Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' version) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Rai 14-11-15 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by highlander20816 (Post 7490039)
Hey where are you did I miss anything anything new what's been going on Thanks ------ MIKE Any new games?

You might want to check out the Rise of the Tomb Raider section. The game is out now, so be careful of spoilers. You really do need to browse the forum a bit :p.

Btw, we told you about it before ;).

VictorXD 14-11-15 16:00

Has anyone else ever got a bug where Lara when is gonna skin an animal (in my case it was an wolf) and instead of the normal animation, Lara uses her pickaxe? It was a one time thing that I was never able to recreate, but she crouched and used her pickaxe with both her hands. It looked pretty awesome, but I have no idea what triggered it.

And there was this one time where Lara actually had an arrow in her hand when standing still with the bow drawn, and not with the invisible arrow. I didn't pause fast enough to get a picture but it did look 10x times better.

Enya Brennan 14-11-15 18:45

I think I've tried to reproduce the Lara-with-arrow-on-the-bow idle animation multiple times. And if it's the same one you mention, I recall doing the same all the time: aim the bow, start pulling the trigger, let the aim button without releasing the arrow, she should have the bow in hands with the arrow ready.

ivaneiroX 14-11-15 20:55

You need to use rope arrow and stop aiming right after shooting it https://twitter.com/IvanJCroft/statu...32930983751680 (video)

VictorXD 14-11-15 22:07

Oooh I see, thanks! :D

I can see why Crystal decided to use the invisable arrow, that thing looks absolutaly massive :eek:

Survival 03-12-15 12:59

Just a curious observation... I replayed the game after two years and just realized something... Lara's character development pretty much ends the moment she climbs the radio tower... she becomes a strong-willed, self-confident survivor who takes no **** from anyone... the rest of the game is pretty much just about turning her into a superhero... they setup a revenge story for her by killing Roth (the rest of the characters doesn't matter at all) and give her her iconic outfit and gear.

AshesBorn 03-12-15 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Survival (Post 7502827)
Just a curious observation... I replayed the game after two years and just realized something... Lara's character development pretty much ends the moment she climbs the radio tower... she becomes a strong-willed, self-confident survivor who takes no **** from anyone... the rest of the game is pretty much just about turning her into a superhero... they setup a revenge story for her by killing Roth (the rest of the characters doesn't matter at all) and give her her iconic outfit and gear.

That's arguable. Mainly because at that point she was yet to lose Grim, Roth, and Alex, and go through two failed attempts to escape the island, both of which resulted in more deaths (two pilots and Roth). Also, she wasn't a believer either until much later in the game.
I get what you mean though.

Survival 03-12-15 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshesBorn (Post 7502836)
That's arguable. Mainly because at that point she was yet to lose Grim, Roth, and Alex, and go through two failed attempts to escape the island, both of which resulted in more deaths (two pilots and Roth). Also, she wasn't a believer either until much later in the game.
I get what you mean though.

I see the these character deaths more as a fuel for the "revenge" part of the plot as they do not really move her development anywhere. But they only work as a motivation for Lara and not the player, as these characters are just paper thin archetypes. Lara obviously cares about them and their deaths mean something to her, but only Roth's death works like that on the dramatic level. The rest is pretty much there for the body count... at least that's how I feel about them anyway.

Phlip 05-12-15 14:01

In the Definitive Edition (PS4), does anyone else have that problem where the camera goes slowly when moving the camera up or down diagonally?

TheShadowOfMe 13-12-15 18:27

I've just re-watched that first trailer for reboot.. And I'm asking myself, why they didn't put the ending of CGI as actual ending of the game?! I think it would be so much better, also she'd be the only survivor, and I think that it would change RoTTR story.