Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Lukass 13-06-18 09:58

[QUOTE=Grizzly Bear;7905074]Is there a thread about DLC? Be cause I can't find any...[/QUOTE]

There isn't, because they haven't announced any, yet, so it would be pointless to create a thread.

LuckyEdge10 13-06-18 10:01

[quote=b.gluch;7904750]did you guys notice how there wasn't any reticle when lara was aiming her bow? I'm guessing it's on hard difficulty since there also wasn't a prompt to set off the trap. This will be a bitch during combat.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/txb1kih.jpg[/img][/quote]

this is awesome!

TheShadowOfMe 13-06-18 10:09

I honestly hope we'll meet the head of Trinity, the mysterious voice. If they don't do it in Shadow, then we might fight against Trinity in the next game too. But that wouldn't make sense IMO.

Also, I've read somewhere that Shadow was rated T? Is that true?

LuckyEdge10 13-06-18 10:12

[QUOTE=TheShadowOfMe;7905091]I honestly hope we'll meet the head of Trinity, the mysterious voice. If they don't do it in Shadow, then we might fight against Trinity in the next game too. But that wouldn't make sense IMO.

Also, I've read somewhere that Shadow was rated T? Is that true?[/QUOTE]

The developers already confirmed that Shadow will mark the end of Trinity and daddy issues.

And we will find out who killed Ana at the end of Rise.

TheShadowOfMe 13-06-18 10:13

[QUOTE=LuckyEdge10;7905092]The developers already confirmed that Shadow will mark the end of Trinity and daddy issues.

And we will find out who killed Ana at the end of Rise.[/QUOTE]

I've heard about daddy, but now I'm even more happy. I cannot wait to see who killed Ana and who's giving the instructions. :jmp:

Lukass 13-06-18 10:14

[QUOTE=TheShadowOfMe;7905094]I've heard about daddy, but now I'm even more happy. I cannot wait to see who killed Ana and who's giving the instructions. :jmp:[/QUOTE]

Richard Croft. :pi:

LuckyEdge10 13-06-18 10:15

[quote=lukass;7905095]richard croft. :pi:[/quote]

inception

OrangeFr3ak 13-06-18 10:16

Will Lara finally be able to fish with a bow? I mean it’s been done in real life too!

Lukass 13-06-18 10:18

[QUOTE=OrangeFr3ak;7905099]Will Lara finally be able to fish with a bow? I mean it’s been done in real life too![/QUOTE]

Why would she do that? :confused:

2001LC20 13-06-18 10:20

[QUOTE=Lukass;7905102]Why would she do that? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Just look at his avatar! Lol

TheShadowOfMe 13-06-18 10:20

[QUOTE=Lukass;7905095]Richard Croft. :pi:[/QUOTE]

:pi:

I'd say it's Jonah. Where was he during that scene with Lara and Ana? Lara trusts him, therefore he's able to give informations to Trinity. He's Ana's killer, but not head of Trinity. :pi: Also, when Konstantin stabbed him, it was all part of a plan, and Jonah didn't kill him because they were working together. It's not like Jonah never killed anyone, so why would he spare Konstantin especially when he knew that Konstantin would kill Lara?!
So yeah, Jonah is working for Trinity. :pi:

LuckyEdge10 13-06-18 10:20

To...survive, maybe? :vlol:

TheShadowOfMe 13-06-18 10:21

[QUOTE=TheShadowOfMe;7905105]:pi:

I'd say it's Jonah. Where was he during that scene with Lara and Ana? Lara trusts him, therefore he's able to give informations to Trinity. He's Ana's killer, but not head of Trinity. :pi: Also, when Konstantin stabbed him, it was all part of a plan, and Jonah didn't kill him because they were working together. It's not like Jonah never killed anyone, so why would he spare Konstantin especially when he knew that Konstantin would kill Lara?!
So yeah, Jonah is working for Trinity. :pi:[/QUOTE]

@Lukass this ended up on the previous page. It's a long post and deserves to be seen. :vlol:

Lukass 13-06-18 10:21

You might be on to something? :eek:

Mani_Man 13-06-18 10:22

Crafting? Maybe you can craft blowdarts or so out of Fish bones.XD :D

LuckyEdge10 13-06-18 10:22

When Ana died, Jonah was doing his plastic surgery.

