Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' version) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

TheRCroft 19-03-13 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei (Post 6711790)
SweetFX does the job :tmb: it's actually amazing.

Yeah, I installed that but I can't find the game exe file :/ Does anyone know where I can find it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 6711759)
I don't know how they did it, but I can adjust the contrast of my computer screen to make the game look more vibrant.

I actually didn't think about that, might try that out if SweetFX doesn't work.

mizuno_suisei 19-03-13 02:28

Put the SweetFX preset and DLL files in Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Tomb Raider/

I'm PRETTY SURE that's the directory i might be missing a folder within steam though...the Tomb Raider.exe is in that directory :tmb: It loads automatically too when you begin the game, press F12 to toggle it off and on. It looks so much more colourful!

Girafarig32 19-03-13 02:34

It's kind of embarrassing. I was stumped in the Hall of Ascension for like, over 30 minutes :p

motoleo 19-03-13 03:00

Every time I hear thunder, I'll think it's Himiko.

jeffrey van oort 19-03-13 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6711846)
Every time I hear thunder, I'll think it's Himiko.

lol. It's a fictional character. =p
You didn't think Natla was real, did you? (Yes I just said was Ladies & Gentlemen.)

mizuno_suisei 19-03-13 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girafarig32 (Post 6711826)
It's kind of embarrassing. I was stumped in the Hall of Ascension for like, over 30 minutes :p

I think I was too :vlol:Well atleast I think it was the same tomb...a few of them completely baffled me!

JayB18 19-03-13 03:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei (Post 6711790)
SweetFX does the job :tmb: it's actually amazing.

I played around with sweetfx for a bit but ultimately decided it was an eyesore after about 30 minutes. The sharpness is set WAY too high. Even using the minimum sharpness value causes some artifacting to occur. I can't stand artificial edge enhancement at all so it may not bother you as much. Contrast curves and Hdr cause black crush. HDR causes too much bloom as well. The color boosting again looks completely unnatural. Basically it looks like someone turns your TV to vivid mode with all the crappy artificial edge enhancers, contrast enhancers, and color enhancers which mess with the original image. I prefer the original unaltered image.

mizuno_suisei 19-03-13 04:00

Yours sounds completely different to mine..it's probably different preset usage. There is a Tomb Raider preset on the Guru3d forums which i'm using. Might want to go for that one :tmb:

Yeah, I lke the dark/grey theme to the game but it's nice to see some colour!

Shark_Blade 19-03-13 04:43

Hoo.. boy. Just saw the new TR nude patch. :vlol:

lcroft_lc 19-03-13 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heckler (Post 6711355)
I'm still not bored after 100% completion... Been shooting these buggers like a sadistic person...

All salvaged up and nowhere to go....

[IMG]http://i48.************/lv0g3.jpg[/IMG]

lol at those gigantic salvage figure! :vlol:

WolfBoy1985 19-03-13 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6711892)
Hoo.. boy. Just saw the new TR nude patch. :vlol:

Omg lol! where?

mizuno_suisei 19-03-13 07:05

Does anyone know the purpose of the Tree with rope wrapped around it in the first half of Coastal Forrest? When I finished the game, I went back there because I remembered that tree and now I can shoot it with rope-arrows...but it can't be pulled down, and I couldn't find any wooden posts to create a zipline with...no mention in any walkthrough either. Any ideas? Maybe it's used to access another area? no clue!

Uzi master 19-03-13 07:08

Another DLC area perhaps.

Shark_Blade 19-03-13 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfBoy1985 (Post 6711969)
Omg lol! where?

It's there... on the net. :p

Jami393 19-03-13 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6711892)
Hoo.. boy. Just saw the new TR nude patch. :vlol:

Well it was bound to happen with this new TR game.

Lukass 19-03-13 07:27

I'm shocked that the pendat that comes with the Limited Edition guide has its own physics. It does move!

Shark_Blade 19-03-13 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6711988)
I'm shocked that the pendat that comes with the Limited Edition guide has its own physics. It does move!

Of course it moves. Everything in this real world has physics.

Or am I missing something here? :confused:

Lukass 19-03-13 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6711992)
Of course it moves. Everything in this real world has physics.

Or am I missing something here? :confused:

Lara's pendant doesn't move in the game at all except one cutscene ;)

Shark_Blade 19-03-13 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6711997)
Lara's pendant doesn't move in the game at all except one cutscene ;)

That's the joke that I missed apparently. D'oh. :p

CBS_TombRaider 19-03-13 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei (Post 6711981)
Does anyone know the purpose of the Tree with rope wrapped around it in the first half of Coastal Forrest? When I finished the game, I went back there because I remembered that tree and now I can shoot it with rope-arrows...but it can't be pulled down, and I couldn't find any wooden posts to create a zipline with...no mention in any walkthrough either. Any ideas? Maybe it's used to access another area? no clue!

