Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' version) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

SpyrosMonster 06-11-12 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipermaru (Post 6512711)
No, I'm not. TRU is garbage. I played the PC version and the PS2 one, both are crap. The only thing that the PC version is better are the graphics. And I really don't care about graphics.

AoD comes close as the second worst TR game.

Nope. Underworld is not an amazing game nor a poop game... Underworld was ok.

pipermaru 06-11-12 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6512713)
Nope. Underworld is not an amazing game nor a poop game... Underworld was ok.

For me Underworld is toxic waste.

Never want to play that crap again. And I even like Legend, is a beautiful light-hearted funny game if you ignore the storyline and the fact that the game has no flow whatsoever. But Underworld is a mess.

Tear 06-11-12 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipermaru (Post 6512715)
Never want to play that crap again. And I even like Legend, is a beautiful light-hearted funny game if you ignore the storyline and the fact that the game has no flow whatsoever. But Underworld is a mess.

Agreed.:tmb:

Valentino 06-11-12 16:26

I feel so alone :( I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the trilogy. Legend being my first game. Why did people moan about the story so much?? And moan about Laras character being all "mommy mommy wa wa wa" ?? When did Lara ever 'whine' about her mom? She never even cried when she found out her mom was alive (in Legend) and still didn't cry when she found her mother as a thrall. Thats not exactly being badass but shes not got mascara running down her face. To me the trilogy was never about her mother. That was the objective yes, but it didn't keep throwing it in your face. It was sort of a second layer. Legend was finding excalibur while still learning of the myths and all that jazz, and Underworld was finding the hammer and learning bout Thor...and all that jazz. Whats so wrong with a finding your mother story anyway? Has that even been done in a game? The story was really well told and hold many nolstalgic moments for me.

Evan C. 06-11-12 16:28

But Valentino, all her passion seemed to be originated because of the search of her mother, both to acomplish her father's goal and obviously, to close a circle. Anyway, the story was a silly try to make a hollywood reliable plot when she never need that.

CBS_TombRaider 06-11-12 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 6512762)
I feel so alone :( I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the trilogy. Legend being my first game. Why did people moan about the story so much?? And moan about Laras character being all "mommy mommy wa wa wa" ?? When did Lara ever 'whine' about her mom? She never even cried when she found out her mom was alive (in Legend) and still didn't cry when she found her mother as a thrall. Thats not exactly being badass but shes not got mascara running down her face. To me the trilogy was never about her mother. That was the objective yes, but it didn't keep throwing it in your face. It was sort of a second layer. Legend was finding excalibur while still learning of the myths and all that jazz, and Underworld was finding the hammer and learning bout Thor...and all that jazz. Whats so wrong with a finding your mother story anyway? Has that even been done in a game? The story was really well told and hold many nolstalgic moments for me.

+1 :tmb:

Before I continue, I'mma barricade myself for the incoming comments.

I feel exactly the same way. Legend was my first game as well, and I tremendously enjoyed it, as well as the following games. I don't get why there's this automatic disapproval of the games and those that like it (I feel EscondeR or someone similar breathing down my neck). Yes, the Lara Croft is most likely different from those of the Core games; it's something you have to deal with. Lower your expectations if you have to.

Although I agree, Underworld and Legend were too short :p And don't judge Underworld via PS2; that version just sucks. I'm not saying it's super spectacular on PS3 or Xbox, but the experience should be better (and much prettier)

Anyways, what was the original topic again? I'm afraid we've sort of wandered off...

LNSNHGTDS 06-11-12 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 6512762)
I feel so alone :( I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the trilogy. Legend being my first game. Why did people moan about the story so much?? And moan about Laras character being all "mommy mommy wa wa wa" ?? When did Lara ever 'whine' about her mom? She never even cried when she found out her mom was alive (in Legend) and still didn't cry when she found her mother as a thrall. Thats not exactly being badass but shes not got mascara running down her face. To me the trilogy was never about her mother. That was the objective yes, but it didn't keep throwing it in your face. It was sort of a second layer. Legend was finding excalibur while still learning of the myths and all that jazz, and Underworld was finding the hammer and learning bout Thor...and all that jazz. Whats so wrong with a finding your mother story anyway? Has that even been done in a game? The story was really well told and hold many nolstalgic moments for me.

