Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' version) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

lcroft_lc 14-03-13 09:43

I shot Vlad in the perfect place:
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9818/larabullseye.jpg
Bulls eye. :p

Heckler 14-03-13 09:43

Anyone notice how 2 of the Russian brothers had American accents... That was kinda dumb...

TippingWater 14-03-13 09:48

TressFx adds an extra layer to the performance :o.

lcroft_lc 14-03-13 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heckler (Post 6703750)
Anyone notice how 2 of the Russian brothers had American accents... That was kinda dumb...

Because CD hired American actors for it as they are very cheap. No extra cost to hire someone from across the world. Simple policy. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6703754)
TressFx adds an extra layer to the performance :o.

You playing it with TressFX on too? AMD? :hug:

Vinkula 14-03-13 09:55

In the Spanish version of the game (playing it thru now), all of the Russians, including Vlad, speaks only Russian. They talk and there comes a "subtitle" "habla en ruso". I like that very much.

TippingWater 14-03-13 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6703757)
You playing it with TressFX on too? AMD? :hug:

Unfortunately no, my machine can't handle all that epicness :(.

EscondeR 14-03-13 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6703757)
Because CD hired American actors for it as they are very cheap. No extra cost to hire someone from across the world. Simple policy. :p

Nope, that's another hollywood cliche :p

AODfan 14-03-13 11:29

Does anyone know if it's possible to deactivate a dlc?
I got the Explorer Pack as pre-order bonus which added the tomb of the lost adventurer and the fast climbing skill but I would like to deactivate the fast climbing skill

Senteliks 14-03-13 12:51

I know i will get very nasty responds... but do i play Lara Croft or Half Cyborg-Human ?Here is explanation why i wrote this:
She was strain very tight upside down for who knows how much time (all blood must had got in her brain... ),but she is able to swing from side to side like Tarzan.Then she fell on spike which penetrate right throw her ribs .... after 1-3 minutes of hitting buttons like crazy on keyboard,she pull out spike and after 15-20 seconds she recover and start walking (but at least it seemed normal since she was breathing heavy barely keep walking),until she fell once than twice than ...... and so on and on and on (i lost track how many times),and suddenly she walks like she never was wounded or fell like 15 times which all of them were deadly falls .... and i think it really pissed me off scene with bear trap.......... i mean really,that kind of trap can rip off human leg like scissors cut paper and she stood up and after 1-2 min she was able to do things that there is no possible way she would be able in her condition ....I wont go any further (thought i could,because i stop playing when i climb up on old radio tower and called for help),and i am seriously considering is this game worth my time any more .. (hopefully i got it as present,so i did not gave my money).

motoleo 14-03-13 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senteliks (Post 6703909)
I know i will get very nasty responds... but do i play Lara Croft or Half Cyborg-Human ?Here is explanation why i wrote this:
She was strain very tight upside down for who knows how much time (all blood must had got in her brain... ),but she is able to swing from side to side like Tarzan.Then she fell on spike which penetrate right throw her ribs .... after 1-3 minutes of hitting buttons like crazy on keyboard,she pull out spike and after 15-20 seconds she recover and start walking (but at least it seemed normal since she was breathing heavy barely keep walking),until she fell once than twice than ...... and so on and on and on (i lost track how many times),and suddenly she walks like she never was wounded or fell like 15 times which all of them were deadly falls .... and i think it really pissed me off scene with bear trap.......... i mean really,that kind of trap can rip off human leg like scissors cut paper and she stood up and after 1-2 min she was able to do things that there is no possible way she would be able in her condition ....I wont go any further (thought i could,because i stop playing when i climb up on old radio tower and called for help),and i am seriously considering is this game worth my time any more .. (hopefully i got it as present,so i did not gave my money).

Play it again.

• She was only upside down for a little bit.

• It didnt go through her ribs. It went through her side.

• The bear trap wasn't spiked. It was just two pieces of steel/metal. think it startled her more than anything.

It's a game. I don't get it. Mario jumps on mushrooms all day. Nobody says anything about that!

