www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

SoraSakai 02-09-20 04:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman81 (Post 8236237)
Thatís fine. You donít have to believe. Like Iíve said before we have no reason to post fake news. Iíve been following production notes on the film for months and Iíve got two sources on this film. Todayís news could have went to another outlet but I asked for it and they gave it to us. I know the news isnít flashy and I wish we had more but right now this is what we have.

There’s plenty of reason to post fake news.

I don’t know if you did or if you would.

But there’s plenty of reason to do it.

PinkyPromise 02-09-20 07:24

Superman81 Thanks for giving us news about the movie. Ignore Sora, she is only in this thread to write "this movie has been canceled"
(or something similar) constantly every week. No matter what we tell her, she will continue to enter and write it every day.

SoraSakai 02-09-20 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyPromise (Post 8236250)
Superman81 Thanks for giving us news about the movie. Ignore Sora, she is only in this thread to write "this movie has been canceled"
(or something similar) constantly every week. No matter what we tell her, she will continue to enter and write it every day.

I didn’t say that at all today actually. You just made that up.

TrustyBow 02-09-20 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8236259)
I didnít say that at all today actually. You just made that up.

Yeah, you're just being a bitch, as usual.

SoraSakai 02-09-20 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrustyBow (Post 8236262)
Yeah, you're just being a bitch, as usual.

No. I’m not.

There’s no other form of media outlet reporting on this.

Superman81 just happens to be the only one with this info, and his only source is a website he wrote the article for. In what way is it unfair for me to be skeptical about that...?

Portugalraider 02-09-20 10:43

It's okay to be sceptic, Sora, especially since Geek Vibes Nation and Superman81 seem to be the only ones leaking info from the movie. Personally I believe he is telling the truth, or at least that he thinks his sources are telling him the truth, but there is obvious room for doubt there. I guess we will find out if any other the actresses ends up casted in the movie (or any other black actress), as well as if this non-Lu male PoC and male white villain end up being actual characters.

I do think that you might need to express that scepticism in a different way, though. Sometimes it just comes off as you being rude...

Rai 02-09-20 12:26

Trustybow, there is no need to resort to name calling.

Yes, I think it would be great and even better if other websites picked up on casting news, maybe they will when actual casting is made. In the meantime Geek Vibes Nation is giving us hints here and there. I'm of the mind that any potential news is better than complete silence.

Sora, sure they may have reasons to give false info, but they also have reason not to provide false info (knowingly), like keeping a rep for being trustworthy as a website, for example.

PinkyPromise 02-09-20 12:34

Quote:

I'm of the mind that any potential news is better than complete silence.
This. Rumors and information favor fantasizing, imagining, debating ... that's why Sora sometimes bothers me. I have nothing against her. But it takes a few months that her comments the only thing to do is kill any debate and promote pessimism by turning the thread into something boring.
Cmon Sora. Let yourself be carried away by the fantasy and positivity a bit and allow yourself to imagine. It's more fun.

SoraSakai 02-09-20 13:04

Just because what I’m saying is contrary to you, doesn’t automatically make it rude.
Me being skeptical because literally not a single other reputable news source is reporting on the info being mentioned by superman81 isn’t rude.

And the fact that having info like that boosting up hype and drawing clicks to your website really is a pretty good reason to knowingly make something up.

Whether or not he made it up, I dunno.

But I’m not going to believe it and hype myself over something that (in my opinion) has little to no credibility to it.

Superman81 02-09-20 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8236307)
Just because what Iím saying is contrary to you, doesnít automatically make it rude.
Me being skeptical because literally not a single other reputable news source is reporting on the info being mentioned by superman81 isnít rude.

And the fact that having info like that boosting up hype and drawing clicks to your website really is a pretty good reason to knowingly make something up.

Whether or not he made it up, I dunno.

But Iím not going to believe it and hype myself over something that (in my opinion) has little to no credibility to it.

As I said earlier, we are not in the habit of posting fake news nor do we need clicks. If I was going to make up scoops it would be about Marvel or DC, stuff that fanboys really want to hear about. The casting news we posted yesterday could have went to another outlet but I asked for it since we have been covering TR2 exclusively and they gave it to me.