www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

FanosCroft 12-07-18 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 (Post 7925499)
Yes, I have seen the comparision. Most probably, the game wasn't played on PS4 Pro, but on base PS4. But I'm scared anyway.

Oh well, there always are the 3 graphical options...and I can change my TV's settings to make that filter disappear :P

Maybe that's just how the gameplay was recorded. I'm looking forward to buy a PS4 pro or an Xbox X, but that's a little expensive. Does Rise of the Tomb Raider has a big difference in graphical fidelity between Enriched visuals and 60fps mode?

witek86 12-07-18 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 (Post 7925482)
Just because people complains about it, doesn't mean that is true.

I Agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7925480)
If you think there's nothing wrong with the colors in the last 2 games, you should check the infinite complaints about them being too grey-ish and boring in terms of colors.
Yes Grim!

You totally missed the point of my reply. What I'm saying is that you can't expect artists to use a warm color palette for a place covered in snow. That's just the way it is, the same way you can't expect to see many cold colors in a desert settings (In Rise it wasn't a pure-desertic area, as we had vegetation, water, but you could feel the warmth thanks to the colors they used, the same way you could feel the cold thanks to the color they used for the Siberian levels).

You can say "I don't like the setting, there was too much snow and ice in the game" (It's an opinion - I would have loved to see more locations too), but you can't say "Colors are boring", because colors must reflect a specific setting: you can't use warm colors to depict a cold settings, it simply doesn't make sense (and this is a fact).

LuckyEdge10 12-07-18 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7925501)
Maybe that's just how the gameplay was recorded. I'm looking forward to buy a PS4 pro or an Xbox X, but that's a little expensive. Does Rise of the Tomb Raider has a big difference in graphical fidelity between Enriched visuals and 60fps mode?

Big differences? No. Enriched visuals enhances graphics, but not that much.

The unlocked frame-rate mode is the best, but mostly, frame-rate goes around 45 fps.

Grimaldi 12-07-18 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by witek86
but you can't say "Colors are boring", because colors must reflect a specific setting: you can't use warm colors to depict a cold settings, it simply doesn't make sense (and this is a fact).

No one was asking for warm colours in Rise, just variation. They used cold colours beautifully in the Glacial Caverns and lit up Kitezh with an eerie blue glow from the ice, but for most of the game they werenít that creative, falling back on unexciting mountains of white, brown and grey.

Itís true they have only so much to work with using Siberia as a setting, but itís their job to keep it interesting to look at, which it wasnít.

Daring Do 12-07-18 15:07

I feel like people forget that Lara herself is part of the color palette. People talk about how RotTR is full of browns and grays, but seem to ignore the fact that Lara wore a bright red coat, had red climbing axes, and had a neon orange glow stick on her butt. Did she lose her contrast a lot when she got the remnant jacket? Yes and I personally felt it wasnít the best choice to go, BUT she still at least had her axes and glow stick. Not to mention she also wore a cool gray tank top and had a neon blue glow stick on her butt in Syria for more contrast.

just*raidin*tomb 13-07-18 01:39

Anyone else notice how heavy Lara's eye shadow is in the cutscene before she puts on her hood?

It looks so good on her tbh.

Mr GaGa 13-07-18 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 (Post 7925490)
12th. I pre-ordered it at GameStop.

Ok so gamestop will be releasing the game on the 12th to people who pre ordered the game?

Princess_Paige 13-07-18 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 7925843)
Anyone else notice how heavy Lara's eye shadow is in the cutscene before she puts on her hood?

Yes! I love it, it looks so good :)

Vaskito 13-07-18 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 7925843)

I adore it. I adore when Lara uses dark eye makeup. One of the reasons I love AOD Lara visual

just*raidin*tomb 13-07-18 01:53

I mean I don't know how I feel about the idea of Lara wearing makeup. But homegirl is looking so fresh!! Oh my God. :admles: