Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider on Mobile (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tomb Raider Reloaded announced (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225361)

UroshUchiha 03-12-20 13:50

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8257728]That section says nothing about being only about main games. It's about any future game or project in development. We had two threads, one in this section and one in that section which I think was fine.

I'm willing to bet when more is revealed someone is going to make a new thread in the future section because there is barely any traffic here at all. Lol[/QUOTE]

From what I understand the forums are split in a way that I described. The first subsection is for main game entries, always was. This one here is for the content I already listed.

Personally, it's all the same to me, I don't understand the issue that certain people have with this, some are pretending like clicking on "Lara Croft and Tomb Raider on Android and iOS" is so much more difficult than clicking on any other link on this website.

Granted I do agree that it's far more interesting to see a thread popup in the "future of TR" section rather than mobile section.

charmedangelin 03-12-20 14:18

We seriously need to talk about that damn previous thread button being directly under the reply button. Had a whole response typed up and gone instantly. :hea:

Anyways

The main points of what I remember typing was

Anniversary wouldn't have a section if it was just purely main entries, it would be a sub forum of legend or TR1

Issues about it being too soon and all that to move

And something else I can't remember. :p

Gian Carlo 03-12-20 15:05

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8257748]We seriously need to talk about that damn previous thread button being directly under the reply button. Had a whole response typed up and gone instantly. :hea:

Anyways

The main points of what I remember typing was

Anniversary wouldn't have a section if it was just purely main entries, it would be a sub forum of legend or TR1

Issues about it being too soon and all that to move

And something else I can't remember. :p[/QUOTE]

But Anniversary is a main entry. It’s not a spin-off nor a mobile game.

charmedangelin 03-12-20 21:33

[QUOTE=Gian Carlo;8257763]But Anniversary is a main entry. It’s not a spin-off nor a mobile game.[/QUOTE]

No it's not, the main entries are Legend and Underworld.

Legend TR7

Anniversary TRA

Underworld TR8

2013 TR9

Rise TR10

Shadow TR11

??? TR12

As you can see, Anniversary is not a main game in the franchise. Its technically a remake of TR1 that happens to be cannon to Legend and Underworld, but as far as main entries go, Anniversary is not included.

killchan 04-12-20 07:53

my quick thought on SE's dualistic approach on the franchise

[youtube]4QMrS4LPtQY[/youtube]

UroshUchiha 04-12-20 09:36

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8257844]No it's not, the main entries are Legend and Underworld.

Legend TR7

Anniversary TRA

Underworld TR8

2013 TR9

Rise TR10

Shadow TR11

??? TR12

As you can see, Anniversary is not a main game in the franchise. Its technically a remake of TR1 that happens to be cannon to Legend and Underworld, but as far as main entries go, Anniversary is not included.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, since when is TRA not a part of the main series? That's news to me cause it was always listed as a main title game, a part of the LAU trilogy and literally a continuation of TRL story wise.

charmedangelin 04-12-20 09:48

[QUOTE=UroshUchiha;8257915]Wait a minute, since when is TRA not a part of the main series? That's news to me cause it was always listed as a main title game, a part of the LAU trilogy and literally a continuation of TRL story wise.[/QUOTE]

It's always been like that, you must not be active around here or the community in general. CD does not consider Anniversary a main entry. Those are how CD categorize the games. You can even google it or check the future section thread about the leaked source code for the next game.

Anniversary is not considered a part of the mainline games. It's a remake of TR1.

Underworld had Natla, but that was only because Eidos pushed for TRA to be included in the LAU trilogy.

Originally it was gonna be

Legend
Underworld
Ascension

Ascension originally was gonna be a sequel to Underworld with a much older Lara. But this was cancelled and was repurposed for Ascension with a younger Lara which was also cancelled and turned into 2013.

Anniversary was always just considered a remake.

Gian Carlo 04-12-20 09:55

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8257844]No it's not, the main entries are Legend and Underworld.

Legend TR7

Anniversary TRA

Underworld TR8

2013 TR9

Rise TR10

Shadow TR11

??? TR12

As you can see, Anniversary is not a main game in the franchise. Its technically a remake of TR1 that happens to be cannon to Legend and Underworld, but as far as main entries go, Anniversary is not included.[/QUOTE]

By that logic RE2 and RE3 remakes are not main titles aswell.

Just because they are retelling of events (even with it’s differences from the original) doesn’t mean they’re not main titles.

TRA is not TR8 but it is a main title. It’s a TR1 remake.

“Oh but it’s not from the same timeline” one could argue. Yes, but neither Legend, Undereworld and the reboot games are, yet the number still rises.

LNSNHGTDS 04-12-20 10:10

Anniversary is not Guardian of Light or GO level of spinoff for sure.

I always considered it a main game in the sense that it supplements the story but I guess it's more of an "extension" of Legend. Kind of like how Final Fantasy X-2 or the VII Remake are mainline games but not mainline numbered games I guess?

