Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' version) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Bomb Fighter 01-06-12 13:47

I think and hope, bullet-time isn´t in the game. Not in regular combat. I believe it was just a trailer effect.

Linoshi Croft 01-06-12 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6209846)
Yeah....I just want to aim the gun and shoot myself, in real time, requiring strategy...

It'll probably be something like Splinter Cell execution, where you have to do a take down or something to unlock the ability.

lcroft_lc 01-06-12 13:54

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_backgrou...82heqcasl.jpeg
:cln:

Love2Raid 01-06-12 13:58

^
Oh. :cln:
Now gimme that without the black stuff and I'm perfectly happy. :tmb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomb Fighter (Post 6209849)
I think and hope, bullet-time isn´t in the game. Not in regular combat. I believe it was just a trailer effect.

Yeah, I believe it was just a trailer effect as well. :pi:

larafan25 01-06-12 14:14

Erredaya iz caturdaya

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...5/caturday.jpg

lcroft_lc 01-06-12 14:16

New Facebook cover unlocked:
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...26187364_n.jpg

Supernova 01-06-12 14:20

I hope surviving on the island, looking for food and drinkable water, hunting with her bow (and whatnot) is a big part of the game, and not just a gimmick that is used once or twice.

StefanJ94 01-06-12 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6209904)

omg cats! <3

larafan25 01-06-12 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supernova (Post 6209914)
I hope surviving on the island, looking for food and drinkable water, hunting with her bow (and whatnot) is a big part of the game, and not just a gimmick that is used once or twice.

EGGSACTLY.

If it's just shoved into the game for story purposes like every other fricking mechanic these days, I'll be pissed.

FearEffect 01-06-12 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6209869)
[IMG]htp://a0.twimg.com/profile_background_images/567376107/wut3gu9xe9182heqcasl.jpeg[/IMG]
:cln:


Somebody deleted this pic on eidos forums

"""I noticed that you posted two pictures with the burning background and Lara in front of it with her bow today, i needed to delete them.

Since that screen is leaked and not released yet we can't yet allow it to be on the forums. When it is released we can make it available through the official channels.

Please be patient and do not post it again, thank you in advance.

Regards,
TranceTrouble"""


EDIT ;

"""ah didn't notice that guess we can use it then, hmm alright will edit it back in. sorry for the miss understanding."""

Bomb Fighter 01-06-12 15:22

^
That´s wierd. They are using it as twitter background.

Weemanply109 01-06-12 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 6208981)
It was good for a Tombraider game I guess, but not generally. I still loved Underworlds launch trailer best :pi: this one could of been better put together imo.

I actually agree, the trailer could have been composed better and it seemed random. I was honestly more excited about Underworld after seeing the trailers compared to this one. Idk, maybe it's just because I'm not into games as much as I used to be probably.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supernova (Post 6209914)
I hope surviving on the island, looking for food and drinkable water, hunting with her bow (and whatnot) is a big part of the game, and not just a gimmick that is used once or twice.

This, but not too frequent.

_Awestruck_ 01-06-12 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supernova (Post 6209914)
I hope surviving on the island, looking for food and drinkable water, hunting with her bow (and whatnot) is a big part of the game, and not just a gimmick that is used once or twice.

I actually wanted the exact opposite prior to seeing the gameplay trailer, but anything that balances out the cinematics and QTEs would be great. So I agree.

Bomb Fighter 01-06-12 18:40

I am kind of worried about the whole island mystery. I was hoping that it will be something extraordinary, something related to the religion showed in the den that causes all these ships and planes disasters.
Now that the bad guys, non-scavengers were showed, it may end as some cheap army experiments or something like that...I don´t want that, That is so clishé.

NRO. 01-06-12 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomb Fighter (Post 6210865)
I am kind of worried about the whole island mystery. I was hoping that it will be something extraordinary, something related to the religion showed in the den that causes all these ships and planes disasters.
Now that the bad guys, non-scavengers were showed, it may end as some cheap army experiments or something like that...I don´t want that, That is so clishé.

+over9000

spyrostr 01-06-12 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomb Fighter (Post 6210865)
I am kind of worried about the whole island mystery. I was hoping that it will be something extraordinary, something related to the religion showed in the den that causes all these ships and planes disasters.
Now that the bad guys, non-scavengers were showed, it may end as some cheap army experiments or something like that...I don´t want that, That is so clishé.

well i think the Russians are shipwrecked pirates...

just*raidin*tomb 01-06-12 19:30

I think the trailer is good and all don't get me wrong, but it has raised a lot of concerns for me, and I'm not one to complain. Since this is the tr general discussion thread, I'll discuss those concerns here.