TheShadowOfMe 13-06-18 10:23

[QUOTE=Lukass;7905110]You might be on to something? :eek:[/QUOTE]

I was just joking, but it could make sense. Camila said the ending is haunting. :pi: But the voice asking mysterious voice if he should kill Lara doesn't sound like Jonah.

Lukass 13-06-18 10:32

[QUOTE=TheShadowOfMe;7905115]I was just joking, but it could make sense. Camila said the ending is haunting. :pi: But the voice asking mysterious voice if he should kill Lara doesn't sound like Jonah.[/QUOTE]

Also, do you remember the scene from Croft manor in Rise when the Trinity guy attacked Lara? Jonah just let him go. He grabed the vase, but he did nothing, he was so slow with the action. :pi:

TheShadowOfMe 13-06-18 10:39

[QUOTE=Lukass;7905122]Also, do you remember the scene from Croft manor in Rise when the Trinity guy attacked Lara? Jonah just let him go. He grabed the vase, but he did nothing, he was so slow with the action. :pi:[/QUOTE]

Oh my God, I forgot about that. :pi: Maybe Jonah didn't kill Ana, but I'm almost sure he's working for Trinity.

Vaskito 13-06-18 10:40

[QUOTE=TheShadowOfMe;7905115]I was just joking, but it could make sense. Camila said the ending is haunting. :pi: But the voice asking mysterious voice if he should kill Lara doesn't sound like Jonah.[/QUOTE]

If somehow Jonah was affiliated with Trinity, I do think it would absolutely turn a switch off in Lara, and she would turn into a cold-hearted bitch from that point on

Lukass 13-06-18 10:44

[QUOTE=Vaskito;7905131]If somehow Jonah was affiliated with Trinity, I do think it would absolutely turn a switch off in Lara, and she would turn into a cold-hearted bitch from that point on[/QUOTE]

That's what I would like. I think this game story will leave us all in shock.

TheShadowOfMe 13-06-18 10:44

[QUOTE=Vaskito;7905131]If somehow Jonah was affiliated with Trinity, I do think it would absolutely turn a switch off in Lara, and she would turn into a cold-hearted bitch from that point on[/QUOTE]

That's the point. She'll end up exploring on her own, and she won't have to explain anything to anyone ("You have to trust me" :pi:).

Lukass 13-06-18 10:44

Jonah Maiava is the bitch in this game. Mark my words. :pi:

LuckyEdge10 13-06-18 10:48

Guys, am I wrong or didn't the developers tell us the surprise yet? Melonie said that it's just a little surprise, but I want to know it...

TheShadowOfMe 13-06-18 10:52

[QUOTE=Lukass;7905136]Jonah Maiava is the bitch in this game. Mark my words. :pi:[/QUOTE]

Imagine if theory of Jonah sacrificing himself was true, but instead Lara finds another way to stop the Apocalypse, saves Jonah and everything's shiny and beautiful. But THEN, head of Trinity expose Jonah and tells Lara who he really is, and Lara kills both of them in cold blood. :pi:

Linoshi Croft 13-06-18 10:52

[QUOTE=LuckyEdge10;7905138]Guys, am I wrong or didn't the developers tell us the surprise yet? Melonie said that it's just a little surprise, but I want to know it...[/QUOTE]

Is it not the white ledges thing? :ponder:

It would... but I dunno, would Jonah really do that? Plus, why send the Trinity guy to kill Lara and steal her research in Rise when Jonah could of just told Trinity himself? Furthermore, Jonah could of easily killed Lara himself by now.

