Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

SoraSakai 13-04-20 00:55

When it’s done repeatedly on a weekly basis with the exact same outcome again and again and again and again, repeatedly and repeatedly.

Then yes. It’s stupid.

And you should be self-aware enough to be comfortable with people pointing out that something you’re doing is stupid without getting offended by it.

Portugalraider 13-04-20 01:06

Well, then call me the king of stupidity, because I quite enjoy discussing the "what if that info from IMDB is right, even if most possibly isn't".

This seems more like complaining because you don't like to do that Sora, which is perfectly fine. But you not liking it shouldn't be a reason to spoil the fun to the rest of us.

SoraSakai 13-04-20 03:45

Or, I’m looking out for you.
You’re all just repeatedly getting your own hopes up only to end up having them be disappointed again and again.

Also there’s a difference between calling someone stupid and calling a thing someone’s doing stupid.

Smart people are capable of doing stupid things all the time.

PinkyPromise 13-04-20 09:40

[QUOTE=SoraSakai;8186486]I’m not being rude.
How many times do you need to experience the same thing over and over again though...?
“Hey! These names were added to IMDB!”
“Oh no. They were removed. I wonder why.”
“Oh hey they were added back!”
“Oh no they were removed again. I wonder why.”
“Oh look they were added back!”

[B]Because they can be added and removed by anyone and they mean nothing. STOP. CELEBRATING THEM. It’s stupid and it’s not rude of me to find an act that’s repeated at a weekly basis to be stupid.[/B]

And yes. I added the names. With zero source and zero credibility. So there. Let’s all stop celebrating it.[/QUOTE]

[youtube]Dkk9gvTmCXY[/youtube]

We are SPECULATING and that is something fun in the process. If you are not happy, just don't post about it. We know that IMBD is not true and that anyone can write (as you did) but it is fun to think that at some point those names will be true. I prefer that than not writing anything until there is official news. A forum is a group of evasion and comment (something very necessary right now) and if we only write when we receive news it would be too boring.

Rai 13-04-20 10:26

Well said, Pinky.

[QUOTE=SoraSakai;8186554]Or, I’m looking out for you.
You’re all just repeatedly getting your own hopes up only to end up having them be disappointed again and again.

Also there’s a difference between calling someone stupid and calling a thing someone’s doing stupid.

Smart people are capable of doing stupid things all the time.[/QUOTE]

So, you're looking out for us by telling us not to speculate over names popping up on IMDB, yet you're saying you added the names yourself, knowing full well that peeps here check the page in order to speculate. Makes sense. :tmb:

I don't need someone to 'look out for me' for speculating over any possible new developments, ta. As I said before, no one's forcing you to join in. There is no harm in the rest of us speclating, keeping the discussion going while we wait.

SoraSakai 13-04-20 10:43

Okay but you’ve all been doing this every single week. There’s nothing [B]nothing[/B] to speculate. There’s a finite answer here for both scenarios.

Why did this name get added?
[B]Because it’s IMDB and anyone with a paid subscription can edit it.[/B]

Why did this name get removed?

There. Speculation=concluded. Answers=given.

Tonyrobinson 13-04-20 10:59

[QUOTE=SoraSakai;8186486]

And yes. I added the names. With zero source and zero credibility. So there. Let’s all stop celebrating it.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of what you're trying to achieve? :confused:

Portugalraider 13-04-20 12:49

Well Sora, thank you for your services, but they are not needed. :wve:

Rai 13-04-20 15:00

[QUOTE=SoraSakai;8186605]Okay but you’ve all been doing this every single week. There’s nothing [B]nothing[/B] to speculate. There’s a finite answer here for both scenarios.

Why did this name get added?

Why did this name get removed?

There. Speculation=concluded. Answers=given.[/QUOTE]

Actually, no. Sure, we're aware that the page can be edited by anyone with a paid account, but there's a chance an addition to cast or crew is official/accurate. If it turns out names were added (or deleted) by random person for random reasons then we move on, no biggy. Plus there's no way to know for sure unless someone owns up, like you did. It can depend on what cast or crew were added of course, but further speculation might come of it and if not, like this week, all that happened is that it was noticed names had been added. Why does it bother you that a few of us are checking? If it keeps us occupied with a discussion for a day or two, what's the harm? Personally, I don't understand what someone gets out of randomly editing the page anyway. But, meh, you do you, if you get kicks out of it, just don't go telling us not to speculate when we notice changes.

Tonyrobinson 13-04-20 15:38

Sora: What I want to know is if you added the names did you also add the names the first time as they are the same ones posted before things were taken down?

This situation is so bizarre. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt but it comes across as so hypocritical and out of character. Can you explain your actions for clarification?