EscondeR 14-03-13 12:56

Chill out, it's a video game :wve: Inconsistency in terms of realism is the least important problem they have ;)

Supernova 14-03-13 13:01

I find it very suspicious how there are suddely people making an account just to make a post or two to tell us what's wrong with the game. Banned members, or haters having nothing better to do I wonder?

Scilli 14-03-13 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senteliks (Post 6703909)
I know i will get very nasty responds... but do i play Lara Croft or Half Cyborg-Human ?Here is explanation why i wrote this:
She was strain very tight upside down for who knows how much time (all blood must had got in her brain... ),but she is able to swing from side to side like Tarzan.Then she fell on spike which penetrate right throw her ribs .... after 1-3 minutes of hitting buttons like crazy on keyboard,she pull out spike and after 15-20 seconds she recover and start walking (but at least it seemed normal since she was breathing heavy barely keep walking),until she fell once than twice than ...... and so on and on and on (i lost track how many times),and suddenly she walks like she never was wounded or fell like 15 times which all of them were deadly falls .... and i think it really pissed me off scene with bear trap.......... i mean really,that kind of trap can rip off human leg like scissors cut paper and she stood up and after 1-2 min she was able to do things that there is no possible way she would be able in her condition ....I wont go any further (thought i could,because i stop playing when i climb up on old radio tower and called for help),and i am seriously considering is this game worth my time any more .. (hopefully i got it as present,so i did not gave my money).

U are so right,
they should have enden the game from the point on where she fall down from that tree with the guy and the bow....a wait no. They sould have stopped the game even earlier before that scene where she jumped unrealisticly through a collapsing tunnel...a no i forgot that scene where she fall into that nail from the beginning,...they really should have ended the game there,..it would be so much more fun and realistic.
I guess they never should have made this new Tomb Raider.
A what the....they never should have continoue the hole franchise cause it makes no sense to fight against a T Rex and Gorillas and what not.
And Atlantis,..im sure it exists somewhere....not

I mean after playing this new Tomb Raider they should stop the hole gaming industry cause they realized that it makes no sense to get games out like The Witcher in a Fantasy World, cause Fantasy is Fantasy right..it makes no sense and is very unrealistic. Or heck...all the other games.
Take your pic.

Sry but this time i could not answer differently.
Dont take it too seriously im not mad with you or somehing but see that there will be never ever realistic stuff in a video game,..

lcroft_lc 14-03-13 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6703778)
Unfortunately no, my machine can't handle all that epicness :(.

Don't be sad. At least she called you in the game:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...12739499_n.jpg

Senteliks 14-03-13 13:23

Some people just did not notice my sarcasm... especially mateleo (seriously calm down you will get heart attack).I never take games for serious (and just for bright head i did not say anything is wrong with game.. its just silly).I was surprised how wolf did not broke his tooths when he bit her (the scene with cave when he ambush her on exit),he came so suddenly that i forgot to react,but i what really hit me is how he did manage to bit me and still have all tooths on count :hea:.Just kidding .. but even if this is a game there should be some limits even if you don't want realistic game (especially if this is ,,adventure",and there are some more or less games that try to be ,,realistic" as much as possible).And Witcher was written few years before the first game came out (and that game did not follow book at all it was story for it self,and same was with second game).

NYCL@R@ 14-03-13 13:25

I didn't know Toby Gard was apart of the development.

Lara_Fan1 14-03-13 13:26

They said somewhere in an interview that the bear trap was broken. That's why it didn't hurt her as much as it should.

At the end of the day its a game. It is not real.

Scilli 14-03-13 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senteliks (Post 6703942)
Some people just did not notice my sarcasm... especially mateleo (seriously calm down you will get heart attack).I never take games for serious (and just for bright head i did not say anything is wrong with game.. its just silly).I was surprised how wolf did not broke his tooths when he bit her (the scene with cave when he ambush her on exit),he came so suddenly that i forgot to react,but i what really hit me is how he did manage to bit me and have all still have all tooths on count :hea:.Just kidding .. but even if this is a game there should be some limits even if you don't want realistic game (especially if this is ,,adventure",and there are some more or less games that try to be ,,realistic" as much as possible).And Witcher was written few years before the first game came out (and that game did not follow book at all it was story for it self,and same was with second game).