Vaskito 13-06-18 10:57

[QUOTE=Linoshi Croft;7905141]
It would... but I dunno, would Jonah really do that? Plus, why send the Trinity guy to kill Lara and steal her research in Rise when Jonah could of just told Trinity himself? Furthermore, Jonah could of easily killed Lara himself by now.[/QUOTE]

I hope not. I like him, and I like he's her family, and her moral compass. As long as they don't overdo him, I'm okay with him appearing in the games

jackoimina 13-06-18 11:20

I'm slowly starting to like Jonah plus he's the only other actual character in TR so I hope he doesn't turn bad - I'd like to see him die if that's neccessary for Lara's full transformation into a cold loner tomb raider persona (we saw all other somewhat developed characters die for this purpose so we're used to it by now lol) but die as a good guy. But best option would probably be to not turn agains her by the end of shadow but simply turn away from what she's become so later he isn't around anymore and they're not speaking even though he does care about her and vice versa idk I'd prefer smth like that

WWETombRaider 13-06-18 12:04

[QUOTE=Lukass;7905088]There isn't, because they haven't announced any, yet, so it would be pointless to create a thread.[/QUOTE]

Yup. The first round of DLC packs gets announced like a month after the game releases. IIRC, it's one pack per month all the way up to April.

NoahCrofRaider 13-06-18 13:23

[QUOTE=Vaskito;7905146]I hope not. I like him, and I like he's her family, and her moral compass. As long as they don't overdo him, I'm okay with him appearing in the games[/QUOTE]

This. Jonah has grown to be a big and enjoyable part in the reboot universe imo. If they give them some space, but he still sticks around, I’d be happy in that regard.

Lukass 13-06-18 13:43

[QUOTE=TheShadowOfMe;7905140]:pi:

Imagine if theory of Jonah sacrificing himself was true, but instead Lara finds another way to stop the Apocalypse, saves Jonah and everything's shiny and beautiful. But THEN, head of Trinity expose Jonah and tells Lara who he really is, and Lara kills both of them in cold blood. :pi:[/QUOTE]

I would really love that.

Grizzly Bear 13-06-18 13:44

I bet he will become the next Zip/Alister (I hope a little less talkative:D).

TheShadowOfMe 13-06-18 15:01

[QUOTE=Lukass;7905257]I would really love that.[/QUOTE]

~~~~

Since we're all talking about Jonah now, I hate him more than ever now. Jonah is one big damsel in distress, bigger than Sam was IMO. In Rise, he carried Atlas to Ana and Konstantin, I mean, isn't that extremely stupid? TBH, he could drop that Atlas on the floor and not hold it tight. He KNEW where they would take him. So yeah, he's not so bright.

In Shadow he's arguing with Lara about what she is doing. Yeah, he's her best friend and cares about her, but let her do what she likes to do and that's adrenaline rush and discovering things. She loves danger. Plus, in Shadow he'll help her in a tomb, I don't need that. *eye-roll*

I won't be surprised if we'll have to save his useless ass once again. :facepalm:

AimlessThunder 13-06-18 15:04

[QUOTE=TheShadowOfMe;7905348]:pi:

~~~~

Since we're all talking about Jonah now, I hate him more than ever now. Jonah is one big damsel in distress, bigger than Sam was IMO. In Rise, he carried Atlas to Ana and Konstantin, I mean, isn't that extremely stupid? So yeah, he's not so bright.

In Shadow he's arguing with Lara about what she is doing. Yeah, he's her best friend and cares about her, but let her do what she likes to do and that's adrenaline rush and discovering things. She loves danger. Plus, in Shadow he'll help her in a tomb, I don't need that. *eye-roll*

I won't be surprised if we'll have to save his useless ass once again. :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

I hope that he's a double agent! I really do. That would explain why he carried the Atlas. I mean they could have easily shot him and Konstantin could have ended him on the spot. Lara's a lone wolf.

just*raidin*tomb 13-06-18 15:07

I definitely don't want Jonah to be be affiliated with Trinity. That would be so predictable, especially since Anna was also. We don't repeat story beats. And I don't want to feel like I have to save him either.

I love Jonah and if he turns on Lara then so be it but he should not have been affiliated with Trinity the whole time. That just would not make any sense. Plus Lara needs one good friend. Lol and I actually really like Jonah. Plus why would Constantine try to kill him?

