Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   General Tomb Raider Discussion (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=207878)

Yuna´s Wish 18-07-19 13:45

I must have already said this in the Unpopular TR Opinions thread, but I'll say it again: Legend Lara is the best Lara Croft iteration.

And I'll add that Keeley Hawes is the best voice actress and that she delivered the most memorable dialogues.

Also, yes, the ending to Legend is fantastic. "From this moment, your every breath is a gift from me" is beautiful.

EDIT: Oh, and Underworld is excellent too. Thailand, puzzles, motorbike, giant spiders, Mjölnir, Natla and Amanda...

...its only downside was the erratic camera and awkward gunfights (Anniversary was much better at that).

Nigel Cassidy 18-07-19 13:47

[QUOTE=Yuna´s Wish;8111057]I must have already said this in the Unpopular TR Opinions thread, but I'll say it again: Legend Lara is the best Lara Croft iteration.

And I'll add that Keeley Hawes is the best voice actress and that she delivered the most memorable dialogues.

Also, yes, the ending to Legend is fantastic. "From this moment, your every breath is a gift from me" is beautiful.[/QUOTE]

Well I for one totally agree with that :)

Yeauxleaux 18-07-19 13:48

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"][I][FONT="Times New Roman"]I think LAU Lara is fine. I kinda get that Keeley's voice is a bit too warm and soft for some people (I don't mind it, I think Keeley is fantastic) but I can see her as a slightly older, mellowed out classic Lara.

When she's angry is where she really shines though. God I [U]love[/U] LAU Lara's temper.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/gcZJzLQZ/lara.gif[/img]

I like Jonell's Lara the most personally.[/FONT][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NoahCrofRaider 18-07-19 13:54

I do love her temper. It’s such a great head-turner for me, and it’s a nice change from classic Lara who always controlled it more or reboot Lara, who just kills people or screams when she’s upset. :D

Quebsenuef 18-07-19 14:36

I literally only remember LAU Lara angry at the end of Legend.
I don’t recall any other time she was upset. I did only play Underworld once though so that might be why. I wish she had much more of that anger energy at the end of Legend throughout the three games.

Yeauxleaux 18-07-19 14:43

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"][I]She had angry moments in Underworld as well

[youtube]Oor_3fxgh8E[/youtube]

"Lara! You really are a woman after my own hea-"
"YAAAAHHAAAHAHGH!!!"[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quebsenuef 18-07-19 14:44

Oh that’s right! She smashes Natla out of the thing.
I totally blocked that out, mainly bc I was sick to death of Natla and her bull****.
I try to forget she was even in Underworld. She should’ve died in Anni

Yeauxleaux 18-07-19 14:48

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"][I]She could have appeared but in a different way.

I like the idea of Lara going through a dais portal, ending up back in time at the peak of Natla's civilisation, and meeting queen Natla there. Then something terrible could happen that would explain both the downfall of Natla and why Natla sought younger (and at that point un-knowing) Lara out in 1996. You can still tie-in the Amelia storyline somewhere in there too somehow.

That's how they should have connected Legend and Anniversary and tied up the trilogy.[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Lyle Croft 18-07-19 14:57

Ugh Angry LAU Lara...is legit amazing

WHERE IS MY MOTHER!!!!

And Lara smashing the glass.

"I need the hammah to kill a GAWD!"

----
I hope they reboot the series and turn Lara into a cat
[youtube]WjOQAu5KhEs[/youtube]

Samz 18-07-19 14:58

[QUOTE=Yeauxleaux;8111082][FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"][I]She had angry moments in Underworld as well

[youtube]Oor_3fxgh8E[/youtube]

"Lara! You really are a woman after my own hea-"
"YAAAAHHAAAHAHGH!!!"[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I love Natla looking scared and turning away in that cutscene.