No, I love the TRilogy too, it evidently had the best storyline (say what you want people, I don't care! ) , Legend was my first Tr and my favourite game up to date, I never realised the games were short until I joined these forums. As for Underworld I used to think it was **** but only because I had played teh PS2 version only, the PS3 version is a completely different game and now I don't hate it (just don't like it that much) .

Spong 06-11-12 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 6512762)
I feel so alone :(

For enjoying LAU? It seems only right :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 6512762)
Why did people moan about the story so much?? And moan about Laras character being all "mommy mommy wa wa wa" ?? When did Lara ever 'whine' about her mom? She never even cried when she found out her mom was alive (in Legend) and still didn't cry when she found her mother as a thrall. Thats not exactly being badass but shes not got mascara running down her face.

It's called hyperbole, a purposeful exaggeration to invoke a certain feeling. People here (including me) brand LAU Lara as whiny because, in comparison to TRs 1 to 6 Lara, she was nothing but a bag of unwanted morals and emotions. I didn't give a toss about Lara killing Larson in TR1, neither did Core, yet Crystal took it upon themselves to make that scene ridiculous with its 'looking at her hands/oh no, what-have-I-become?' rubbish :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 6512762)
To me the trilogy was never about her mother. That was the objective yes, but it didn't keep throwing it in your face.

They rewrote her bio, her search for her mother in LAU was the reason she was a tomb raider. It's why they had to reboot after Underworld, because Crystal painted themselves into a corner. Lara found her mother, ergo she no longer had a reason to raid tombs any more. So, in that respect, every aspect of Crystal's Lara was hinged on her mother (and her father when he disappeared).

klona 06-11-12 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6512798)
They rewrote her bio, her search for her mother in LAU was the reason she was a tomb raider. It's why they had to reboot after Underworld, because Crystal painted themselves into a corner. Lara found her mother, ergo she no longer had a reason to raid tombs any more. So, in that respect, every aspect of Crystal's Lara was hinged on her mother (and her father when he disappeared).

wat.

Now I know why the reboot was needed.

Phlip 06-11-12 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 6512762)
I feel so alone :( I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the trilogy. Legend being my first game. Why did people moan about the story so much?? And moan about Laras character being all "mommy mommy wa wa wa" ?? When did Lara ever 'whine' about her mom? She never even cried when she found out her mom was alive (in Legend) and still didn't cry when she found her mother as a thrall. Thats not exactly being badass but shes not got mascara running down her face. To me the trilogy was never about her mother. That was the objective yes, but it didn't keep throwing it in your face. It was sort of a second layer. Legend was finding excalibur while still learning of the myths and all that jazz, and Underworld was finding the hammer and learning bout Thor...and all that jazz. Whats so wrong with a finding your mother story anyway? Has that even been done in a game? The story was really well told and hold many nolstalgic moments for me.

Good for you if you like the games. :tmb: Seriously, that's cool, but for me personally I'm bitter that they changed the biography, look and personality of a cool game character I kinda grew up with. I miss the old badass Lara, man, who only raided tombs because it was fun and her sport, like. LAU Lara only went to these tombs for her mother's search.

Spong 06-11-12 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 6512801)
wat.

Now I know why the reboot was needed.

It certainly wasn't a case of "I only play for sport", like it was in TR1. The only reason she helped Natla in Anni was because Lara was looking for her mother.

The1andOnlyTR 06-11-12 17:27

Having played every one, I can honestly - and whole heartedly - say that I have never disliked a Tomb Raider game... I've always found them entertaining and enchanting. Even LAU. And I'm not ashamed in the least.
People complain about them without prevail.
There's nothing you can do or say to change them, so why bring them down and bring the fans of them down? :o :(

tomekkobialka 06-11-12 17:32

@Spong - My respect-o-meter towards TR has just dropped dangerously close to your avatar. :o

