Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

NoahCrofRaider 24-04-18 23:16

[QUOTE=ave.avei;7861317]Also, why were people attacking wig jokes ffs. If I can't say Lara is snatching my wigs then I might as well be voiceless!! :cen:[/QUOTE]

We weren't "attacking" wig jokes. We were just expressing our dislike for them, and how we personally found them to not be enjoyable or even remotely funny now. No attacking there.

ave.avei 24-04-18 23:17

[QUOTE=NoahCrofRaider;7861321]We weren't "attacking" wig jokes. We were just expressing our dislike for them, and how we personally found them to not be enjoyable or even remotely funny now. No attacking there.[/QUOTE]
You didn't get the sarcasm bb x

NoahCrofRaider 24-04-18 23:19

[QUOTE=ave.avei;7861322]You didn't get the sarcasm bb x[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry, I thought you were completely serious. :p

ave.avei 24-04-18 23:21

[QUOTE=NoahCrofRaider;7861325]Oh sorry, I thought you were completely serious. :p[/QUOTE]
Hell no haha :ton:

TrustyBow 24-04-18 23:41

[QUOTE=ave.avei;7861317]Sam's a pussy. She was whiny in TReboot but the comics just went overboard in turning her into a defenseless baby who can't do barely anything for herself. I used to want her to return but getting interested in the comics changed that for me. I just hope Shadow introduces / returns someone for Lara to lean on so that the dark tone doesn't get monotonous.
[/QUOTE]

I honestly enjoy it more when Lara's by herself.

ave.avei 24-04-18 23:44

[QUOTE=TrustyBow;7861336]I honestly enjoy it more when Lara's by herself.[/QUOTE]

I do too but I worry that if the game is going to be very dark, being isolated all the time will make it quite overwhelming, and will take away the power from the grit and the loneliness, and instead make the atmosphere seem boring and predictable.

Halston 24-04-18 23:47

[QUOTE=WWETombRaider;7856079]FeeFee the Crab. #iconic[/QUOTE]

If they have another beach location without FeeFee the Crab then they can catch this lawsuit.

iWANEX 25-04-18 00:43

[QUOTE=ave.avei;7861317]Sam's a pussy. She was whiny in TReboot[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but when is Sam whiny and a pussy in TR2013? I finished the game a couple of weeks ago and I didn't see that. I just saw a normal girl in an awful situation (I'm sure most of us will be Sam in real life). Mathias wanted to burn her alive!!! I'd be ****ting my pants.

She was very put together at the beginning of the game and very supportive of Lara. In the flashback videos you can see how she enjoys filming everything for the documentary and wants Lara to have some fun with her. She even defended her when Reyes wanted to get out the island with or without Lara saying that she would never leave without her. No wonder so many people ship them.

I'd also like to mention how awesome she was for stealing the radio from one of the Solarii. And if I remember correctly, she also shoot some bad guys in a scene. Sam doesn't get the credit she deserves around here. For sure.

Athukraz 25-04-18 00:57

[QUOTE=iWANEX;7861357]I'm sorry but when is Sam whiny and a pussy in TR2013? I finished the game a couple of weeks ago and I didn't see that. I just saw a normal girl in an awful situation (I'm sure most of us will be Sam in real life). Mathias wanted to burn her alive!!! I'd be ****ting my pants.

She was very put together at the beginning of the game and very supportive of Lara. In the flashback videos you can see how she enjoys filming everything for the documentary and wants Lara to have some fun with her. She even defended her when Reyes wanted to get out the island with or without Lara saying that she would never leave without her. No wonder so many people ship them.

I'd also like to mention how awesome she was for stealing the radio from one of the Solarii. And if I remember correctly, she also shoot some bad guys in a scene. Sam doesn't get the credit she deserves around here. For sure.[/QUOTE]

Yas oh my God

ave.avei 25-04-18 00:57

[QUOTE=iWANEX;7861357]I'm sorry but when is Sam whiny and a pussy in TR2013? I finished the game a couple of weeks ago and I didn't see that. I just saw a normal girl in an awful situation (I'm sure most of us will be Sam in real life). Mathias wanted to burn her alive!!! I'd be ****ting my pants.

I'd also like to mention how awesome she was for stealing the radio from one of the Solarii. And if I remember correctly, she also shoot some bad guys in a scene. Sam doesn't get the credit she deserves around here. For sure.[/QUOTE]
She gets kidnapped like three times in one game, and each time she cries for other people to save her instead of her saving herself. She couldn't look after herself, is constantly relying on other people to do things for her eg relying on Mathias (a complete stranger?) to bandage her foot, relying on Lara to come save her and constantly screaming "please save me Lara" either down the walkie talkie or across a fiery hallway or along a windy ravine.
Lara got kidnapped herself by crazy cultists and fought her way out, then she got abducted by an entire army of Oni and fought for her freedom then too, whereas all Sam does is swipe a walkie talkie and doesn't even get away with it for more than 2 minutes bc she exposes herself straight after haha. Most of us probably would be Sam but that doesn't mean she wasn't whiny and too scared to stand up for herself except for a brief moment when she realised the cultists wouldn't hurt her bc they needed her alive.
She even whines and causes trouble in the beach settlement when Jonah and Reyes are trying to fix the boat. If you talk to them she whines about not having a job to do and wanting to work on the gun even though she doesn't know how to, Reyes complains that Sam is getting annoying and then Sam proceeds to start firing the gun all over the place bc she was too immature and impatient to just wait for something to do.

