Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' version) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Peep Show 03-11-15 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7478817)
The level where you have to escape a burning building was also very fun. Can't remember what it's called, but it was well done.

Yessssssss always the section i'm mostly looking forward to when replaying the game, too bad it wasn't a hub, it belongs to shanty town I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorXD (Post 7478803)
I never really liked the colours of Shipwreck beach :ponder: Too much grey, makes it look too bleak it is like a throwback to TRA... And also, I think the water splashes and the rock textures look reaaaaaally ugly, so that doesn't contribute to the overall look of it IMO.

I agree, it can look pretty ugly, there's also some visibe aliasing in that area which hurts the image quality.

AntRaidsTombs 03-11-15 03:04

Even though it was short, i enjoyed where the Oni Warrior battle took place and Chasm Ziggurat.

Sir Launcelot 03-11-15 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorXD (Post 7478803)
I never really liked the colours of Shipwreck beach :ponder: Too much grey, makes it look too bleak it is like a throwback to TRA... And also, I think the water splashes and the rock textures look reaaaaaally ugly, so that doesn't contribute to the overall look of it IMO.

Well, it is a bit bleak that way, but the overall effect is still stunning, IMHO. Just think what it would look like if it were colored like Coastal Thailand... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7478817)
The level where you have to escape a burning building was also very fun. Can't remember what it's called, but it was well done.

The Solarii Fortress? That was quite fun, lots of good combat in there. The Solarii Fortress Tower is next, and you have to escape that while it is burning too, but I don't think it's much fun. My PC gets low framerates on that level, and Lara turns into a frog, she keeps hopping to her death during the jumping and climbing arts, can't control her right. :mad:

I ran into a nasty bug there too, after jumping off the suspended crate and onto the windowsill to get back outside, rather than the cutscene playing, Lara would just hang there. I had to drop her into the fire and do that part again, more than once... :facepalm:

I've run into other bugs as well; animals in the ground that can't be shot, salvage crates that fall and disappear into the ground... Today I dropped a salvage net with a fire arrow in the Summit Forest and when I went back for it later, it had slid into the river, and Lara would not salvage it. I have seen this with animals as well, Lara won't grab anything in moderately deep water. I don't know why, she could sure use a good dunking most of the time...

Also, sometimes she shows the wrong anims, she'll keep her hands up like she is next to fire, even though she is long away from the fire later on, and she'll keep bending down when there are no enemies near.

BluenoseGames 03-11-15 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7478817)
The level where you have to escape a burning building was also very fun. Can't remember what it's called, but it was well done.

Yeah, I loved that level too!

Enya Brennan 03-11-15 15:33

Mountain Temple also had a burning building, iirc. Very enjoyable hub with nice platforming. But Mountain Village still remains the best!

Geothermal Caverns had a very claustrophobic feel for me. I had to watch out all the time, expecting one of the cannibals to attack me. It was a tense part, and it's still this way whenever I replay the game.

TheRCroft 03-11-15 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorXD (Post 7478803)
And also, I think the water splashes and the rock textures look reaaaaaally ugly, so that doesn't contribute to the overall look of it IMO.

Yeah, I dislike the main menu because of that too, it looks so LQ.

suisari 03-11-15 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRCroft (Post 7479268)
Yeah, I dislike the main menu because of that too, it looks so LQ.

Ugh yes!
The waves look so plastic tbh

Enya Brennan 03-11-15 21:42

There were times when water looked gorgeous in the game (the seaside cliffs vista) and others when it looked absolutely horrid (the currents, the rivers). Very unnatural imo. There was no tide flowing at all.

Sir Launcelot 03-11-15 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enya Brennan (Post 7479094)
Mountain Temple also had a burning building, iirc. Very enjoyable hub with nice platforming. But Mountain Village still remains the best!

Geothermal Caverns had a very claustrophobic feel for me. I had to watch out all the time, expecting one of the cannibals to attack me. It was a tense part, and it's still this way whenever I replay the game.

Geothermal Caverns was a pretty easy level though, and you just had to axe a couple of cannibals. I agree about Mountain Village, that is also a really cool hub. I wish there was more to wander around in there. So much of the game you can't go back to later, which is a shame.

BTW, does anyone know a way to get back to that upper part of Mountain Village that you go through on the third visit? Since there's collectibles there, I would think there would be a way to get back up, but I can't find a way to jump back onto the zipline from the lower cabin, is there another way?




Quote:

Originally Posted by Enya Brennan (Post 7479505)
There were times when water looked gorgeous in the game (the seaside cliffs vista) and others when it looked absolutely horrid (the currents, the rivers). Very unnatural imo. There was no tide flowing at all.

I like the sea at Shipwreck Beach, and the water in smaller streams like in Coastal Forest, but in some places, like shantytown, the water is very ugly. Of course, that is a dirty place to begin with.

Trenton 03-11-15 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot (Post 7479559)
I like the sea at Shipwreck Beach, and the water in smaller streams like in Coastal Forest, but in some places, like shantytown, the water is very ugly. Of course, that is a dirty place to begin with.

Shantytown is one disgusting place tbh. :ponder:


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Tomb Raider Forums is not owned or operated by CDE Entertainment Ltd.
Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are trademarks of CDE Entertainment Ltd.