Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Lily.J 06-07-18 22:49

[QUOTE="Grimaldi"]I like when Lara snaps at Jacob, I just wish she didn’t apologise right afterwards. That bit of dismissive sass was perfect. [/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="just*raidin*tomb"]Yes that was a really good moment. I love when that sass surfaces but its so rare. [/QUOTE]

Hmm, I did not like it at all. This disdainful tone, extremely forced, was useless to the fact that it was evident the second Jacob began to speak, that he was inoffensive. Crysal don't stopped to try to make us puzzled by putting big shots on Jacob's ambiguous head to question us about his motives, but the rhythm of the story made too obvious the appearance of a trusting ally to infiltrate the lands of the descendants of the prophet for me. :(

I kept repeating on my screen: Lara, stop ... He's not mean. Trust him. Calm down and do what I tell you. Please. :rolleyes: :p

AntRaidsTombs 06-07-18 22:50

[QUOTE=Grimaldi;7922546]I like when Lara snaps at Jacob, I just wish she didn’t apologise right afterwards. That bit of dismissive sass was perfect.[/QUOTE]

Me too, she has the sass in her! I want to see more

just*raidin*tomb 06-07-18 22:52

I don't agree. She was smart and right not to trust him. She has no idea who he is. And I personally still didn't trust him until near the end.

biscuits 06-07-18 22:55

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;7922560]I don't agree. She was smart and right not to trust him. She has no idea who he is. And I personally still didn't trust him until near the end.[/QUOTE]

You also have to consider that she just found out that her stepmom, whom she trusted for years just betrayed her.

Ahmier 06-07-18 22:59

[QUOTE=Lily.J;7922557]Hmm, I did not like it at all. This disdainful tone, extremely forced, was useless to the fact that it was evident the second Jacob began to speak, that he was inoffensive. Crysal don't stopped to try to make us puzzled by putting big shots on Jacob's ambiguous head to question us about his motives, but the rhythm of the story made too obvious the appearance of a trusting ally to infiltrate the lands of the descendants of the prophet for me. :(

I kept repeating on my screen: Lara, stop ... He's not mean. Trust him. Calm down and do what I tell you. Please. :rolleyes: :p

.[/QUOTE]

I like that Lara was a bit cold to him. She didn’t know his intentions. Plus it was a bit sassy which I liked.

It’s predictable that he’s an ally though bc the writing is a bit well easy aha. It’s one of those cases where the audience knows what’s going on and we just want the character to figure it out already :p

Grimaldi 06-07-18 23:01

[quote=Lily.J]Hmm, I did not like it at all. This disdainful tone, extremely forced, was useless to the fact that it was evident at the second where Jacob began to speak, that he was inoffensive.[/quote]

It was the opposite of forced to me, a natural response to someone trying to get something from her, having just been exposed to Ana’s lies. You say it was clear Jacob could be trusted, but she thought that about Ana, so we see her keeping herself guarded.

I wish she didn’t fall under Jacob’s spell so easily, maybe show her resisting and him being taken aback by it, showing he could sway whole armies effortlessly, but Lara Croft proves to be too damn stubborn. :p

jajay119 06-07-18 23:01

I just didn’t like the attempted C-bomb. Far too crass for someone who should still have a good level of decorum. It ruined the whole scene for me.

Lily.J 06-07-18 23:05

[QUOTE]She has no idea who he is. And I personally still didn't trust him until near the end. [/QUOTE]

Well, I find it unfortunate to have been able to predict who he was from the beginning to the end. :(

[QUOTE]You also have to consider that she just found out that her stepmom, whom she trusted for years just betrayed her. [/QUOTE]

As a spectator, my emotional connection to Anna was relatively close to zero. I felt absolutely nothing during this betrayal. While Lara, her, was apparently in roller coasters.

Error96 06-07-18 23:09

[QUOTE=Lily.J;7922517] I almost left the game for calm down myself in a corner when Lara began to swear hysterically in front of Anna, without having any cold blood. I was chocked to see "Lara Croft" being as… Impolite, predictable, or ordinary.[/QUOTE]

That capture scene made me cringe, cringe and cringe some more even toping the Chronicles Pierre one as the worst in the entire series. I didn't feel sorry for Lara what-so-ever just looked down on her crazy swearing ranting and think seriously Lara have some dignity. I felt angry at Lara rather Anna and was just happy when it was over. When I replay Rise I always skip that scene.

[QUOTE=Grimaldi;7922572]I wish she didn’t fall under Jacob’s spell so easily, maybe show her resisting and him being taken aback by it, showing he could sway whole armies effortlessly, but Lara Croft proves to be too damn stubborn. :p[/QUOTE]

It was strange how in 2013 she was so open to trusting people even ignoring her clear suspicions and I quite like how now she acts on them with Jacob and maybe this will be a big part of Shadow that she can't trust and may get herself into fights by pushing people away.

jajay119 06-07-18 23:12

That’s the problem with CD’s story telling in this reboot, and in truth earlier too, they want these really impactful moments but they do nothing to build them up a lot of the time or jeapodise them in some way. Roth is really the only well executed character with whom we were supposed to share a bond and actually did when a bad thing happened. Jonah could be effective but it will be marred by the kidnapping in Rise... which was in itself another failed attempt because it felt much more like an effort to drag the game out rather than a natural story element.