Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' version) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

leglion 17-11-12 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 6526540)
I know right?
the game should be
75% Exploration and Puzzles combined
25% Shooting

Well i could deal with that proportion if the exploration and puzzles have some action to break it up(Crumbling tombs and whatever and whatnot)

SpyrosMonster 17-11-12 14:07

This is EPIC AS ****! This is the first time I've seen that. I mean I've seen the Launch Trailer but this is version is cut for commercial use!
I just hope the Launch Trailer for this TR is even more EPIC than this one.

Evermore 17-11-12 14:11

HOLY COW THAT'S AWESOME. I actually finished Underworld today, for the first time. Loved it. ^_^ But that's seriously the best advert for a game that I've ever seen. :O

leglion 17-11-12 14:13

Too bad the game wasn't as good.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...8/ed2305b7.png

Evermore 17-11-12 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6526550)

I loved it. :o I'd initially thought the same, but it got better and better as I played. I'm pretty accommodating when it comes to games, and I just added this to my list of games I love (I don't have a material list, it's all in my head. A material list would be sad). :D

leglion 17-11-12 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evermore (Post 6526551)
I loved it. :o I'd initially thought the same, but it got better and better as I played. I'm pretty accommodating when it comes to games, and I just added this to my list of games I love (I don't have a material list, it's all in my head. A material list would be sad). :D

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice game. However, the trailer is better.

SpyrosMonster 17-11-12 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6526553)
Don't get me wrong, it's a nice game. However, the trailer is better.

Actually the trailer get you too much excited and your expectations get even higher every time you watch it.
the In-Game stuff isn't as exciting as the game. Although the game IMO it was really good...

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2020/dgbt.jpg

leglion 17-11-12 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6526557)
Actually the trailer get you too much excited and your expectations get even higher every time you watch it. But the In-Game stuff isn't as exciting as the game. Although the game IMO it was really good...

You're not really contradicting anything i said. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...8/2095c354.gif

Evermore 17-11-12 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6526553)
Don't get me wrong, it's a nice game. However, the trailer is better.

I can agree with that. For me, it makes even Assassin's Creed look boring. :p

SpyrosMonster 17-11-12 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6526559)
You're not really contradicting anything i said. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...8/2095c354.gif

What? :o

leglion 17-11-12 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6526562)
What? :o

You're agreeing with me.

SpyrosMonster 17-11-12 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by leglion (Post 6526572)
You're agreeing with me.

Oh yes. :vlol:

leglion 17-11-12 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6526579)
Oh yes. :vlol:

:p

[Xmas] 17-11-12 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6526546)
This is EPIC AS ****! This is the first time I've seen that. I mean I've seen the Launch Trailer but this is version is cut for commercial use!
I just hope the Launch Trailer for this TR is even more EPIC than this one.

It's a pity this commercial was much better than the actual game :p

SpyrosMonster 17-11-12 15:17

Is this commercial CGI like the TR Turning Point trailer?
I'm asking because everything has the same graphics as the game had but the animations feel a whole lot better.

[Xmas] 17-11-12 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6526630)
Is this commercial CGI like the TR Turning Point trailer?
I'm asking because everything has the same graphics as the game had but the animations feel a whole lot better.

It definitely has some CGI aspects in it but Lara's model is identical to the one ingame, me thinks.

Stevo505 17-11-12 22:17

After the CE was announced, the TR Facebook page jumped up from 600,000 likes to 800,000. Wow!

leglion 17-11-12 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 6527139)
After the CE was announced, the TR Facebook page jumped up from 600,000 likes to 800,000. Wow!

Get them coins CD. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...8/ec20fb7f.gif

just*raidin*tomb 18-11-12 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6526630)
Is this commercial CGI like the TR Turning Point trailer?
I'm asking because everything has the same graphics as the game had but the animations feel a whole lot better.

It's CGI created with in-game pieces. Which is why it looks in-game. It's obviously all prerendered because its not in the game, but it might've been created from the engine though.

skylark1121 18-11-12 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6526546)
This is EPIC AS ****! This is the first time I've seen that. I mean I've seen the Launch Trailer but this is version is cut for commercial use!
I just hope the Launch Trailer for this TR is even more EPIC than this one.
[youtube]Eh4iSed_tOY[youtube]

OMG. I love that commercial so much. It's similar to the amazing launch trailer TRU had (here). *_*

Rai 19-11-12 20:31

A new article/interview with Rhianna Pratchett over on Gamasutra

I've only skimmed it so far, but it's always good to read the writer pov, imo. :)

pipermaru 19-11-12 20:45

Reading now. Thanks, Rai :)

Evan C. 19-11-12 21:06

Nice reading, but nothing new tbh. Anyway, since the game is so relevant to the game industry, it's something necesary to repeat over and over again the key things of the reboot, and story-telling is something VERY important, because it's not only new having a writer for story on games, it's the very first time for Tomb Raider.

