Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

jhs270694 12-03-12 22:32

[QUOTE=Stevo505;6033752]Just about. There's nothing to talk about. Nothing.[/QUOTE]
im with you on this one, this section of the forums doesn't have much use left until we have something TR'ish to talk about, we're just passing time right?

Lukass 12-03-12 22:34

I guess we'll have a lot of stuff to discuss on Friday. We're getting the clearest answers Karl ever said. :pi: So we'll be discussing as hell. :eek:

Spong 12-03-12 22:35

^Friday? What's happening on Friday?

[QUOTE=jhs270694;6033756]im with you on this one, this section of the forums doesn't have much use left until we have something TR'ish to talk about, we're just passing time right?[/QUOTE]

So why not pass that time in the [I]actual[/I] OC instead of spamming this thread?

Lara.

^I said that just to be relevant :p

Stevo505 12-03-12 22:35

[QUOTE=Lukass;6033760]I guess we'll have a lot of stuff to discuss on Friday. We're getting the clearest answers Karl ever said. :pi: So we'll be discussing as hell. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Wait Friday? What's happening Friday??

jhs270694 12-03-12 22:35

*gets notepad and pen ready, puts glasses on and stares at karl intercepting his every move*

jhs270694 12-03-12 22:36

[QUOTE=Spong;6033764]^Friday? What's happening on Friday?

So why not pass that time in the [I]actual[/I] OC instead of spamming this thread?

Lara.

^I said that just to be relevant :p[/QUOTE]

they're not as interesting to chat to than you guys. im acquainted to listening to you lot. Honest! Plus i use other forums for general chat :), i use this specifically for TR but yeah, i start to talk about irrelevance stuff i shouldn't to be honest. :)

OMG sorry this is my second double post today

Lukass 12-03-12 22:37

We should get the Q&A session answers and podcast on Friday. Both should include 5 answers.

Stevo505 12-03-12 22:38

[QUOTE=Lukass;6033777]We should get the Q&A session answers and podcast on Friday. Both should include 5 answers.[/QUOTE]

I always look forward to the podcasts even if they don't have much info in them... it's just a nice reminder that Tomb Raider still exists -.- lol

Spong 12-03-12 22:38

[QUOTE=Lukass;6033777]We should get the Q&A session answers and podcast on Friday. Both should include 5 answers.[/QUOTE]

The Q&A stuff will be (mildly) good. The podcast will be a load of arse, like all the other podcasts.

just*raidin*tomb 12-03-12 22:38

Not even the hair and boobs?

Lukass 12-03-12 22:39

[QUOTE=Spong;6033780][b]The Q&A stuff will be (mildly) good[/b]. The podcast will be a load of arse, like all the other podcasts.[/QUOTE]

That depends on what questions they'll pick up (unfortunately) :/

Spong 12-03-12 22:39

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;6033781]Not even the hair and boobs?[/QUOTE]

And the winner of Most Random Post Of The Day goes to... :p

[QUOTE=Lukass;6033787]That depends on what questions they'll pick up (unfortunately) :/[/QUOTE]

I bet they'll avoid answering them properly.

Linoshi Croft 12-03-12 22:40

[QUOTE=Lukass;6033777]We should get the Q&A session answers and podcast on Friday. Both should include[B] 5 answers[/B][/QUOTE]

to things we already know..

I'm not getting my hopes up.

jhs270694 12-03-12 22:41

[QUOTE=Spong;6033788]And the winner of Most Random Post Of The Day goes to... :p

I bet they'll avoid answering them properly.[/QUOTE]
Agreed about the Q&A, i was ranting about them before. BTW your previous post was your first reply to me, it took you that long to realise i was here? :(

Jk

just*raidin*tomb 12-03-12 22:42

[QUOTE=Spong;6033788]And the winner of Most Random Post Of The Day goes to... :p

[/QUOTE]

Okay you all posted at the same time or something. wtf.

I was making a joke and you all ruined it. :mad:

Spong 12-03-12 22:43

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;6033796]Okay you all posted at the same time or something. wtf.

