www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Rise of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   As a person that disliked 2013 is Rise worth it ? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=222736)

dg1995 03-05-19 06:16

As a person that disliked 2013 is Rise worth it ?
 
TR 2013 for me wasn't a true TR game. That game was a 3rd person cover shooter with optional stealth, set pieces , QTEs with minimal platforming and no puzzles(booby traps, tombs).

Is Rise worth it for me ?

Chamayoo 03-05-19 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dg1995 (Post 8084035)
TR 2013 for me wasn't a true TR game. That game was a 3rd person cover shooter with optional stealth, set pieces , QTEs with minimal platforming and puzzles(booby traps, tombs).

Is Rise worth it for me ?

Difficult to say. The gameplay is the same, no doubt of that. So you could be annoyed once again. There is slightly less shoot and stealth is considerably there. Less set pieces but still present and less varied.
Optional tombs are definitely bigger and I think in the main story the puzzles are a little more present.

Think of this : baby steps, as maybe you think it is not enough of an amelioration.

Samz 03-05-19 06:41

Its pretty much the same.

Avoid.


People did the math and you actually do even more combat.
Story is just outright awful and its actually worse than 2013.

Everything horrible about 2013 is still present.

killchan 03-05-19 07:07

Rise is TR2013 with more stealth, more exploration, more weapons, less QTEs and bigger maps and a fair number modes.

if you can get past the fact that it isn't a "true TR game", you might like it.

IMO it's worth $20

FanosCroft 03-05-19 07:51

You should give it a try, the game has more and better tomb and optional tombs than TR2013, plus they're all eye-candy, more exploration, gunfights are reduced to aswell as the QTE's. And oh, you will love Syria level, it's so beautiful and feels like tomb raider with no resources to find for survival, just pure exploration.

Costel 03-05-19 09:13

If I were the OP I would not know who to believe:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samz (Post 8084039)
Its pretty much the same.

Avoid.


People did the math and you actually do even more combat.
Story is just outright awful and its actually worse than 2013.

Everything horrible about 2013 is still present.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8084038)
Difficult to say. The gameplay is the same, no doubt of that. So you could be annoyed once again. There is slightly less shoot and stealth is considerably there. Less set pieces but still present and less varied.
Optional tombs are definitely bigger and I think in the main story the puzzles are a little more present.

Think of this : baby steps, as maybe you think it is not enough of an amelioration.


larafan25 03-05-19 09:21

Naw, it's not.

It's not anywhere close to being anything more than a sequel to the reboot. So it's like... the same game. Because that's the point of that, etc...

Greatest TR 03-05-19 09:39

Stick to Core design era, those are the Tomb Raider games :tmb:

Patrick star 03-05-19 10:00

Rise to TR2013 is like TR2 to TR1 . Interpret that as you wish .

It's also worth noting that many people who outright disliked TR2013 ended up liking Rise , I can name a handful on this forum no less .

So all in all , I'd say you should give it a try and form your opinion on it .

Personally ? It's my favorite in the reboot trilogy and my third favorite Tomb Raider game overall .

GRiannisRaider 03-05-19 10:23

If you want a tomb raider experience you should try shadow of the tomb raider if you haven't already :) it is so much closer to the old tomb raider games with many tombs to explore .


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.