www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

PinkyPromise 20-02-22 17:52

Congratulations Ellioft! Lots of information and very interesting. A great job. waiting for the 2nd part

Ellioft 20-02-22 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8343743)
Starting to watch it now! Do you mind if I share it on Reddit as well?

No problem share it :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyPromise (Post 8343744)
Congratulations Ellioft! Lots of information and very interesting. A great job. waiting for the 2nd part

Well it's not fully written etc but I will try to make a release this year because I have less things to say about it. The production was much more smooth.

But the part 3 about the reboot will be interesting ^^

Portugalraider 21-02-22 20:23

Still have 30 minutes left to watch, but my god, the production of the first movie really was an absolute mess, wasn't it? No wonder the movie is also a mess.

A beautiful mess that I still very much enjoy, but still a mess.

Can't wait to see what you uncovered for the other movies, Ellioft! Especially considering how the director of CoL quit directing movies all together, and your tease about the reboot movie. I'll assume a lot of very similar problems to the first one, since the movie was rushed to production because the rights were expiring, weren't they not?

Ellioft 21-02-22 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8343864)
Still have 30 minutes left to watch, but my god, the production of the first movie really was an absolute mess, wasn't it? No wonder the movie is also a mess.

A beautiful mess that I still very much enjoy, but still a mess.

Can't wait to see what you uncovered for the other movies, Ellioft! Especially considering how the director of CoL quit directing movies all together, and your tease about the reboot movie. I'll assume a lot of very similar problems to the first one, since the movie was rushed to production because the rights were expiring, weren't they not?

Well to be honest the production for Col is kinda bor ahah classical I mean there was only one script planned and 90% of the movie is on the final screenplay

Reboot wasn't rushed at all but there is some juicy stuff with storyboards, deleted sequences, the famous draft etc :D

Taken from Sundance collab website (from Misha's event) : On the film side, Green is busy at work with several projects in development. She is the writer and producer of the upcoming feature film THE MOTHER at Netflix, starring Jennifer Lopez with Niki Caro directing. She is also adapting and set to direct the sequel to TOMB RAIDER for MGM, producing Warner Brothers’ Cleopatra Jones, and producing an adaptation of THE GILDED ONES with Makeready.

PinkyPromise 22-02-22 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8343871)
Reboot wasn't rushed at all but there is some juicy stuff with storyboards, deleted sequences, the famous draft etc :D

I would love (although it is difficult) to know what happened with Dan Lin and Tomb Raider. He had the rights to the movie for many years and he lost the rights (until Graham King bought the rights).

CroftManiac05 22-02-22 13:10

The recent Uncharted movie made me think of the 2018 TR sequel. I hope it's not canned :(

Ellioft 22-02-22 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by CroftManiac05 (Post 8343931)
The recent Uncharted movie made me think of the 2018 TR sequel. I hope it's not canned :(

It's not canned :D

Portugalraider 22-02-22 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8343933)
It's not canned :D

Uhhh... Did anyone you talked about the other movies told you something that we do not know? Spill it!

Or PM me. I'm great with secrets... ;) ;)

PinkyPromise 22-02-22 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8343956)
Uhhh... Did anyone you talked about the other movies told you something that we do not know? Spill it!

Or PM me. I'm great with secrets... ;) ;)

Me too! haha

Kennedy 22-02-22 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8343933)
It's not canned :D

I think the 2018 movie is not perfect, but I it was being quite respectable to the original lore & franchise.

I look forward to a sequel.


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.