But seriously, it has just made me realise the severity of the situation. >___>

Valentino 06-11-12 17:45

I can feel and understand peoples anguish over Laras character change in Legend from AOD. AOD being the only Core game I've played. I had it before Legend came out but never continued playing after the first paris level. I then some how played it all after Underworld came out and really really liked the Lara. Was AOD Lara what she was like in all the CORE games?? Its to late for me to play the ps1 games. I will never enjoy them. The only reason Core fans still enjoy them is because of the nolstalgia wich makes it more fun for them. But I just can't play them because i'm so used to the current gen of games. I got Bioshock the other day and didn't finish it all because it came out in 2008 and I didn't like the gameplay and graphics, even for a ps3 game. (I'm still going to get Bioshock Infinit because its up to date with graphics and gameplay). But I can still play LAU. Because the Nolstalgia is there

The1andOnlyTR 06-11-12 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6512798)
They rewrote her bio, her search for her mother in LAU was the reason she was a tomb raider.

That's completely false.
They did rewrite her bio.
But searching for her mother was NOT the reason she was a Tomb Raider.
If you remember correctly, she became a Tomb Raider in Anniversary and her mother had nothing to do with it. She wanted to finish a search that she and her father embarked on before his death.
Maybe her fathers intentions were finding Amelia, but Lara didn't believe she could be found. She even states that she pitied him for thinking she was alive.
Lara's search for her mother didn't even begin until the end of Legend.
Before that she was searching for the Excalibur to see if she could activate the looking glass. Not so that she could travel to Avalon. She thought the looking glass killed her mother. Only when Amanda told her she went to Avalon did she realize that maybe she wasn't actually dead.
Also, her love for archeology started in school, well before she even began searching for her mother.

You tend to see the worst in ever single situation, Spong. It's disheartening. :(

pipermaru 06-11-12 18:03

I hate LAU storyline and there's nothing to do with Lara's personality. I think Crystal tried soooo hard to make a dramatic story full of explosions that could easily be an ordinary action movie script but without good actors and a good editor.

Legend is pretty even though it's not 'classic tomb raiding', but the story is so confuse. There are a lot of stuff happening all the time, you don't even think about it. First you are in Bolivia and there are mercenaries everywhere and then there's something to do with Excalibur and then Lara is on Peru and have a flashback about an old friend who disappeared inside a tomb then she is in a building in Japan shooting everything that moves and it goes. Amanda and Rutland appears out of nowhere in some situations, you don't even know what they are doing there.

There's no solid connection in the plot, everything is random. The same thing applies to Underworld.

In the classics the storyline was crap too, but at least it wasn't over the top with fireworks and 90% of it happened in-game, when you had full control. Also, the levels were much bigger, you really had the feeling to be progressing. In Legend and Underworld everything is easy because you run 10 meters, grab some ledges, make some fancy moves and then the level is over.

The1andOnlyTR 06-11-12 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipermaru (Post 6512888)
I hate LAU storyline and there's nothing to do with Lara's personality. I think Crystal tried soooo hard to make a dramatic story full of explosions that could easily be an ordinary action movie script but without good actors and a good editor.

Legend is pretty even though it's not 'classic tomb raiding', but the story is so confuse. There are a lot of stuff happening all the time, you don't even think about it. First you are in Bolivia and there are mercenaries everywhere and then there's something to do with Excalibur and then Lara is on Peru and have a flashback about an old friend who disappeared inside a tomb then she is in a building in Japan shooting everything that moves and it goes. Amanda and Rutland appears out of nowhere in some situations, you don't even know what they are doing there.

There's no solid connection in the plot, everything is random. The same thing applies to Underworld.

In the classics the storyline was crap too, but at least it wasn't over the top with fireworks and 90% of it happened in-game, when you had full control. Also, the levels were much bigger, you really had the feeling to be progressing. In Legend and Underworld everything is easy because you run 10 meters, grab some ledges, make some fancy moves and then the level is over.

I followed every story extremely well, thank you.
You can't criticize a whole story just because you didn't understand it.. :rolleyes:

LNSNHGTDS 06-11-12 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipermaru (Post 6512888)
I hate LAU storyline and there's nothing to do with Lara's personality. I think Crystal tried soooo hard to make a dramatic story full of explosions that could easily be an ordinary action movie script but without good actors and a good editor.

:yik:

Keeley Hawes, Kath Soucie and Grey DeLisle would like to have a word with you :smk: !


And as for not being able to follow the story that's your own problem really, it was pretty simple, in fact it was on the verge of a cheesy American action movie plot, only good, can't make it any more simple than that!

CBS_TombRaider 06-11-12 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6512902)
:yik:

Keeley Hawes, Kath Soucie and Grey DeLisle would like to have a word with you :smk: !


And as for not being able to follow the story that's your own problem really, it was pretty simple, in fact it was on the verge of a cheesy American action movie plot, only good, can't make it any more simple than that!

Indeed.

Besides, it's not like the classics had that great voice acting/dialogue :rolleyes: I'm excluding AOD, because I thought it was fairly okay in there.

LNSNHGTDS 06-11-12 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBS_TombRaider (Post 6512908)
Indeed.

Besides, it's not like the classics had that great voice acting/dialogue :rolleyes: I'm excluding AOD, because I thought it was fairly okay in there.

Exactly! They were pretty much meant to be this way actually, and I was fine with it.

pipermaru 06-11-12 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1andOnlyTR (Post 6512897)
I followed every story extremely well, thank you.
You can't criticize a whole story just because you didn't understand it.. :rolleyes:

I didn't say the story was complex and 'hard to follow'. I did understand (everybody here did), but the way it was executed was crappy. Yes, I followed the whole drama extremely well, thank you, but everything was random and glued together just for the sake of. They could've worked so much better in every single level to make the story flow.. But well, bad for them. At least now they're rebooting the story and looks promising.

SpyrosMonster 06-11-12 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipermaru (Post 6512888)
I hate LAU storyline and there's nothing to do with Lara's personality. I think Crystal tried soooo hard to make a dramatic story full of explosions that could easily be an ordinary action movie script but without good actors and a good editor.

Legend is pretty even though it's not 'classic tomb raiding', but the story is so confuse. There are a lot of stuff happening all the time, you don't even think about it. First you are in Bolivia and there are mercenaries everywhere and then there's something to do with Excalibur and then Lara is on Peru and have a flashback about an old friend who disappeared inside a tomb then she is in a building in Japan shooting everything that moves and it goes. Amanda and Rutland appears out of nowhere in some situations, you don't even know what they are doing there.

There's no solid connection in the plot, everything is random. The same thing applies to Underworld.

In the classics the storyline was crap too, but at least it wasn't over the top with fireworks and 90% of it happened in-game, when you had full control. Also, the levels were much bigger, you really had the feeling to be progressing. In Legend and Underworld everything is easy because you run 10 meters, grab some ledges, make some fancy moves and then the level is over.

You really need to stop being so negative about everything.

just*raidin*tomb 06-11-12 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 6512861)
I can feel and understand peoples anguish over Laras character change in Legend from AOD. AOD being the only Core game I've played. I had it before Legend came out but never continued playing after the first paris level. I then some how played it all after Underworld came out and really really liked the Lara. Was AOD Lara what she was like in all the CORE games?? Its to late for me to play the ps1 games. I will never enjoy them. The only reason Core fans still enjoy them is because of the nolstalgia wich makes it more fun for them. But I just can't play them because i'm so used to the current gen of games. I got Bioshock the other day and didn't finish it all because it came out in 2008 and I didn't like the gameplay and graphics, even for a ps3 game. (I'm still going to get Bioshock Infinit because its up to date with graphics and gameplay). But I can still play LAU. Because the Nolstalgia is there

AOD is really a more interesting character than her previous counterparts in my opinion. She definitely seems more human. The previous games she was just a smartass. :p

And its really a shame that you don't play older games just because of the graphics. :/ Especially Bioshock...what? That game still has some of the best graphics to date. And it's probably the most captivating game of this generation. There are still some older TR games I haven't finished, but I will play them. Not because of nostalgia, but because they're genuinely fun and challenging. But there is seriously nothing dated about Bioshock. You're confusing. :p

pipermaru 06-11-12 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6512912)
You really need to stop being so negative about everything.

You people need to deal with negative opinions.

It's not like everything is wonderful and I have to accept everything. I see good things in Legend, Anniversary and I love the Reboot so far, but there's no reason why I shouldn't talk about the bad stuff :)

The1andOnlyTR 06-11-12 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipermaru (Post 6512918)
You people need to deal with negative opinions.

