Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' version) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Gamd1011 10-02-13 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJodieG (Post 6644721)
Only a few more weeks until we can hear her screaming as often as we want to! ;D

I can't believe we're so close to the release!! It feels like just yesterday it was announced.

Weemanply109 10-02-13 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJodieG (Post 6644721)
Only a few more weeks until we can hear her screaming as often as we want to! ;D

Omg. :vlol:

Heartache 10-02-13 19:25

gosh i want to see the final build now. just for 30 seconds. :pi:

MissJodieG 10-02-13 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartache (Post 6644747)
gosh i want to see the final build now. just for 30 seconds. :pi:

you can see it in the video. offscreen. for 2 seconds. :ohn:

Weemanply109 10-02-13 19:28

I prefer to see the final build of the PC version. WHY ARE THEY TAKING SO LONG WITH IT? asdfg. I want to see how it'll look.

Will Lara have more strands of hair? Realistic skin? Show us, tbh.

Mikky 10-02-13 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJodieG (Post 6644676)
hey guys,
here's a new interview with the german voice actress.
in the end you can see her playing the final(!) build for a few seconds.
you can also see what happens when you fail at the very first QTE.
have fun! :hug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pH5rxdNQi4

I swear I've seen more of this woamn than I have of Camilla. :vlol:

Well, that failed QTE scene was deliciously delicious. Thanks for sharing. :D

Heartache 10-02-13 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJodieG (Post 6644752)
you can see it in the video. offscreen. for 2 seconds. :ohn:

and where is stated that its the final build? it still has that fingerprint on the screen and i dont think they added thousand fingerprints to the final build the last days to show it in every video :D

MissJodieG 10-02-13 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartache (Post 6644767)
and where is stated that its the final build? it still has that fingerprint on the screen and i dont think they added thousand fingerprints to the final build the last days to show it in every video :D


I think it's the same demo that square enix is going to show you next week.
And that demo ist from the final build.

*Madame, ich weigere mich ab jetzt weiterhin mit dir in Englisch zu schreiben. Ich meine wie komisch ist das denn? ;D

Heartache 10-02-13 19:49

well, we have to talk in english in open threads :P

hope ill be satisfied with the result D:

Zebra 10-02-13 19:49

I'm still amazed at how much has happened since Tomb Raider got announced. I finished school, I turned 18, I've already finished my first term at uni. It's crazy how ****ing long this game has taken to finally get out.

sierra xb 10-02-13 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by BinRaider (Post 6643651)
^ :|
The shade that is thrown :vlol:

sorry for asking, but what does this even mean? last time i checked, "shade" was a visual image created by a solid object blocking light...so how can you "throw" it? :pi:

Quote:

Originally Posted by new_beginnings (Post 6643686)
People sure do like to argue here, don't they? :p

I'm so excited for the special edition guide. The gift that comes with it looks really good. :jmp:

arguing is like the national pasttime for TRF people :) you'll get used to it

i want that necklace so bad, even if it isn't an exact replica. That was one of my official "wishlist" suggestions over at the eidos forums from last year, to have that necklace included somehow. I hope the guide has a concept development seciotn in it like the TRL guide had.

Soul 10-02-13 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJodieG (Post 6644676)
hey guys,
here's a new interview with the german voice actress.
in the end you can see her playing the final(!) build for a few seconds.
you can also see what happens when you fail at the very first QTE.
have fun! :hug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pH5rxdNQi4

Beginning of the video - they introduce themselves: "I'm a big TR fan and have played every part."

Some minutes later - they can ask Norah some questions: "Will Amanda be part of the game?" *facetable* :cen:

Tonyrobinson 10-02-13 19:53

I just had an awful dream last night that I had played the game and it was soooo repetitive and all about shoot outs until the end when her father showed up for no reason ala Amelia in Legend. It was just awful! :vlol:

Only TR lover 10-02-13 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra (Post 6644789)
I'm still amazed at how much has happened since Tomb Raider got announced. I finished school, I turned 18, I've already finished my first term at uni. It's crazy how ****ing long this game has taken to finally get out.