Sarcasm on both sides.
Made my day.
Have a nice one

Senteliks 14-03-13 13:45

Wrong Forum,

Edit
This post was supposed to be respond to something else,but i did not notice that i am writing here (and i doubled it by accident)

Senteliks 14-03-13 13:46

Wrong forum

Heckler 14-03-13 13:48

LOL. Do you guys think that TRF would be a little more tolerant towards swearing after this game? :vlol:
Pure chaos! :mis:

motoleo 14-03-13 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senteliks (Post 6703942)
Some people just did not notice my sarcasm... especially mateleo (seriously calm down you will get heart attack).I never take games for serious (and just for bright head i did not say anything is wrong with game.. its just silly).I was surprised how wolf did not broke his tooths when he bit her (the scene with cave when he ambush her on exit),he came so suddenly that i forgot to react,but i what really hit me is how he did manage to bit me and still have all tooths on count :hea:.Just kidding .. but even if this is a game there should be some limits even if you don't want realistic game (especially if this is ,,adventure",and there are some more or less games that try to be ,,realistic" as much as possible).And Witcher was written few years before the first game came out (and that game did not follow book at all it was story for it self,and same was with second game).

Oh, well. I guess.

Kuled 14-03-13 14:17

You know, I just realised that those toys you found that belonged to 2 little girls? They were killed in the rituals :(

motoleo 14-03-13 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuled (Post 6704029)
You know, I just realised that those toys you found that belonged to 2 little girls? They were killed in the rituals :(

:eek: :(

Heckler 14-03-13 14:40

I figured as much... Very sad... :(

TRLegendLuver 14-03-13 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCL@R@ (Post 6703946)
I didn't know Toby Gard was apart of the development.

Oh, yeah. He's been part of the production team for awhile now. He was part of Legend, and I believe Anniversary and Underworld (but those two, I'm not completely sure of). He even did an art tribute piece when they did the whole 15 year celebration.

robm_2007 14-03-13 16:22

In the Mountain Village hub, some of the shack's roofs have rope on them, but if you try to use Rope Arrows on them, Lara pulls on them, but nothing happens. Though, there are those hanging crates nearby (that you can pull with the rope arrows and make them swing about). Was the rope on the roof just there to create a swinging momentum (if you are standing on the crates?)

Never figured out what they were for...

Gamd1011 14-03-13 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm_2007 (Post 6704195)
In the Mountain Village hub, some of the shack's roofs have rope on them, but if you try to use Rope Arrows on them, Lara pulls on them, but nothing happens. Though, there are those hanging crates nearby (that you can pull with the rope arrows and make them swing about). Was the rope on the roof just there to create a swinging momentum (if you are standing on the crates?)

Never figured out what they were for...

Yeah I was trying to figure out what they were for too. And you can't actually do that in the game. Which is a shame really, that's something they should implement in the second game.

Kiss-Bite 14-03-13 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm_2007 (Post 6704195)
In the Mountain Village hub, some of the shack's roofs have rope on them, but if you try to use Rope Arrows on them, Lara pulls on them, but nothing happens. Though, there are those hanging crates nearby (that you can pull with the rope arrows and make them swing about). Was the rope on the roof just there to create a swinging momentum (if you are standing on the crates?)

Never figured out what they were for...

You can fire an arrow at them, if you're next to a pole to create an alternative zip line... I used them. ;)

Spong 14-03-13 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm_2007 (Post 6704195)
In the Mountain Village hub, some of the shack's roofs have rope on them, but if you try to use Rope Arrows on them, Lara pulls on them, but nothing happens. Though, there are those hanging crates nearby (that you can pull with the rope arrows and make them swing about). Was the rope on the roof just there to create a swinging momentum (if you are standing on the crates?)

Never figured out what they were for...

They're just anchor points to tie the rope to and use as a zip line when you're up on the cliff ledges (when standing next to one of those posts, obviously). Nothing more sinister than that I'm afraid.

