www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Nerdy 15-08-18 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by witek86 (Post 7949905)
Legally, Square Enix owns the franchise. Someone can wake up tomorrow and decide to give TR to another studio, just like Eidos did after AoD with Core and Crystal Dynamics.

Thank you

Aikon 15-08-18 13:02

I mean, before wanting Crystal back or Eidos to keep doing Tomb Raider....we should probably play the game first.

iWANEX 15-08-18 13:16

Honestly, I don't think is fair to dismiss CD just because EM is bringing classic stuff back. We don't even know how much freedom EM had with Shadow or how much CD was involved in this. Not only that, but as much as the white ledges are gone, Lara is having a companion now and the places she visits are full of people but nobody seems to care now for some odd reason. I don't see many people screaming ISOLATIOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!! these days. At least not like back in the day when CD introduced Zip and Alister, which is super ironic. So yeah, EM seem to be doing a good job overall although they are clearly not a studio that is good with the presentation of the game: amateurish skill tree, buggy animations, average textures, etc.

CD is already being trashed while EM is being praised for something we haven't even experienced yet. Why don't we wait and see what EM does with the story? Everything seems to point to a very good one so far but we haven't played it yet and we might end up being super disappointed. If anything and if you ask me, I think both studios work better together.

I wish CD all the luck if they decide not to continue with TR. They deserve some respect and major props for their amazing talent and for keeping this franchise alive.

They also deserve a better fandom.

spyrostr 15-08-18 13:27

^ preach ;)

ESCachuli 15-08-18 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7949916)
Honestly, I don't think is fair to dismiss CD just because EM is bringing classic stuff back. We don't even know how much freedom EM had with Shadow or how much CD was involved in this. Not only that, but as much as the white ledges are gone, Lara is having a companion now and the places she visits are full of people but nobody seems to care now for some odd reason. I don't see many people screaming ISOLATIOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!! these days. At least not like back in the day when CD introduced Zip and Alister, which is super ironic. So yeah, EM seem to be doing a good job overall although they are clearly not a studio that is good with the presentation of the game: amateurish skill tree, buggy animations, average textures, etc.

CD is already being trashed while EM is being praised for something we haven't even experienced yet. Why don't we wait and see what EM does with the story? Everything seems to point to a very good one so far but we haven't played it yet and we might end up being super disappointed. If anything and if you ask me, I think both studios work better together.

I wish CD all the luck if they decide not to continue with TR. They deserve some respect and major props for their amazing talent and for keeping this franchise alive.

They also deserve a better fandom.

Buggy animation? The ones inherited from previous games are the ugly ones tbh.

AshesBorn 15-08-18 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESCachuli (Post 7949919)
Buggy animation? The ones inherited from previous games are the ugly ones tbh.

I was about to say that. A lot of the janky animations come from TReboot/ROTTR or date all the way back to TRU.

Also, I happen to like the skill tree.

biscuits 15-08-18 13:32

I think Crystal leaving is a good thing tbh. Their relationship with this fandom is awful

I want EM to ditch Tomb Raider and make another Deus Ex.

JoelCaesar 15-08-18 13:33

The most eye jarring thing for me is the way the enemy teleports to Lara's position when doing a takedown. And also the extreme overuse of the same animations.

Mani_Man 15-08-18 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7949921)
I think Crystal leaving is a good thing tbh. Their relationship with this fandom is awful

Excuse me what? This makes it sound like the Fandom is not the problem...and if you believe that, then i dont know under which stone you lived.
No relationship with this fandom can be good because this fandom is as awful as it gets to begin with.

If one thing is the clear problem in all this, then its the Toxic TR fandom.

Legends 15-08-18 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7949921)

I'm not sure it's a 'good' thing. They are still actually pretty great at what they do, but they haven't gotten everything right over the years. It's certainly not their talent as developers that's the problem, it's what to do with it. I'm always gonna love them for Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. I hate that Underworld didn't turn out better storywise, but it's a classic now after 10 years. Crystal Dynamics' logo reminds me so much of Tomb Raider Legend, and I have such positive affiliations with that game so always when i see their logo I want them to do good. That's why I hate that the reboot isn't as good as it can be.

I wonder what they specifically did in Shadow though.