www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Ellioft 23-02-22 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by beencroft (Post 8344104)
Yeah, overseas definitely saved the first movie. They could do what HBO Max does and release it both on streaming services and movie theaters but after 45 days in theaters. If Misha does add in a T-Rex battle, I definitely think that’s audience reaction material right there and deserves to be seen on the big screen. ;)

If that's the case I hope they are not going to spoil that in the trailer :p

Portugalraider 23-02-22 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8344106)

Oh, you KNOW they would, if that were the case...

beencroft 23-02-22 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8344105)
That I'd definitely be okay with, but the important thing is having this movie be released on theatres...

But to be fair, I am not surprised that talks would be made about this, with Amazon buying MGM. But hopefully those talks end up with "nah, let's still make it for theatres, and then have him exclusively on Prime...

I agree! It deserves to be seen in theaters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8344106)

If they can make the trailer really good to draw in audience without spoiling the dinosaur, then I hope so too! But if that’s the biggest thing Misha has planned for the movie, then I bet they’d show it in the trailer. If it was in the trailer, I can see it playing out how they did with TR Anniversary. That was awesome!

Ellioft 23-02-22 23:11

Well nothing happened but Misha's mentionned she as written a 67 pages outline for TR2.

Rai 23-02-22 23:22

To be honest, I didn't really think Misha would give any updates, so it is nice that she mentioned TR at all. I guess her mentioning that, it must have fit the topic. Is that a usual length, I wonder?

beencroft 23-02-22 23:35

She definitely wrote more then. In September, she said she wrote 53 pages worth of outlines for TR2. Lovecraft Country was 25 average she said as well.

Rai 23-02-22 23:55

I'm confused. A script outline is done before a full script? Hadn't Misha already past the first draft stage?

Ellioft 23-02-22 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8344114)
I'm confused. A script outline is done before a full script? Hadn't Misha already past the first draft stage?

Yeah it's done before ^^
Misha already writen her first draft called Obsidian.

PinkyPromise 24-02-22 09:24

How long does MGM have the rights to TR? If it's 5 years... from 2018 to 2023 to release the movie.

That Misha no longer talks about TR is worrying... it gives me the same sensations as when Ben Wheatley was elusive with questions

Ellioft 24-02-22 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyPromise (Post 8344135)
How long does MGM have the rights to TR? If it's 5 years... from 2018 to 2023 to release the movie.

That Misha no longer talks about TR is worrying... it gives me the same sensations as when Ben Wheatley was elusive with questions

There wasn't any question asked about her next projects by the interviewer