Linoshi Croft 14-03-13 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm_2007 (Post 6704195)
In the Mountain Village hub, some of the shack's roofs have rope on them, but if you try to use Rope Arrows on them, Lara pulls on them, but nothing happens. Though, there are those hanging crates nearby (that you can pull with the rope arrows and make them swing about). Was the rope on the roof just there to create a swinging momentum (if you are standing on the crates?)

Never figured out what they were for...

Me too!

Spong 14-03-13 16:42

I like the fact you can use the rope crates as anchor points as well, I often make a zip line to the crate hanging by the waterfall near the top of the cliff :cool:

robm_2007 14-03-13 16:42

OIC, thanks. I always tried to rope them when I was on the ground level (or on the roofs). Never thought about them being anchor points for somewhere much higher up.

Linoshi Croft 14-03-13 16:52

Where do the scavengers respawn in hubs for god sake, I'm trying to get an achievement and I just can't find any hubs with them in.

Spong 14-03-13 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 6704258)
Where do the scavengers respawn in hubs for god sake, I'm trying to get an achievement and I just can't find any hubs with them in.

Fast travel to the base camp overlooking the north-west of the mountain village (where you meet up with Roth after the radio tower). There's a guy on the path there, there's another couple of guys round the house at the bottom of the first zip line, then head down to the ground level to find another three or four. After they're dead, just use the nearby base camp to fast travel back to where you started.

Linoshi Croft 14-03-13 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6704262)
Fast travel to the base camp overlooking the north-west of the mountain village (where you meet up with Roth after the radio tower). There's a guy on the path there, there's another couple of guys round the house at the bottom of the first zip line, then head down to the ground level to find another three or four. After they're dead, just use the nearby base camp to fast travel back to where you started.

See, I got those before! However, after the scanvergers appeared once in a hub they never seemed to respawn again.

Forcible 14-03-13 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6704262)
Fast travel to the base camp overlooking the north-west of the mountain village (where you meet up with Roth after the radio tower). There's a guy on the path there, there's another couple of guys round the house at the bottom of the first zip line, then head down to the ground level to find another three or four. After they're dead, just use the nearby base camp to fast travel back to where you started.

Yeah, there, and they also respawn in Shanty Town as far as I recall. Although the first time you visit Shanty Town was during the day, I came back during night time and that's when they were there. I don't know if it does make a difference whether you visit the hub during night or day time.

Spong 14-03-13 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 6704270)
See, I got those before! However, after the scanvergers appeared once in a hub they never seemed to respawn again.

Oh right, that's weird. I can't say I've done any grinding for achievements or XP or salvage. Those guys have always been there for me though when I've fast travelled to that base camp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forcible (Post 6704272)
Yeah, there, and they also respawn in Shanty Town as far as I recall. Although the first time you visit Shanty Town was during the day, I came back during night time and that's when they were there. I don't know if it does make a difference whether you visit the hub during night or day time.

Yeah, there's a collection of scavengers who turn up around the entrance gate to the second area of the shanty town. I only took them on once though, the game started suffering really bad framerate issues around that area :(

Forcible 14-03-13 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6704290)
Yeah, there's a collection of scavengers who turn up around the entrance gate to the second area of the shanty town. I only took them on once though, the game started suffering really bad framerate issues around that area :(

I only encountered them once there, although I can't say I was fast traveling multiple times to that area because I purchased all skills and upgraded all weapons so I had no reason to go back there.

Are you playing on pc or 360? Cause I had no famerate issues on PC. :confused:

Yocy 14-03-13 17:31

This may seem completely random but I just thought that the new Lara and Korra are alot alike xD.

They both started out with the basics to become what they are supposed to be in the end. And when the season/game ends they are pretty close to that. They also get alot of physical and emotional pain (lara just a bazilion times more physical pain though xP)
and they both 'grow up' during their journey or w/e you wanna call it. And start to resemble those before them :>


I have no idea why I posted this :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Tomb Raider Forums is not owned or operated by CDE Entertainment Ltd.
Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are trademarks of CDE Entertainment Ltd.