I was making a joke and you all ruined it. :mad:[/QUOTE]

LOL, you gotta be quick round these parts. Even when people are bored they still spam like it's going out of fashion :vlol:

jhs270694 12-03-12 22:45

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;6033796]Okay you all posted at the same time or something. wtf.

I was making a joke and you all ruined it. :mad:[/QUOTE]
Sorry :(

Adrenaline 12-03-12 22:45

[QUOTE=Lukass;6033748]I remember Lara staying on the roof of some really high building and the island was incredibly huge!!![/QUOTE]

Aw. Sounds like fun.

so yah i tink dat if we just tlk bout somting intrestin rite now we wil b f1ne.

How about....
Lara's taste of music / personality.
In the trailer she was listening to like some techno beat thing,. And it was confirmed it was something the studio quickly made up for the trailer. I bet Lara's a remix/rock person ;) I'd love something funny like a CGI clip of Lara singing heavy metal and messing around in her room with pillows pretending to be a drummer and stuff that would be hilarious XD.

Lukass 12-03-12 22:45

They'll pick up questions that aren't focused on the game itself too much. Honestly, I was pissed off when I was reading some of the questions. Some idiot asked what made them to decide to make this reboot, how hard was to decide how Lara will look like...or something like it. This is exactly the type of question they love and need :/

just*raidin*tomb 12-03-12 22:46

[QUOTE=Spong;6033800]LOL, you gotta be quick round these parts. Even when people are bored they still spam like it's going out of fashion :vlol:[/QUOTE]

Totes Mcgoats.

amiro1989 12-03-12 22:48

My guess:

[QUOTE][B]When are we going to receive new information?[/B]
Well that's a tough one to answer, you guys just gotta wait cuz you know, it'll come SOONER than you think.

[B]What about that new character you were talking about, what can we expect about him?[/B]
That character is in fact playing a key role in the scenario of this game. We're not ready just yet to talk about new characters, but SOON you'll see how important they are.

[B]Is Lara going to be using her iPhone during the game?[/B]
We really wanted her character to be an integral part of modernity, and we wanted her to be able to express herself & live in a familiar world as the player. Unfortunately, it is way too EARLY, to talk about this. We'll talk about this really SOON though, so no worries bitches.

[B]What about that gameplay trailer you guys promised us? Wasn't it supposed to be released at the beginning of 2012?[/B]

You are totally right about this one. Unfortunately, the reality of the video game industry is a tad different, from you guys' reality. What I mean by that is that, we're not yet ready to unveil it. It's amazing, and I know you guys will love it, but you know in this industry, you gotta plan everything. You gotta make sure that once you're ready to talk, YOU TALK. Therefore, I'm afraid you'll still have to wait a bit for that, but it's coming SO SO SOON! And I promise you guys will love it *beer*. You have no idea.

[B]What about the voice actress?[/B]
Well, I do have a tip for you. She's a girl, but that's as far as I can go... And I think I'm in trouble right now, for telling you *burp*. So, peace guys, gotta go. Don't worry everything will SOON be unveiled. Like very very SOON.

[B]Meagan Marie:[/B] Thank you so much Karl.....! Like OMG. Talk to you soon guys. We love you here hihi, and don't forget all my cosplays[/QUOTE]

I'm just teasing. Just like they are.

Spong 12-03-12 22:49

[QUOTE=Lukass;6033806]They'll pick up questions that aren't focused on the game itself too much.[/quote]

That's a level of cynicism I admire, I expect that too :tmb:

[QUOTE=Lukass;6033806]Some idiot asked what made them to decide to make this reboot, how hard was to decide how Lara will look like...or something like it. This is exactly the type of question they love and need :/[/QUOTE]

If I could be bothered, I'd put money on questions like that being answered, even though it's already been answered.