Yeah I know! :D I got my masters degree, got the job, bought the house and got engaged! XD And much more actually! ...turned 26 :yik:

MissJodieG 10-02-13 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul (Post 6644795)
"I'm a big TR fand and have played every part."

some minutes later

"Will Amanda be part of the game?" *facetable* :cen:

She was just joking! (:
She said in another interview that she's only playing Tetris! ;D

Heartache 10-02-13 19:55

he meant that guy who is sitting next to her :D

Weemanply109 10-02-13 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra (Post 6644789)
I'm still amazed at how much has happened since Tomb Raider got announced. I finished school, I turned 18, I've already finished my first term at uni. It's crazy how ****ing long this game has taken to finally get out.

I feel bad for the Raiders that unfortunately passed away during the development period and will never get the chance to see the game in it's final glory. My heart goes out to y'all! <3

Well, maybe it might not be all bad if the game is disastrous. :p

MissJodieG 10-02-13 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartache (Post 6644802)
he meant that guy who is sitting next to her :D

Oh god, I should get some sleep..

Soul 10-02-13 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6644805)
I feel bad for the Raiders that unfortunately passed away during the development period and will never get the chance to see the game in it's final glory. My heart goes out to y'all! <3

Looking at your avatar any longer I might become one of them. :vlol:

@MissJodieG: Yep - I meant "Mert" or whatever he's called. I can forgive asking if ANY of the old characters will play a role (he - as a big TR fan (lolno) - may not know it's a reboot), but why naming AMANDA first? D:

Weemanply109 10-02-13 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul (Post 6644816)
Looking at your avatar any longer I might become one of them. :vlol:

:vlol: If the game sucks then make sure to give it another look. :p

MissJodieG 10-02-13 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul (Post 6644816)
Looking at your avatar any longer I might become one of them. :vlol:

@MissJodieG: Yep - I meant "Mert" or whatever he's called. I can forgive asking if ANY of the old characters will play a role (he - as a big TR fan (lolno) - may not know it's a reboot), but why naming AMANDA first? D:

The funny thing is that he actually mentioned a few minutes earlier that the game is a reboot! ;D

Zebra 10-02-13 20:12

Amanda was not just the first character he mentioned. She was the only character whose name he still knew :p. He sure is a true Tomb Raider fan.

Valentino 10-02-13 20:31

Tomb Raider at #2 behind The Last of Us :D :D

http://www.ign.com/blogs/peer-ign/20...d-games-so-far

edit: i wouldn't bother checking out the comments. No one mentions Tomb Raider, everyones going on abou Uncharted which isn't even in the list and who has the best taste in games. Its really cringy :/

LNSNHGTDS 10-02-13 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul (Post 6644816)
@MissJodieG: Yep - I meant "Mert" or whatever he's called. I can forgive asking if ANY of the old characters will play a role (he - as a big TR fan (lolno) - may not know it's a reboot), but why naming AMANDA first? D:

Amanda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ur Favourites

:ohn: !

pipermaru 10-02-13 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra (Post 6644789)
I'm still amazed at how much has happened since Tomb Raider got announced. I finished school, I turned 18, I've already finished my first term at uni. It's crazy how ****ing long this game has taken to finally get out.

Haha I totally know this feeling. In the day they announced her new face, I was doing an exam for Arts School (I graduate in Journalism, then made some years of Biology, and in 2010 wanted to do Visual Arts). Now I'm almost graduate in Visual Arts too. So much time has passed :o

Rai 10-02-13 21:24

Has this interview with Brian Horton been posted?

Mikky 10-02-13 21:28

It's like if you've read one interview, you've read them all. One of the downsides of following the development of a game so closely.

Soul 10-02-13 21:35

^they can't give new info in every single interview - you're right though.

Chip.de listed TOMB RAIDER as their 3rd most anticipated game of 2013, right behind GTA5 (1st) and Watchdogs.
List with their Top 30: http://www.chip.de/bildergalerie/Spi..._59836430.html (TR is page 55&56)
Video http://www.chip.de/video/Spiele-Prev..._60033705.html
(both in german though)

Mikky 10-02-13 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 5903475)
I really want the Glee cast to do the main theme for this game. :)

Being a bit random here, but I was looking through the first page of this thread and saw this post. I can't help but laugh. I not only find it funny because of how ridiculous it is, but that people actually believed I was being serious. Trolling at it's best. :vlol:

But seriously, I can't believe it's been over a year since then. I remember us all waiting impatiently for that "fun info" in February. :p

Weemanply109 10-02-13 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6645064)
Being a bit random here, but I was looking through the first page of this thread and saw this post. I can't help but laugh. I not only find it funny because of how ridiculous it is, but that people actually believed I was being serious. Trolling at it's best. :vlol:

I remember this, even though I suspected you were trolling, a part of me thought you were being serious aswell.