It's not like everything is wonderful and I have to accept everything. I see good things in Legend, Anniversary and I love the Reboot so far, but there's no reason why I shouldn't talk about the bad stuff :)

You shouldn't talk about the bad stuff, just to talk about the bad stuff. It's called being pessimistic. :pi:

And there's a difference between having your own opinion and forcing it down the throats of others.

CBS_TombRaider 06-11-12 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipermaru (Post 6512918)
You people need to deal with negative opinions.

It's not like everything is wonderful and I have to accept everything. I see good things in Legend, Anniversary and I love the Reboot so far, but there's no reason why I shouldn't talk about the bad stuff :)

I hate it when negative people use logic :p Fair enough, I suppose.

It's a shame though. Cause everything seems to be wonderful for us, but not for you. Oh, that's not a jab by the way. A genuine observation. Does that make us easy to please or you difficult to please? The world may never know :p

pipermaru 06-11-12 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1andOnlyTR (Post 6512924)
You shouldn't talk about the bad stuff, just to talk about the bad stuff. It's called being pessimistic. :pi:

And there's a difference between having your own opinion and forcing it down the throats of others.

I'm not forcing my opinion down the throats of nobody here. I'm just saying the game sucks and it's bad for me. Do I need to say 'IMO' before every sentence? There are people who love AoD, Underworld, Tomb Raider 2 and wow there are people in the world who HATES the Tomb Raider Franchise.

I like to talk about bad stuff, especially when they are extremely obvious :P Yeah, if it makes me a pessimist, I'm ok with it.

just*raidin*tomb 06-11-12 18:25

There is nothing confusing about Legend's storyline. It makes complete sense to me, and it's not terribly written either. The only qualms I have with it is that Lara's motivation comes from her search for her mother, which I really don't like. I mean there was nowhere to take her after she found her. There was no longer that motivation. They essentially "killed" her character off so that they could begin anew. :p Which I am perfectly okay with.

I dig Lara's character in Legend, but it is so bleh in Anniversary and Underworld.

leglion 06-11-12 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6512927)
There is nothing confusing about Legend's storyline. It makes complete sense to me, and it's not terribly written either. The only qualms I have with it is that Lara's motivation comes from her search for her mother, which I really don't like. I mean there was nowhere to take her after she found her. There was no longer that motivation. They essentially "killed" her character off so that they could begin anew. :p

I think the problem is when she says "this is what it's always been about."

Between you and me, i think CD only put that in there because they knew they wanted to do a reboot. :pi:

SpyrosMonster 06-11-12 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipermaru (Post 6512918)
You people need to deal with negative opinions.

It's not like everything is wonderful and I have to accept everything. I see good things in Legend, Anniversary and I love the Reboot so far, but there's no reason why I shouldn't talk about the bad stuff :)

I deal with negative opinions EVERYDAY in my life.

But you're not just being pessimistic and negative you are doing something completely different. It's like you really want everyone to think what you are thinking...

CBS_TombRaider 06-11-12 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6512927)
There is nothing confusing about Legend's storyline. It makes complete sense to me, and it's not terribly written either. The only qualms I have with it is that Lara's motivation comes from her search for her mother, which I really don't like. I mean there was nowhere to take her after she found her. There was no longer that motivation. They essentially "killed" her character off so that they could begin anew. :p

I've been pointed out plotholes and logical fallacies in Crystal Dynamics' Tomb Raiders, but that actually didn't ruin my enjoyment of the game. You're right though. After we found out what happened to Amelia, I suppose Lara didn't really have a life goal anymore. Though she obviously raided before, given that there's those stories about her in Legend (they were references to Core's TRs, right?) :B

Quote:

I dig Lara's character in Legend, but it is so bleh in Anniversary and Underworld.
I found her to be very entertaining in Legend. "You can't blame me for knowing how to accessorise" :p

pipermaru 06-11-12 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6512931)
But you're not just being pessimistic and negative you are doing something completely different. It's like you really want everyone to think what you are thinking...

Well, I don't want anything from people I barely know haha just to have a dialogue. It's a forum, duh. If you don't agree with me, why not explain your point of view and try to understand mine? Why when I criticize the way that the storlyine was executed in LAU people came with 'you didn't understand it was your fault'? Come on. There are good things in Underworld even though I think it sucks, why not discuss them too?