iWANEX 13-06-18 15:09

~~~~

Since we're all talking about Jonah now, I hate him more than ever now. Jonah is one big damsel in distress, bigger than Sam was IMO. In Rise, he carried Atlas to Ana and Konstantin, I mean, isn't that extremely stupid? So yeah, he's not so bright.

I won't be surprised if we'll have to save his useless ass once again. :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

1. What does "carrying the atlas to Ana and Konstantin" mean? I don't think that happened. He took the Atlas to protect it and a Trinity soldier captured him. He also punched a couple of soldiers and saved Lara from dying right before that.
2. Seems like you didn't understand the scene from Shadow at all. :confused:

He's a little useless as a character (I'm sure Shadow will fix that) but he did some cool things in previous games. I personally like him a lot and I can't wait to see how the try to give him more depth this time around. It's about time this franchise takes care of its secondary characters.

Rai 13-06-18 15:09

~~~~

[/QUOTE]

What do you mean, Jonah carried the Atlas to Ana and Konstantin? Lara found it, then took it to the observatory where Jonah was captured, because Trinity tracked Lara down. How is that his fault?

[Quote]In Shadow he's arguing with Lara about what she is doing. Yeah, he's her best friend and cares about her, but let her do what she likes to do and that's adrenaline rush and discovering things. She loves danger. Plus, in Shadow he'll help her in a tomb, I don't need that. *eye-roll*

In the scene I've seen, he questions her motives, then her priorities for going after Trinity rather than staying where they are to help the locals with this disaster that's happened. I don't see anything wrong in that. Lara isn't always in the right.

Well, we don't know. I wouldn't say he's on the same level as Sam when it comes to being rescued. :pi:. I'd argue he's also been very useful, especially if we consider the comics.

TheShadowOfMe 13-06-18 15:11

[QUOTE=AimlessThunder;7905350]I hope that he's a double agent! I really do. That would explain why he carried the Atlas. I mean they could have easily shot him and Konstantin could have ended him on the spot. Lara's a lone wolf.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;7905352]I definitely don't want Jonah to be be affiliated with Trinity. That would be so predictable, especially since Anna was also. We don't repeat story beats. And I don't want to feel like I have to save him either.

I love Jonah and if he turns on Lara then so be it but he should not have been affiliated with Trinity the whole time. That just would not make any sense. Plus Lara needs one good friend. Lol and I actually really like Jonah. Plus why would Constantine try to kill him?[/QUOTE]

To answer your question (Quoting myself from few previous pages): Also, when Konstantin stabbed him, it was all part of a plan, and Jonah didn't kill him because they were working together. It's not like Jonah never killed anyone, so why would he spare Konstantin especially when he knew that Konstantin would kill Lara?! (Here's part of my theory about Jonah/Trinity: [url]http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557&page=602[/url] ).

[QUOTE=Rai;7905358]What do you mean, Jonah carried the Atlas to Ana and Konstantin? Lara found it, then took it to the observatory where Jonah was captured, because Trinity tracked Lara down. How is that his fault?[/QUOTE]

He was holding it when they captured him. He could drop it once they were pulling that rope to the helicopter, but he didn't. Which makes him stupid IMO.

[QUOTE]In the scene I've seen, he questions her motives, then her priorities for going after Trinity rather than staying where they are to help the locals with this disaster that's happened. I don't see anything wrong in that. Lara isn't always in the right.

Well, we don't know. I wouldn't say he's on the same level as Sam when it comes to being rescued. :pi:. I'd argue he's also been very useful, especially if we consider the comics.[/QUOTE]

I'm not quite sure if it's in comics or it'll be in the game, but I've seen somewhere that he was/will argue with her and what not because of her need of adrenaline, and because she's enjoying killing Trinity soldiers and being chased. I'm not saying she's always right, but he's just annoying and isn't thinking so often.
I've never read comics so I wouldn't know if he's useful or not, but in the games he's not. IMO.

Anyway, the point is, I just want him to leave her alone. :p

TheShadowOfMe 13-06-18 15:16

Sorry, double post.

Grimaldi 13-06-18 15:20

Jonah taking the Atlas was just bad writing to justify a combat segment to save him. Ana describes him as a “problem” that she’ll need to remove because he stabilises Lara. Trinity needs her obsessed and slightly unstable, which Jonah’s influence goes against. He doesn’t encourage her but tries to keep her in touch with reality. I seriously doubt he’s with Trinity.

[quote=Rai]I wouldn't say he's on the same level as Sam when it comes to being rescued.[/quote]

He’s not. We’ve only had to rescue Jonah once so far, Sam gets kidnapped twice and acts like a much bigger damsel.