LNSNHGTDS 10-02-13 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6645064)
Being a bit random here, but I was looking through the first page of this thread and saw this post. I can't help but laugh. I not only find it funny because of how ridiculous it is, but that people actually believed I was being serious. Trolling at it's best. :vlol:

But seriously, I can't believe it's been over a year since then. I remember us all waiting impatiently for that "fun info" in February. :p

:vlol:

I'm glad I never saw that post until now :p !

tr fan 4 ever 10-02-13 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6645064)
I remember us all waiting impatiently for that "fun info" in February. :p

:vlol: I remember that too. What was the "fun" info? News about upcoming news or something like that? :D

Weemanply109 10-02-13 23:01

Seeing Mikky's post and us Raiders reminiscing over the past year's hype. Damn, TRF has been REALLY eventful over the past year, "so much has happened" :p The meltdowns, the accusations, the bitching, fights, bans, ghettos, all of a result of lacking media from TR. We've been bored.

As soon as this game is released, this forum will calm down just like it did after Underworld (well after a few months). :pi:

Mikky 10-02-13 23:01

^ TRF's servers will probably overload on the day of release, though. :vlol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tr fan 4 ever (Post 6645088)
:vlol: I remember that too. What was the "fun" info? News about upcoming news or something like that? :D

I think it was something to do with that geo-caching partnership thing, that never even ended up happening, anyway. :p

TheRCroft 10-02-13 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only TR lover (Post 6644798)
Yeah I know! :D I got my masters degree, got the job, bought the house and got engaged! XD And much more actually! ...turned 26 :yik:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra (Post 6644789)
I'm still amazed at how much has happened since Tomb Raider got announced. I finished school, I turned 18, I've already finished my first term at uni. It's crazy how ****ing long this game has taken to finally get out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipermaru (Post 6644922)
Haha I totally know this feeling. In the day they announced her new face, I was doing an exam for Arts School (I graduate in Journalism, then made some years of Biology, and in 2010 wanted to do Visual Arts). Now I'm almost graduate in Visual Arts too. So much time has passed :o

So much has happened.. *reads in Camilla's voice from the Survivor trailer*

Weemanply109 10-02-13 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRCroft (Post 6645097)
So much has happened.. *reads in Camilla's voice from the Survivor trailer*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6645089)
TRF has been REALLY eventful over the past year, "so much has happened" :p


Bye bitch! :wve:

:p (though I should've wrote *read in camilla's voice* like you did :pi: #Flop)

TheRCroft 10-02-13 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6645101)
Bye bitch! :wve:

:p (though I should've wrote *read in camilla's voice* like you did :pi: #Flop)

I don't care enough about you to read your posts. I always skip your posts, actually. ( good of you to admit <3 )

Btw, I'm having a bit of a problem here: which one is best for you all? The Limited Edition guide or the Art of Survival? I don't know which one to purchase :o

Lara_Fan_33 10-02-13 23:33

Im becoming very interested in the story of the game, I feel like theres a huge portion of the story that has been kept under wraps to avoid the mess that was Underworlds promo. Perhaps Lara discovers sunken ruins or something like that after the whole Sam situation is over. I am so into everything about this game it is so crazy I AM SO EXCITED RGJ2P4UETQEQTNJ;PEFN

KasumiBlosssom 11-02-13 00:09

After reading the posts about how long it's been since TOMB RAIDER was announced really got me thinking about the reality that it has been a long time haha.

Since I have the Tomb Raider collection from Steam I may try to play them all leading up to the release, although I am not very fond of playing LAU with a keyboard :hea:

Anyways, I'm sure this may have been asked before but do you guys plan on searching for as many of the collectibles as you can on your first run through or will you save the searching for afterwards? :o

Rai 11-02-13 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6644964)
It's like if you've read one interview, you've read them all. One of the downsides of following the development of a game so closely.

While there's nothing new about the game, it is an interesting read imo. Brian talks about how he got involved and about the process he went through with the team. As Soul points out, you can't expect new stuff every article. There's not a mention of Batman to be seen :p.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Tomb Raider Forums is not owned or operated by CDE Entertainment Ltd.
Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are trademarks of CDE Entertainment Ltd.