I don't want to change anybody's mind here :)

The1andOnlyTR 06-11-12 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipermaru (Post 6512926)
Yeah, if it makes me a pessimist, I'm ok with it.

It's just super annoying at this point. :p

SpyrosMonster 06-11-12 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipermaru (Post 6512943)
Well, I don't want anything from people I barely know haha just to have a dialogue. It's a forum, duh. If you don't agree with me, why not explain your point of view and try to understand mine? Why when I criticize the way that the storlyine was executed in LAU people came with 'you didn't understand it was your fault'? Come on. There are good things in Underworld even though I think it sucks, why not discuss them too?

I don't want to change anybody's mind here :)

Well ok. Wutevur... WHERE IS LARAFAN25?

pipermaru 06-11-12 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1andOnlyTR (Post 6512951)
It's just super annoying at this point. :p

Oh, sorry. Didn't want to annoy you. Forgive me.

Let's talk about the gorgeous box art of the Reboot instead.

SpyrosMonster 06-11-12 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipermaru (Post 6512961)
Oh, sorry. Didn't want to annoy you. Forgive me.

Let's talk about the gorgeous box art of the Reboot instead.

IKR? It's FLAWLESS!!! AMAZING!

CBS_TombRaider 06-11-12 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipermaru (Post 6512961)
Oh, sorry. Didn't want to annoy you. Forgive me.

Let's talk about the gorgeous box art of the Reboot instead.

We've milked that for all it's worth, I'm sure :p

I'm kind of liking the design changes in there, so I'm hoping they'll carry over to the final game. I like consistency. I also want to see new videos featuring her hair :cln: (cause explorations tombs are, like, so boring and unnecessary) => if you do not see the sarcasm in this, you are stupid lol

tampi 06-11-12 18:49

I come to browse the official Tomb Raider blog. There are some pictures of Paris Games Week 2012 with some cosplays. Don't you think there are every day more and more cosplays of Lara? I had never seen before so many! It seems that there are more girls who identify themselves with this more realistic Lara. A few days ago I think about this. I am amazed. Maybe someone with more experience on board could confirm.
I think this is an inexplicable success.

LNSNHGTDS 06-11-12 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampi (Post 6512974)
I come to browse the official Tomb Raider blog. There are some pictures of Paris Games Week 2012 with some cosplays. Don't you think there are every day more and more cosplays of Lara? I had never seen before so many! It seems that there are more girls who identify themselves with this more realistic Lara. A few days ago I think about this. I am amazed. Maybe someone with more experience on board could confirm.

Yes I love that... but I also hate how some random, ugly whore/strippers/something-like-that dress (more like undress) as Lara too -_- ...

Spong 06-11-12 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1andOnlyTR (Post 6512870)
That's completely false.
They did rewrite her bio.
But searching for her mother was NOT the reason she was a Tomb Raider.
If you remember correctly, she became a Tomb Raider in Anniversary and her mother had nothing to do with it. She wanted to finish a search that she and her father embarked on before his death.
Maybe her fathers intentions were finding Amelia, but Lara didn't believe she could be found. She even states that she pitied him for thinking she was alive.
Lara's search for her mother didn't even begin until the end of Legend.
Before that she was searching for the Excalibur to see if she could activate the looking glass. Not so that she could travel to Avalon. She thought the looking glass killed her mother. Only when Amanda told her she went to Avalon did she realize that maybe she wasn't actually dead.
Also, her love for archeology started in school, well before she even began searching for her mother.

All very eloquent, but the long & short of it is that, according to Crystal lore, Lara did what she did because she was searching for the truth of what happened to Amelia. Whether she was alive or dead, in our world or some mythological heaven or hell, Lara wanted to know what happened. That's all LAU is about. With Anni, they scrubbed away the original TR1 idea that Lara was only in it for the fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1andOnlyTR (Post 6512870)
You tend to see the worst in ever single situation, Spong. It's disheartening. :(

It's not my fault the truth is rubbish.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:44.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Tomb Raider Forums is not owned or operated by CDE Entertainment Ltd.
Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are trademarks of CDE Entertainment Ltd.