Evan C. 19-11-12 21:11

Sorry for double posting, but I found this piece of article pretty interesting too, wich is in fact what make Rhianna so cool for Tomb Raider:

"It's a fairly standard idea in other entertainment mediums, but in games there's often a strange disconnect with the way a character is presented in cutscenes (heroic, quippy, everyone's pal) and the way they act during the gameplay, i.e. mowing down enemies like there's no tomorrow...So how do you solve the problem? Work backwards"


http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...ew-lara-croft/

Richard_Croft 19-11-12 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6529304)
A new article/interview with Rhianna Pratchett over on Gamasutra

I've only skimmed it so far, but it's always good to read the writer pov, imo. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan C. (Post 6529390)
Sorry for double posting, but I found this piece of article pretty interesting too, wich is in fact what make Rhianna so cool for Tomb Raider:

"It's a fairly standard idea in other entertainment mediums, but in games there's often a strange disconnect with the way a character is presented in cutscenes (heroic, quippy, everyone's pal) and the way they act during the gameplay, i.e. mowing down enemies like there's no tomorrow...So how do you solve the problem? Work backwards"

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...ew-lara-croft/

Thanks for sharing :tmb:

pipermaru 19-11-12 21:20

I love reading Rhianna's interviews. She is intelligent and knows what she is doing. I follow the blog of Frictional Games and they have a very strong focus in story (and there is a difference between plot and story) and atmosphere. Rhianna pretty much follows their line: in a game, the player must be immersed in the story. Story does not mean cutscenes/QTEs. They are plot tools. Plot is a part of the story. Gameplay, in a game, is essential for the story, because it's the place where the player is going to experience everything.

I really think she follows this in their scripts. She thinks about the gameplay, the mechanics, the mood and the player in control. This is excellent and very rich to the narrative (and the game).

just*raidin*tomb 19-11-12 22:25

I really like Rhianna. Thanks for the articles. :tmb: As short as they are.

Meanwhile...this section is literally dead. :pi:

skylark1121 19-11-12 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6529480)
I really like Rhianna. Thanks for the articles. :tmb: As short as they are.

Meanwhile...this section is literally dead. :pi:

I know. It's so sad. ;__;

We'll soon have new things to stan about though! :D

BoyTRaider 19-11-12 23:13

So any official word of when we will have new material to see from the game?

Peep Show 19-11-12 23:16

Didn't CD say we would see more before the end of the year? I don't remember...

Weemanply109 19-11-12 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peep Show (Post 6529560)
Didn't CD say we would see more before the end of the year? I don't remember...

Yep. They even said we'd see more about combat before this year ends.

I predict that the end of November/early December is when we'll get more coverage.

Rai 19-11-12 23:30

^I believe so, yes.

Peep Show 19-11-12 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6529574)
Yep. They even said we'd see more about combat before this year ends.

I predict that the end of November/early December is when we'll get more coverage.

Oh yeah that is what I read about, I honestly can't wait!

Steven_1379 20-11-12 07:28

leave me alone im sad
i just had my leather glove lovin dual gunner archeologist
turned into an
archery glove lovin bow adveturer

CBS_TombRaider 20-11-12 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven_1379 (Post 6529959)
leave me alone im sad
i just had my leather glove lovin dual gunner archeologist
turned into an
archery glove lovin bow adveturer

Oh, quit your whining already.

And, to remain on-topic, I'd just like see some more snippets of the hubs. We all know visuals are Crystal's thing, so I'm really curious as to how the others will look. Not that I'd want the entire place spoiled, just a quick shot of another hub, preferably one with lots of water :D

Also axe-climbing. I really wanna know how that's going to work. And how often we'll be able to do it. I hope it's not some underused feature, like the grapple in Tomb Raider Underworld :B

tampi 20-11-12 10:44

Just read the new interview with Rhianna and gameranx article.
Whenever I read things about Rhianna reinforces the idea that she has things very clear. I can not wait to have the game and to know how she has implemented all these concepts on Lara's character and story. Looks good!

Saman 20-11-12 19:34

I think of all digital download way's is ending up with the Steam platform, the most popular, the most famous...also i suspect the pc version will involved with Steam anyway, because the best possible system to get achievement's and DLC's, is Steam.

Gamd1011 20-11-12 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6529574)
Yep. They even said we'd see more about combat before this year ends.

I predict that the end of November/early December is when we'll get more coverage.

Actually, they said we would hear about it.

Rai 21-11-12 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamd1011 (Post 6531061)
Actually, they said we would hear about it.

That was just one quote, from a tweet (I believe). It has also been said they'd be showing more content by the end of this year.

Steven_1379 21-11-12 01:37

ONE hub as big TR:Underworld
oh imwaaaaaiting to see that

hubs include gameplay maybe on the and anyways ill see whats become of LARA CROFT from a physical look perspective


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:02.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Tomb Raider Forums is not owned or operated by CDE Entertainment Ltd.
Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are trademarks of CDE Entertainment Ltd.