Stevo505 12-03-12 22:50

[QUOTE=amiro1989;6033818]My guess:[/QUOTE]

If that's what it is like.. shoot me.

jhs270694 12-03-12 22:50

[QUOTE=Stevo505;6033822]If that's what it is like.. shoot me.[/QUOTE]
i wanna go into hibernation

amiro1989 12-03-12 22:52

[QUOTE=Stevo505;6033822]If that's what it is like.. shoot me.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm sure I'm not that far from the truth :ton:

Lukass 12-03-12 22:53

@amiro Oh God, I hope they'll surprise us this time.

@Spong Of course, they'll pick up this question. I bet they will! :/ I dunno if the people are morons or just...I'm speechless. Someone is asking if there will be Croft Manor in the game. Eh oh why oh why?!?

[IMG]http://www.ddcrew.com/rageguy.jpg[/IMG]

Stevo505 12-03-12 22:54

The people on the official forums aren't even as big of fans as we are... so they don't know anything even if it's already been answered. :vlol:

jhs270694 12-03-12 22:54

[QUOTE=Lukass;6033832]@amiro Oh God, I hope they'll surprise us this time.

@Spong Of course, they'll pick up this question. I bet they will! :/ I dunno if the people are morons or just...I'm speechless. Someone is asking if there will be Croft Manor in the game. Eh oh why oh why?!?

[IMG]http://www.ddcrew.com/rageguy.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
My anger is justified, im glad. i was raging at the questions yesterday

Lukass 12-03-12 23:00

I know exactly which questions will be picked up.

[QUOTE=Charlie.T.Raider;1725140][b]Does this incarnation of Lara still live at Croft Manor?
[/b][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=magburadean;1725159][b]is the release date for the game is 2012?

will there be anything related to the story for past games?[/b][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=GoggleboxUK;1731625][b]This is all one question really although it breaks down into different elements:

I'd like to know what the deciding factors were regarding the target audience of the new Tomb Raider?

How much harder was it to create a totally new TR game without dismissing everything the fans know and love? That said, how hard is it to avoid centring on this game being part of an established timeline as opposed to something new and current?[/b][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=croftbest;1731628][b]How long playtime bring us this game?[/b][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MiguelGarciaGL;1731603][b]Can Lara swim in the new Tomb Raider?[/b][/QUOTE]

;__;

Spong 12-03-12 23:03

^Some of those made me laugh. I can't say which though, it's unfair on the members because they're (probably) not here.

Lukass 12-03-12 23:03

[QUOTE=Spong;6033849]^Some of those made me laugh. I can't say which though, it's unfair on the members because they're (probably) not here.[/QUOTE]

PM me...I wanna know.

Adrenaline 12-03-12 23:15

[QUOTE=amiro1989;6033818]My guess:

I'm just teasing. Just like they are.[/QUOTE]

HAAHAHAHAHA OMG I LAUGHED SO LOUD. :vlol: :vlol:
It's funny cause its true. :pi: *burp*.
:vlol:

Lukass 12-03-12 23:18

[QUOTE=amiro1989;6033818]My guess: [b]Meagan Marie: Thank you so much Karl.....! Like OMG. Talk to you soon guys. We love you here hihi, and don't forget all my cosplays[/b]
[/QUOTE]

:vlol:

aussie500 12-03-12 23:34

[QUOTE=Khaled;6032861]Everyone here knows this new tomb raider will be not delay and we are so happy because the game will be not delay . Ok Q1 will end at March , if they won't give us some screenshots and trailer , we will wait unit April just like what you said April is good chance to reveal about new gameplay , if they will not reveal about new something at April , the game will delay .[/QUOTE]

You realise that made no sense at all, for TRU we got out first gameplay footage for E3, and they still managed to get the game released in November. They could give us nothing before E3 and still have the game out on time.

[QUOTE=lance6439;6032949]It was a mess because TR6 was rushed. The storyline is bad-ass & probably one of the best storylines ever.