UroshUchiha 04-12-20 10:29

Oh I am definitely not as active as you charmedangelin, I mostly stalk and follow certain fan passion projects/mods, rarely participate in threads where you blink and miss a dozen new posts :D

Meh, even on the wiki Anniversary is listed as mainline entry and in several other places I checked. I personally consider it a mainline game regardless of what they may or may not have planned internally.

charmedangelin 04-12-20 15:32

The numbers are the mainline titles as recognized by the developers. Remakes aren't mainline titles nor are they spin offs, they are just that remakes.

Mainline titles are sequels or prequels within the franchise, regardless of whether or not something is a reboot. CD officially recognizes Legend and Underworld as mainline titles, otherwise Anniversary would have been TR8, which it is not.

[QUOTE=Gian Carlo;8257917]By that logic RE2 and RE3 remakes are not main titles aswell.

Just because they are retelling of events (even with it’s differences from the original) doesn’t mean they’re not main titles.

TRA is not TR8 but it is a main title. It’s a TR1 remake.

“Oh but it’s not from the same timeline” one could argue. Yes, but neither Legend, Undereworld and the reboot games are, yet the number still rises.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with timelines, it's by what the developers officially recognize it as.

Capcom and Square may have different ideas for their games, but TR by CD and EM do not recognize it as a mainline title. Otherwise it's internal code would have been TR8.

By this logic Unfinished Business, Golden Mask, and Lost Artifact are mainline titles, but we know they aren't.

LNSNHGTDS 04-12-20 15:41

Since we're on that topic... Crystal also officially recognises LAU Lara as a canon continuation of Classic Lara so... :wve:

charmedangelin 04-12-20 16:08

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;8257969]Since we're on that topic... Crystal also officially recognises LAU Lara as a canon continuation of Classic Lara so... :wve:[/QUOTE]

Not anymore, they've since changed their stance on that.

LNSNHGTDS 04-12-20 16:13

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8257975]Not anymore, they've since changed their stance on that.[/QUOTE]

When?

They stood by it up until the 20th anniversary. What could have changed in the past four years?

Gian Carlo 04-12-20 16:27

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8257963]The numbers are the mainline titles as recognized by the developers. Remakes aren't mainline titles nor are they spin offs, they are just that remakes.

Mainline titles are sequels or prequels within the franchise, regardless of whether or not something is a reboot. CD officially recognizes Legend and Underworld as mainline titles, otherwise Anniversary would have been TR8, which it is not.

It has nothing to do with timelines, it's by what the developers officially recognize it as.

Capcom and Square may have different ideas for their games, but TR by CD and EM do not recognize it as a mainline title. Otherwise it's internal code would have been TR8.

By this logic Unfinished Business, Golden Mask, and Lost Artifact are mainline titles, but we know they aren't.[/QUOTE]

Your logic is flawed. Those are expansions. Just because a game doesn’t have a number in it, it doesn’t mean it’s not a main title.

A remake will always be a main title, since they never officially stated that Anniversary is not. Just that it’s not TR8 (because it’s a prequel).

LNSNHGTDS 04-12-20 16:37

I feel like too much emphasis is being put on what the developers decided to call the games while making them. I can understand why Anniversary could be considered not mainline, without that diminishing the game's story in the context of the trilogy and so on, but at the same time, didn't they start making Underworld right after Legend? They could have already labelled Underworld "Tomb Raider 8" during development but then Eidos told them to make Anniversary do they stopped bothering with the numbering, which wasn't properly in use ever since 1999 anyway.

charmedangelin 04-12-20 16:39

[QUOTE=Gian Carlo;8257979]Your logic is flawed. Those are expansions. Just because a game doesn’t have a number in it, it doesn’t mean it’s not a main title.

A remake will always be a main title, since they never officially stated that Anniversary is not. Just that it’s not TR8 (because it’s a prequel).[/QUOTE]

Yes it does actually mean it.

No it won't, a remake is a remake of a main title, but it's not a main title in the line of games within the franchise. Prequels are main titles, Beyond 2 is a prequel and it's the second game I that franchise.

Anniversary is not a main title, it's budget wasn't given AAA development cost because it was a niche project.

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;8257981]I feel like too much emphasis is being put on what the developers decided to call the games while making them. I can understand why Anniversary could be considered not mainline, without that diminishing the game's story in the context of the trilogy and so on, but at the same time, didn't they start making Underworld right after Legend? They could have already labelled Underworld "Tomb Raider 8" during development but then Eidos told them to make Anniversary do they stopped bothering with the numbering, which wasn't properly in use ever since 1999 anyway.[/QUOTE]
Yes indeed, CD was told to make Anniversary during conceptual planning of Underworld. That's even more reason as to why it isn't a main line title. Anniversary didn't have the same budget as Legend and Underworld, it wasn't planned as an entry in the trilogy, and the details from Anniversary were forced in Underworld by Eidos.

However CD does not consider it a main title and that holds weight as 2013 and Rise continue the numbering system because they are considered the main titles.

Gian Carlo 05-12-20 01:39

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8257982]Yes it does actually mean it.

No it won't, a remake is a remake of a main title, but it's not a main title in the line of games within the franchise. Prequels are main titles, Beyond 2 is a prequel and it's the second game I that franchise.

