seem to use the opportunity to fix this and give her proper outfits and instead they cover her body completely. Lara (reboot or classic) would never wear this type of clothes. All the military and tribal outfits they give us aren't even canon. Something similar to the classic outfits could be considered canon since she became the tomb raider and all of that

NoahCrofRaider 27-10-18 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 8005807)
Idk, some definitely would, for reasons beyond my comprehension but still.

I feel two ways about this. One being, “oh my gosh! This is not reboot Lara! The developers don’t even know what they want to do. They should stay true to reboot Lara and not listen to fans because we’re so divided”.

The other being I simply don’t care about or mind a personality transplant because I love all versions of her and I really couldn’t give a flying crap after all the nonsense of them seemingly not knowing what they want to do with the character or franchise.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.