It looks like a scripted mess. Environments look small and linear so far...that's incredibly disappointing. Please tell the island is still huge with lots of interesting places to explore? I really need to see hub spaces pronto.

I understand that they want to be all Oooh and ahhh with their first proper trailer but it was ALL ACTION BAM BAM BAM. If that's any indication of what the game is going to be like then what the hell, Crystal? It looks like a movie. Sure, okay the story looks interesting, but everything looks forced. There seems to be no choice at all. If you're going to capture people's attention show them a Tomb Raider with a good story AND good gameplay. Show them the huge environments and mechanics that are less rigid. Let them know that's not JUST another action thriller.

The graphics...I'm not going to complain about them at the moment, but I expect more from a gameplay trailer. They still look half-done. I can see why they need extra time. Hopefully it just means they've had more emphasis on the gameplay and open environments. But...I honestly doubt it. But seriously, some of the graphical aspects need refining.

When I first saw the trailer, of course I was ecstatic but now that my stupid little "fanboy" phase is over I can see that I'm honestly really disappointed. I can't believe I'm saying this but the game does not look like Tomb Raider. Not in the slightest. It looks great but it does not look like a Tomb Raider game.

Hopefully they'll be a lot of nice surprises when I play it, to prove me otherwise, and perhaps it's better that I'm less excited for the game. I'll watch the demo at E3 and then I'm done with all media until I get the game and play it myself. But I am not impressed by narrowly escaping death at every waking moment of the game. Uncharted 3 was like that and it was disappointing. Please don't make Tomb Raider, Uncharted with a female protagonist.

January_Snow* 01-06-12 19:36

[IMG]http://i48.************/2hozfb6.jpg[/IMG]

The scientist guy has a similar watch like the one I have O_o I recognize it since there were two white watches when I got mine, and the one I didn't get was exactly like this. I mean I like that they are using stuff that is real, but won't Armani sue them? If I was Armani I would sue :pi:

On the positive note, I love the scientist guy now, he is awsome :jmp:

spyrostr 01-06-12 19:40

if i see the word uncharted on these forums again i'll kill u all

:smk:

just*raidin*tomb 01-06-12 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyrostr (Post 6211150)
if i see the word uncharted on these forums again i'll kill u all

:smk:

Sorry, you're going to see it a lot because it looks exactly like an Uncharted game. Scripted shallow gameplay with action after action after action.

I hate saying that. It's very disappointing.

Gamd1011 01-06-12 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6211098)
I think the trailer is good and all don't get me wrong, but it has raised a lot of concerns for me, and I'm not one to complain. Since this is the tr general discussion thread, I'll discuss those concerns here.

It looks like a scripted mess. Environments look small and linear so far...that's incredibly disappointing. Please tell the island is still huge with lots of interesting places to explore? I really need to see hub spaces pronto.

I understand that they want to be all Oooh and ahhh with their first proper trailer but it was ALL ACTION BAM BAM BAM. If that's any indication of what the game is going to be like then what the hell, Crystal? It looks like a movie. Sure, okay the story looks interesting, but everything looks forced. There seems to be no choice at all. If you're going to capture people's attention show them a Tomb Raider with a good story AND good gameplay. Show them the huge environments and mechanics that are less rigid. Let them know that's not JUST another action thriller.

The graphics...I'm not going to complain about them at the moment, but I expect more from a gameplay trailer. They still look half-done. I can see why they need extra time. Hopefully it just means they've had more emphasis on the gameplay and open environments. But...I honestly doubt it. But seriously, some of the graphical aspects need refining.

When I first saw the trailer, of course I was ecstatic but now that my stupid little "fanboy" phase is over I can see that I'm honestly really disappointed. I can't believe I'm saying this but the game does not look like Tomb Raider. Not in the slightest. It looks great but it does not look like a Tomb Raider game.

Hopefully they'll be a lot of nice surprises when I play it, to prove me otherwise, and perhaps it's better that I'm less excited for the game. I'll watch the demo at E3 and then I'm done with all media until I get the game and play it myself. But I am not impressed by narrowly escaping death at every waking moment of the game. Uncharted 3 was like that and it was disappointing. Please don't make Tomb Raider, Uncharted with a female protagonist.

I kind of agree. :(

Maybe ACTUAL gameplay will prove us wrong?:o

Cpuguy18 01-06-12 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6211161)
Sorry, you're going to see it a lot because it looks exactly like an Uncharted game. Scripted shallow gameplay with action after action after action.

I hate saying that. It's very disappointing.

Somewhat. The writing is way worse than Uncharted.

just*raidin*tomb 01-06-12 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpuguy18 (Post 6211176)
Somewhat. The writing is way worse than Uncharted.