The wooden post is on the highest point of Coastal Forest. You know where Lara gets her bow from the dead dude? If you stand with your back to the waterfall, you'll see there's a path up to the right, which goes up and leads to some arrows and a GPS cache; that's where the post for the rope arrow is :p It's pretty useless.

mizuno_suisei 19-03-13 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBS_TombRaider (Post 6712015)
The wooden post is on the highest point of Coastal Forest. You know where Lara gets her bow from the dead dude? If you stand with your back to the waterfall, you'll see there's a path up to the right, which goes up and leads to some arrows and a GPS cache; that's where the post for the rope arrow is :p It's pretty useless.

I'm actually the biggest douche.....I'm not even playing the game and I can picture exactly where you're referring to...Thankyou *sigh* :vlol:

CBS_TombRaider 19-03-13 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei (Post 6712016)
I'm actually the biggest douche.....I'm not even playing the game and I can picture exactly where you're referring to...Thankyou *sigh* :vlol:

I'm the same lol I literally know the game by heart I think :p

Only TR lover 19-03-13 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6711988)
I'm shocked that the pendat that comes with the Limited Edition guide has its own physics. It does move!

:vlol: :vlol: :tmb:

lcroft_lc 19-03-13 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6711988)
I'm shocked that the pendat that comes with the Limited Edition guide has its own physics. It does move!

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

Heckler 19-03-13 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRCroft (Post 6711754)
The colours of the game look so much better on that screen :eek: How did you do that?

Sweetfx... :D

Valentino 19-03-13 17:24

So the pendant had no purpose. It also had no physics. Not bothered but still, we were told it would.

Storm07 19-03-13 17:44

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...37744085_n.jpg

Just received The Art of Survival in the mail today guys. It's so awesome and huge! :cln: The paper is of great quality and the art is beautiful :)

Jami393 19-03-13 18:10

Just so happen to come across my first glitch in the game. Lara climbed through a wall, then fell out of the map, but luckily it killed her and put me back.

The1andOnlyTR 19-03-13 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1andOnlyTR (Post 6699800)
Did they choose winners for the Scavenger Hunt?!
They don't ever answer my tweets about it.. Haha.

Seriously though. Anyone?

Mr Tomb 19-03-13 18:22

I finished the game like two weeks ago and haven't played it until now, have to find those documents :p I feel bad 'cause I'm so lazy I find them with that cheap survival instinct

TheRCroft 19-03-13 18:25

Does anybody know if there's a site where I can find savefiles for this game? I overwrote one yesterday by mistake and it was the one I finished the game with :o

LNSNHGTDS 19-03-13 19:32



Oh my gosh, now I ship them even moar :') !!!

Richard_Croft 19-03-13 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRCroft (Post 6712475)
Does anybody know if there's a site where I can find savefiles for this game? I overwrote one yesterday by mistake and it was the one I finished the game with :o

Check Stella's site ;)

TippingWater 19-03-13 22:11

COCO?

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps489e30d4.jpg


Team Coco? http://teamcoco.com/

Vinkula 19-03-13 22:14

^ Lol no, it's one of the stranded dudes children, it seems :p

I think Coco was sacrificed and the boy became a scavenger or they all died when the tried to leave (if they tried).

The thing which make me feel a bit sad was the photo were there was a text on the back; "Yes I will marry you!" ;___; <3

MyRaider4Life 19-03-13 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm07 (Post 6712430)
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/482144_630111747016019_1237744085_n.jpg

Just received The Art of Survival in the mail today guys. It's so awesome and huge! :cln: The paper is of great quality and the art is beautiful :)

Mine still hasn't shipped. ;___;

motoleo 19-03-13 22:45

[IMG]http://i50.************/wk05mq.jpg[/IMG]

I didn't know you could get games out of red boxes.

[Xmas] 19-03-13 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinkula (Post 6712777)
^ Lol no, it's one of the stranded dudes children, it seems :p

I think Coco was sacrificed and the boy became a scavenger or they all died when the tried to leave (if they tried).

The thing which make me feel a bit sad was the photo were there was a text on the back; "Yes I will marry you!" ;___; <3

Oh wow, that sounds tragic :( I love how CD pay attention to tiny details like that.

Vinkula 19-03-13 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Xmas] (Post 6712799)
Oh wow, that sounds tragic :( I love how CD pay attention to tiny details like that.

Yes, that's true. CD's amazing <3 Even Lara said that "the island has taken so many lives" :(

Gamd1011 20-03-13 00:10

Lara should totally get tattoos to cover her scars:
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...01573037_n.jpg

Maybe not sleeves, but I think it would be cool for her to have tattoos.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Tomb Raider Forums is not owned or operated by CDE Entertainment Ltd.
Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are trademarks of CDE Entertainment Ltd.