www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Netflix orders tomb raider anime series (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225632)

Portugalraider 13-09-21 15:08

Atwel is definitely a great casting choice!

But I do kind of wished they kept Camilla.

Then again, new era, new voice! I hope Atwell gets also casted as game Lara. That would be great!

JoelCaesar 13-09-21 15:38

Im really hoping shes the new Lara in the games as well!

PinkyPromise 13-09-21 15:40

Me too. The face of Atwel is very old Lara. She looks like a bit Rona Mithra. I wouldn't mind if they used motion capture. I prefer that face than Camilla. She did a good job but she never was Lara Croft.

Chamayoo 13-09-21 15:54

I remember some fans here wishing her as the new voice actress, they should be in heaven right now. :p
Excited news, can't wait to hear her as Lara. I don't know Atwel that much but I just watched one YouTube video of her as Carter and she was good. :)

Rai 13-09-21 16:02

I'm not familiar with Hayley's acting work, but she does have a nice voice and I'm glad for the update on the Netflix show.

I have serious doubts she'd continue as Lara for the games, I think she'd be too expensive, she is a Hollywood star.

Chamayoo 13-09-21 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8320354)
I have serious doubts she'd continue as Lara for the games, I think she'd be too expensive, she is a Hollywood star.

Aren't the games having more money for it than the anime, though ? I may be wrong, I'm totally not an expert on economy and industry. :p

Portugalraider 13-09-21 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8320359)
Aren't the games having more money for it than the anime, though ? I may be wrong, I'm totally not an expert on economy and industry. :p

Basically yes. And if they don't use her likeness for the model, hiring Atwell can actually get cheaper.

If all the cast were big Hollywood stars, that would be one thing. But just hiring Atwell wouldn't be that much of a problem.

PinkyPromise 13-09-21 16:21

The series is a continuation between Shadow and the new game. It would be weird for them to look for a new voice for the series and then Camilla again. It is clear that the Netflix series is related to games and it would not be strange if it was a presentation of Lara's new voice. Otherwise they would have chosen Camila again.

Tonyrobinson 13-09-21 16:27

Woah that's a huge coup for casting a Marvel actress in a Tomb Raider related property. Huge!

Also she definitely has a more classic vibe to her voice than the modern interpretation. It really does seem like a new era for this Lara.

Chamayoo 13-09-21 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8320361)
Basically yes. And if they don't use her likeness for the model, hiring Atwell can actually get cheaper.

If all the cast were big Hollywood stars, that would be one thing. But just hiring Atwell wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Didn't think of motion capture and in-game model. Should cost a lot more if they would (likely) do that. Wait and see !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 8320367)
Woah that's a huge coup for casting a Marvel actress in a Tomb Raider related property. Huge!

Something they couldn't for their own Marvel's game, ironically. :cln: