www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Netflix orders tomb raider anime series (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225632)

biscuits 27-09-21 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8322282)
It's being animated by the same studio, so I am hoping for a gorgeous series!

That's why I'm excited!! Just look at any instance where Sypha is on screen :jmp:

charmedangelin 27-09-21 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8322279)
For live action stuff: Covid.

For animation stuff: only the first season has a long production time, if the show gets more seasons (and Tomb Raider already has a season 2 in the works) things tend to go more smoothly.

There's legit nothing to look forward to for the next 2 years. Like I have wonder if people will still care and I'm not being dramatic about it? Do they honestly expect the general public to remember TR that long? The general public was already mixed about Shadow and so far nothing announced is really pushing the needle of public opinion either way.

Rai 27-09-21 21:11

We might not get releases next year but promotion could start, for the game, anime and movie.

Amunet 27-09-21 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8322289)
There's legit nothing to look forward to for the next 2 years. Like I have wonder if people will still care and I'm not being dramatic about it? Do they honestly expect the general public to remember TR that long? The general public was already mixed about Shadow and so far nothing announced is really pushing the needle of public opinion either way.

I think we shouldn't jump the gun just yet. Yes, the anime is coming later than we expected, but like Portugalraider and others have said, it doesn't necessarily mean that the next game will come after that.

I personally agree that it would make more sense for "Unified Lara" to debut in the games and not other media, plus the game and the anime are being produced by different companies. It wouldn't really make sense for one to wait for the other.

And even if the game is only coming out post-2023, we could still get something (maybe the remaster collection we're all craving for... pretty please!!)

charmedangelin 27-09-21 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8322292)
We might not get releases next year but promotion could start, for the game, anime and movie.

So the official version of fan arts. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amunet (Post 8322293)
And even if the game is only coming out post-2023, we could still get something (maybe the remaster collection we're all craving for... pretty please!!)

At this point, we know this ain't happening. If they can announce an anime this early on, then what does that say about the possibilities of something else coming along when Meagan herself said she doesn't like to spoil things too early.

It's time we finally accept that TR is with Jesus now, if you believe in that sort of thing. :pi:

biscuits 27-09-21 21:34

Why does this fandom get an aneurysm when ever there's no TR news for a micro second? Long gaps with no content are very common in the industry.
Is it the annual releases from Eidos back in the day? Are they the reason people can't stand waiting a few years for a game (the normal thing to do) without getting a stroke? :p

charmedangelin 27-09-21 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 8322299)
Why does this fandom get an aneurysm when ever there's no TR news for a micro second? Long gaps with no content are very common in the industry.
Is it the annual releases from Eidos back in the day? Are they the reason people can't stand waiting a few years for a game (the normal thing to do) without getting a stroke? :p

Other games and franchises have already had what TR has not.

biscuits 27-09-21 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8322302)
Other games and franchises have already had what TR has not.

Which is what exactly?

charmedangelin 27-09-21 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 8322303)
Which is what exactly?

Ports, remakes/remasters, new games, other gaming merch that doesn't break the savings account.

Ellioft 27-09-21 22:04

In 2022 there will be certainly the second movie shooting news to keep us entertained :D