& About TR10 ... TR10 could about her...adventuring places ...something. An AOD story would best fit TR12/TR11[/QUOTE]

AOD was rushed? It took 3 1/2 years to make Core Design's next gen Tomb Raider game, they were looking at where to go with it before they finished TR4. It took just under three years for Crystal Dynamics to make Legend and TRU and TRA took a lot less. How were Core Design rushed? It was only a PS2 era game done for two platforms. If you think 3 1/2 years rushed for a PS2 game, why are fans complaining it takes 4 years to reboot the franchise for the current generation hardware. Just because a developer badly mismanages their resources and time does not mean they were not given more than enough time to make the game.

[QUOTE=larafan25;6033339]I'm using the media flow from last year with this same game as a precedent.

I'm basing my assumption off of the fact that we were warned that we wouldn't be warned when coverage begins again.

If we aren't going to be warned when coverage starts again, it wouldn't start with E3 because they confirmed we'd see the game at E3.

You suggested that perhaps magazines would start covering the game after E3, which to me didn't make sense on a personal level but also conflicted with how it was done last year.[/QUOTE]

No point looking at how they did it last year, better to look at what they did for TRU in the build up for release. E3 is at the beginning of the month, the magazines whether released at the beginning of the month of the end should get the story for the issue released in June. Crystal Dynamics will likely co-ordinate the magazine coverage to make the most of the attention the game gets at E3. If any of the magazines with the exclusive comes out early we could see new screenshots before E3. Either that or they show the magazines a different area to what they are showing at E3, in which case we would get a look at two new areas. The media are most likely getting their demo now or next month, they need to see it a couple of months before they go to print.

For TRU they never had the game ready to show the public before E3, this time they do, although they might not want us to see anything more from early development of the game. We never got a look at that second demo they showed the media. I agree, if we were getting nothing before E3, they would have told us to expect the next news with E3. So they must have something planned. For TRU we got a look at the difference between the alpha and beta builds. And there is still the voice actress and composer to reveal. That they are unwilling to give us a more definite time seems to indicate they are still working on getting it ready (beta, combat or something else they are still putting in the game), or they are dependent on an outside party for the time slot (new trailer maybe, or other video footage).

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;6033739]Is this open chat now? ._.[/QUOTE]

No this is not open chat so I suggest people stop treating it like it is, stick to the topic of Tomb Raider.

jhs270694 12-03-12 23:52

You think Roth will somehow die later on in the story? Lara would have a complete mental breakdown.

Gamd1011 12-03-12 23:55

[QUOTE=jhs270694;6033962]You think Roth will somehow die later on in the story? Lara would have a complete mental breakdown.[/QUOTE]
& it would be extremely cliché

Rai 12-03-12 23:58

[QUOTE=jhs270694;6033962]You think Roth will somehow die later on in the story? Lara would have a complete mental breakdown.[/QUOTE]

It could be the final straw that breaks the camel's back and she chooses from then on to go alone and not rely on anyone else. And the survivor is born. Da da daaah! etc

[QUOTE=Gamd1011;6033978]& it would be extremely cliché[/QUOTE]

and this too, tbh, though I can imagine this happening.

Mikky 12-03-12 23:59

[QUOTE=Rai;6033992]It could be the final straw that breaks the camel's back and she chooses from then on to go alone and not rely on anyone else. And the survivor is born. Da da daaah! etc
[/QUOTE]

This was what I was thinking, only less... sarcastically. :vlol:

jhs270694 12-03-12 23:59

Why cliché? Is it because that sort of thing is stereotyped? It seems a good opportunity for her to develop and gain that much more independence rather than be seen as a 'student' learning from her 'mentor'. On the other hand it would be a bit sketchy to get rid of a potentially big protagonist to be in later games but saying that its cliché is far fetched to say the least.

Well in that case, surviving on an island and getting out can be seen a cliché. 'im going to become a better person because i survived a harsh environment'. Thats more predictable rather than cliché TBH. is that what your trying to say, predictable?

larafan25 13-03-12 00:01

I personally don't give a fudge what happens or if it's considered cliche. If I enjoy the story and nothing makes me cringe it's all good.