I can't really judge what the writing is like yet, but the acting seems decent enough to me. Not as good as Uncharted's acting though. And some of Lara's peers are clearly immature morons. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamd1011 (Post 6211169)
I kind of agree. :(

Maybe ACTUAL gameplay will prove us wrong?:o

I sincerely hope so. And ya know? It's not just me. There are a lot people in the gaming community that aren't tomb raider fans with the same exact concerns. People are concerned that it's just going to be another Uncharted as they're starting to realize how shallow the game truly is in terms of gameplay complexity. If tomb raider can still deliver on the huge environments, exploration platforming, complex puzzles, and good combat and good AI, then I won't be disappointed. I hope see some of that next week. Hopefully. :/

spyrostr 01-06-12 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6211161)
Sorry, you're going to see it a lot because it looks exactly like an Uncharted game. Scripted shallow gameplay with action after action after action.

I hate saying that. It's very disappointing.

u saw a trailer that was on purpose action oriented to attract many gamers... we'll have to wait until Monday..
there is a similarity of course but it's not a clone... jee u people calm down

Bomb Fighter 01-06-12 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyrostr (Post 6211001)
well i think the Russians are shipwrecked pirates...

I hope so. And I hope that scavengers will hunt them as much as they hunt Lara!

larafan25 01-06-12 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6211161)
Sorry, you're going to see it a lot because it looks exactly like an Uncharted game. Scripted shallow gameplay with action after action after action.

I hate saying that. It's very disappointing.

Ah yes, truth.

spyrostr 01-06-12 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomb Fighter (Post 6211224)
I hope so. And I hope that scavengers will hunt them as much as they hunt Lara!

now i can see how the multiplayer is going to work

just*raidin*tomb 01-06-12 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6211260)
Ah yes, truth.

I'm so disappointed larafan, ahhh. D': I'm just hoping there's more at E3 to prove me wrong. The best part of the trailer was hunting the deer in my opinion. At least it was gameplay.

larafan25 01-06-12 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6211289)
I'm so disappointed larafan, ahhh. D': I'm just hoping there's more at E3 to prove me wrong. The best part of the trailer was hunting the deer in my opinion. At least it was gameplay.

The sad thing is, I just saw someone say that the hunting bit was the clip that showed exploration....no dang...that's combat. >_>

It's just...I have no issue with the story, graphics, or any of that jazz. I just don't see where the real gameplay comes into play.

Also too many crumbling things for my taste, even though I wanted crumbling things.

_Awestruck_ 01-06-12 20:04

Forgive me, but it's a little jarring to see LF25 so skeptical of things. :vlol: He was always on the defensive for this game, it's weird to see him pick out something he doesn't like for once.

just*raidin*tomb 01-06-12 20:04

Yeah, it's weird for me and him both. And a few others. ;_ ;

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6211304)
The sad thing is, I just saw someone say that the hunting bit was the clip that showed exploration....no dang...that's combat. >_>

It's just...I have no issue with the story, graphics, or any of that jazz. I just don't see where the real gameplay comes into play.

Also too many crumbling things for my taste, even though I wanted crumbling things.

I agree. I feel I'm going to be desensitized by the "thrill ride" by the middle of the game.

scremanie 01-06-12 20:05

Y'all be cray cray.

THIS GAME IS GOING TO PWN!

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/a...5_Z6F2XM9B.gif

Poke Warrior 01-06-12 20:06

Tomb Raider is on the Xbox Dashboard!!!!!! :D

spyrostr 01-06-12 20:07

people there is already a thread for u to complain :mad:

just*raidin*tomb 01-06-12 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyrostr (Post 6211346)
people there is already a thread for u to complain :mad:

Not complaining. Discussing.

Poke Warrior 01-06-12 20:08

And it also has another mock up game cover for the game!!!

spyrostr 01-06-12 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6211351)
Not complaining. Discussing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6211289)
I'm so disappointed larafan, ahhh. D': I'm just hoping there's more at E3 to prove me wrong. .

yeap it seems so

just*raidin*tomb 01-06-12 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyrostr (Post 6211362)
yeap it seems so

Thanks, I'm glad you understand. :)

Cpuguy18 01-06-12 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6211326)
Yeah, it's weird for me and him both. And a few others. ;_ ;



I agree. I feel I'm going to be desensitized by the "thrill ride" by the middle of the game.

Me too its going to get old fast. I hope this game is open world or at least a non linear game and i hope this game focuses more on survival. If thats not the case its an uncharted ripoff.

Lukass 01-06-12 20:17

I'm not worried the game would be anything like Uncharted. You'll see E3 is gonna prove you wrong and you'll get excited again :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:08.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Tomb Raider Forums is not owned or operated by CDE Entertainment Ltd.
Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are trademarks of CDE Entertainment Ltd.