Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The best settings for Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness. (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=220813)

Nerdy 05-12-19 23:41

Thank you very very very very very MUCH!!!!!!!!!

This OP:hug:
THESE PATCH MAKERS:hug:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im doing a TR marathon. And ended up here first before starting with AOD again <3

The game looks superb and in 60fps.

Samz 06-12-19 21:00

Not sure if I already said it but I'd say it again anyway.
If you want the best settings.

It's only actually in the in-game graphics that you can enable high quality water, though it's a little buggy.

Sifo-Dyas 12-04-20 17:04

Link for higher quality FMV scenes by LoreTheGame does not work ...

Hey, could you provide a working link for the higher quality FMV scenes-patch by LoreTheGame, please? I tried clicking on it, but it doesn't work.

Supa-thanx! :)

Maverin 13-04-20 14:35

Thank you for the kind words everyone. Also remember that it's the developers of these patches and fixes who are the real heroes.

[QUOTE=Sifo-Dyas;8186371]Hey, could you provide a working link for the higher quality FMV scenes-patch by LoreTheGame, please? I tried clicking on it, but it doesn't work.

Supa-thanx! :)[/QUOTE]

Updated again as of 29/04/2020. The censored link got replaced by an alternative. Please remove this link again should it be in conflict with any terms of agreement. Thank you.

Zukoiu 02-05-20 13:58

Okay, I have tried to launch the TRAOD through TRAOD_P4.exe but for some reason I'm getting the error: Assertion 'pData && length>0' at C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\ai\script_mgr.c(400)

I tried a few fixes suggested by various forums with enabling and disabling certain features, but still nothing. I wish to mention that I run the GoG game and that through the launcher, the game does run and all is well. It seems just the TRAOD_P4.exe has issues.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

sasho648 02-05-20 15:05

Why would you want to run from the exe? I don't understand. In any the %cd% must contain the data dir so if you insist just put the exe one directory back (i.e not in TRAOD\bin but just in TRAOD) and launch it from there.

Zukoiu 03-05-20 11:59

I thought the guide specifically says to launch directly as opposed to the game launcher for the patches and everything to work, no?

Joey79100 03-05-20 13:26

If you're talking about the OP, then no it doesn't: it says to apply the patch directly on TRAOD_P4, but you still have to launch it normally, through the launcher. :p

Zukoiu 03-05-20 17:56

Well, **** me, I missed that part. Thank you for clearing that out for me. I'll go fix my game again and have at it. Appreciate your time, guys.

Maverin 05-05-20 20:54

[QUOTE=Zukoiu;8192949]I thought the guide specifically says to launch directly as opposed to the game launcher for the patches and everything to work, no?[/QUOTE]

I myself launch it directly through the executable because I don't like launchers in general. A little oldschool but I just like to double click a game icon and expect it to bring me directly to the game. I really dislike steam because of that (yes you can circumvent it by adding -nosteam to the shortcut but that still requires steam to finish it's updates first). Anyway skipping the AOD launcher is optional. And it's possible that your file is in a different direction since you install the GOG version while I install it from the classic collection.

Side note: updated the Herbalist fix link.