www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Create a Classic Competition 2019 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223038)

Sabatu 05-07-19 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoreRaider (Post 8107115)
I love those screens sampiza! The night time is so on point on that outside area :D
The other screen needs some work with the lighting which looks a bit flat on the ceiling imo, but other than that good job :)

Meanwhile I've used ChocolateFan FLEP patch for dark reflections, I'm in love with that :D
https://streamable.com/ie55m

What? I am using it since it was released :)
Sadly no water reflection above the water surface and your water should be more bright :) and the last thing is that I found out that for the better color you should use colorless ambient light ( 32 32 32) and then use colored lights. because if you use for example 0 32 32 ( turquoise ) and then brighter light you will end up with ugly turquoise water caustic:). But overall, I love this water you created

klona 05-07-19 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampiza (Post 8107077)
Thx, so it just needs to feel "classic", i asked just to be sure about this.

I'm already testing some stuff :D

[]https://i.imgur.com/hVfBmEO.jpg[/img]

[]https://i.imgur.com/QcImz97.jpg[/img]

I feel like a high quality model kinda takes away from the "classic" feeling. :ponder:

idk if it's just me...

Sabatu 06-07-19 03:48

My entry to this competition
 
Well, I was a little busy this morning. I made some progress in my entry for Create a Classic Competition by AgentXP. You need to make one level that is made only with TR1 - 5 objects, sounds and textures. As you can imagine I am a heavy fan of Tomb Raider I so my entry is inspired by Natla's Mines and Atlantis. This level will be called the Atlantean Kingdom and there is time-lapse video. Making of Big Lava Cave with crane holding small industrial building above lava pool... It took me one hour to make this and I speed up it to 8 minutes :) If you are a fan of old Tomb Raider you should enjoy it. And because I am making TR1 alike level, you can see my geometry is not so detailed. Simple as TR1 :)

https://youtu.be/99FuMiYrmhg

SrDanielPonces 06-07-19 12:41

The rules don't seem to mention new interactable objects (with new animations)... Is that allowed?

sampiza 06-07-19 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 8107163)
I feel like a high quality model kinda takes away from the "classic" feeling. :ponder:

idk if it's just me...

I'm using this one https://www.trsearch.org/item/2079, i just don't really like the TR4 original outfit :p but who knows, i might use it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabatu (Post 8107227)
Well, I was a little busy this morning. I made some progress in my entry for Create a Classic Competition by AgentXP. You need to make one level that is made only with TR1 - 5 objects, sounds and textures. As you can imagine I am a heavy fan of Tomb Raider I so my entry is inspired by Natla's Mines and Atlantis. This level will be called the Atlantean Kingdom and there is time-lapse video. Making of Big Lava Cave with crane holding small industrial building above lava pool... It took me one hour to make this and I speed up it to 8 minutes :) If you are a fan of old Tomb Raider you should enjoy it. And because I am making TR1 alike level, you can see my geometry is not so detailed. Simple as TR1 :)

https://youtu.be/99FuMiYrmhg

You build really fast! Looks great so far.

LoreRaider 06-07-19 14:20

^I have once mixed some outfits together and made this one for my old CaC level, maybe you could use this one :)
https://www.trsearch.org/item/4596

AgentXP 06-07-19 17:25

Rules permit the use of any outfit, and I'd personally say that most of Po Yu's are not overly HD, so imho the one you are using is fine sampiza. It's up to each builder which they want to use :) Or you could do what I did with Amen Ra and have a choice of both...

EDIT: SrDanielPonces Someone was asking about the use of the TR5 slingshot as a weapon, and I said that was ok, so I'd say use your discretion. If it's e.g. a new puzzle hole and it fits with the classic theme of your level in your opinion, you can use it as part of your new object allowance.

As for actual Lara moves, the guidelines are to include moves from TR5 or the faster shimmy/climb up.

sampiza 06-07-19 18:09

^ Yeah, it's not too hd for me as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoreRaider (Post 8107281)
^I have once mixed some outfits together and made this one for my old CaC level, maybe you could use this one :)
https://www.trsearch.org/item/4596

Looks good, i'll test it. :)

disapearing-boy 06-07-19 18:20

Since there's so much debate about what's allowed to be classic or not classic - maybe have a review category on "classicness" - allow the reviewers to decide - there could be points awarded or deducted - you'd be at the mercy of others but I think it could work.:p

TOMBR6 06-07-19 20:31

Wow!!! Finally!!! I Wish success to all participants!!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.