Anniversary is not a main title, it's budget wasn't given AAA development cost because it was a niche project.[/QUOTE]

It still is a main title unless CD states otherwise. And it’s not moving away from the main section of this forum.

charmedangelin 06-12-20 01:43

[QUOTE=Gian Carlo;8258120]It still is a main title unless CD states otherwise. And it’s not moving away from the main section of this forum.[/QUOTE]

CD already don't consider it a main title. It would have been TR8 otherwise.

Cezar 06-12-20 14:20

It's so obvious that TRA IS a main game of the series, a part of Legend trilogy. Lack of the number in the working title doesn't mean that TRA isn't a main game. Of course it is.

And I've explained in this forum before why TRA doesn't have a number. Because Crystal Dynamics started to work on Underworld when Legend was finishing, so the working title of TR8 was already used. Then they were asked to make a remake of TR1. They didn't call it TR8 because this working title was already given to other project.

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;8257981] didn't they start making Underworld right after Legend? They could have already labelled Underworld "Tomb Raider 8" during development but then Eidos told them to make Anniversary [/QUOTE]

YES! This is exactly what happened around 2006 :) And this is the main reason why TRA doesn't have a number but in the same time it's a part of main series.

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8258303]CD already don't consider it a main title. It would have been TR8 otherwise.[/QUOTE]

This is not true. You can ask CD if you want and they will tell you that TRA is a main game. Look at the OFFICIAL book "20 years of Tomb Raider". TRA is of course in the chapter of MAIN GAMES.

Mikky 06-12-20 18:08

Anyway. I wonder if we'll see more of Reloaded at the Game Awards. I know it's not one of the huge games but I'm sure a few mobile games will be shown there anyway, so it's possible.

dcw123 07-12-20 12:23

[QUOTE=killchan;8257905]my quick thought on SE's dualistic approach on the franchise

[youtube]4QMrS4LPtQY[/youtube][/QUOTE]

This ^

Trying to use Classic Lara and classic fans to fall back on - because they messed up on Avengers.

I just pray this does really really well and S.E change their minds somehow.
LC Go did very well.. that should have been an indicator - and we never got a sequel.

I honestly don't think another reboot game would be viable .. something needs to change.
Give Lara to another developer if needs be.

Tombraider95 07-12-20 13:58

I don't think they've done this mobile game because The Avengers flopped. This would have been planned all year either way.

Chamayoo 10-12-20 06:23

Well here some footage already. :o

[youtube]B6ZaYyula_M[/youtube]

Joey79100 10-12-20 07:11

:vlol:
I had [I]very[/I] low expectations. But it [I]still[/I] wasn't low enough. Oh boy.

Classic Lara is nothing more than a milk machine for Square. Classic fans wanted classic Lara, classic TR elements, etc? Well Square listened to you guys!

But they were playing "Corrupt a wish". :D

Cezar 10-12-20 07:34

[QUOTE=Chamayoo;8259310]Well here some footage already. :o

[youtube]B6ZaYyula_M[/youtube][/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAH xDDDD

[url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.squareenix.oko&hl=en&gl=ph[/url]

CroftEmi 10-12-20 08:09

I don't like the looks, but I like the idea of a new classic Tomb Raider. Dont't really play on mobile but it might be worth a try.

UroshUchiha 10-12-20 09:21

Wait that's it? I thought this was a meme video at first.
Wow, this game is dead on arrival for me after this clip.

leoarcie 10-12-20 09:33

Dude... This is horrible :vlol:

klona 10-12-20 09:48

hopeless

i truly believe we are in the worst case scenario

ivaneiroX 10-12-20 09:58

I've been playing some and it's honestly not horrible but not what I was hoping for :/

charmedangelin 10-12-20 10:16

2020 wishes she could abort this travesty.

ThirteenCroft 10-12-20 10:33

Is that a joke? I just woke up and it looks like I should go back to sleep :confused:

TR FAN 18 10-12-20 10:38

That is not Tomb Raider at all! It's just a generic top-down shooter with Lara Croft stamped on it.
Not to mention all the usual microtransactions and lootbox crap!

bekim 10-12-20 10:51

That looks completly treacherous. Im kinda hurt.

But that will be my only 'hate' comment hopefully. I will not bother playing or ever elaborating on this over the forums.

VictorXD 10-12-20 11:16

^ That's such a healthy reply for TRF. I don't like it. [COLOR="White"]jk love <3[/COLOR]

Yuki Senoue 10-12-20 11:34

Oh my, we got super powerful phones nowadays and that's the best they come with? Oh my.

I had no expectations and I'm still disappointed.

Maaaaaybe I'll play it in bluestacks to get some screens of the Scion, that's my favorite artifact ever.

RAID 10-12-20 11:41

Is this a joke? Are they now mocking the classics?

ESCachuli 10-12-20 12:04

I liked the art style in the trailer but the gameplay is atrocious.

Strayyy_ 10-12-20 12:07

[quote=chamayoo;8259310]well here some footage already. :o

[youtube]b6zayyula_m[/youtube][/quote]

lmfaoooooooksd