JsotoTRSaga 25-04-18 01:36

I agree Sam was very annoying and pathetic and I hope we don't see her again and if we do I hope it's DLC. That's the most this character deserves.

OrangeJuice 25-04-18 01:38

[QUOTE=JsotoTRSaga;7861367]I agree Sam was very annoying and pathetic and I hope we don't see her again and if we do I hope it's DLC. That's the most this character deserves.[/QUOTE]
to have her own content that you need to pay for on top of the game price? kinda goes against your point lol

ave.avei 25-04-18 01:43

[QUOTE=OrangeJuice;7861368]to have her own content that you need to pay for on top of the game price? kinda goes against your point lol[/QUOTE]
nah bc then her whining is optional and we won't buy that dlc lol

OrangeJuice 25-04-18 01:45

fair enough. i still think it would be a weird way to highlight a character that no one supposedly wants to see ever again lmao

tombstone 25-04-18 01:59

Lol, sam has a huge fan base outside this forum. Her return would make them very happy.

iWANEX 25-04-18 02:20

[QUOTE=ave.avei;7861362]She gets kidnapped like three times in one game, and each time she cries for other people to save her instead of her saving herself. She couldn't look after herself, is constantly relying on other people to do things for her eg relying on Mathias (a complete stranger?) to bandage her foot, relying on Lara to come save her and constantly screaming "please save me Lara" either down the walkie talkie or across a fiery hallway or along a windy ravine.[/QUOTE]

I might not be remembering this clearly but she gets kidnapped twice, not 3 times. The first one by Mathias (probably while they are sleeping) and the second one by Whitman (again while she's sleeping). I wouldn't be surprised if they used chloroform or something similar to kidnap her without anyone noticing it.

And no, she's not constantly asking for help. The only time she does that is when she's on the radio. Later, she actually screams "Lara!" out of fear for her friend, when both get separated while the monastery is on fire. It was Lara who was trapped inside. You can argue that she asks for help a second time by the end but only when Lara is yelling SAAAAAAAAM! non stop, which is totally understandable. If anything, I think Lara was more annoying. For each "Laraaa!" we got like 20 "SAAAAAAAAAAAAMs!".

[QUOTE=ave.avei;7861362]
She even whines and causes trouble in the beach settlement when Jonah and Reyes are trying to fix the boat. If you talk to them she whines about not having a job to do and wanting to work on the gun even though she doesn't know how to, Reyes complains that Sam is getting annoying and then Sam proceeds to start firing the gun all over the place bc she was too immature and impatient to just wait for something to do.[/QUOTE]

Reyes and Jonah are working on the boat and Sam simply asks "Anything I can do?" and Reyes (being the loving person that she is) responds "Just stay out of the way". She was trying to be helpful but Reyes wouldn't let her. The gun that she accidentally fires is not supposed to work properly. Jonah asks Reyes about it seconds earlier. She fires it because she's wants to be more like Lara (which I find endearing). Proof of this is what she says: "Lara is not the only one who can..." Even later, Reyes says that they ALL should be prepared to fight, to which Sam responds "I'll fight. They are not taking me again." So no, she wasn't whiny at all there either. It was a very nice scene to flesh Sam out by showing that she doesn't want to be a damsel in distress. She wants to be like Lara and be helpful.

As I said, she's way better than you imply, even though she's probably the least capable of the Endurance crew. But hey, what are you going to do? After all, she's not a Croft. :D

JsotoTRSaga 25-04-18 02:25

[QUOTE=tombstone;7861373]Lol, sam has a huge fan base outside this forum. Her return would make them very happy.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, specially if it's DLC.

AntRaidsTombs 25-04-18 02:37

I really forget about Sam lol. I forgot Lara actually, healed her and she should be getting back to normal. We just need to leave her where she is tbh.

biscuits 25-04-18 02:44

I love Sam :whi:

VictorXD 25-04-18 03:32

This this this this omg.

Also, what is it with y'all saying 'she's so pathetic how did she get kidnapped so many times?'. Well let's see:

- The only survivor left who has absolutely no gun or combat training (Reyes is ex police officer, Jonah is ex military and Lara has had archery and rifle/handgun training prior to the island, and also [I]lots[/I] of Solarii for target practise)

- The only one who is probably physically unfit.

- She can't pull a Lara and turn into a complete badass. It would really undermine Lara's uniqueness and growth.

- They kidnap her at her most vulnerable moments. Hell even Lara gets kidnapped twice in the same game.

- Sam is not a natural fighter, and that's ok.

CrowdedToaster 25-04-18 03:53

[QUOTE=VictorXD;7861386]This this this this omg.

Also, what is it with y'all saying 'she's so pathetic how did she get kidnapped so many times?'. Well let's see:

- The only survivor left who has absolutely no gun or combat training (Reyes is ex police officer, Jonah is ex military and Lara has had archery and rifle/handgun training prior to the island, and also [I]lots[/I] of Solarii for target practise)

- The only one who is probably physically unfit.

- She can't pull a Lara and turn into a complete badass. It would really undermine Lara's uniqueness and growth.

- They kidnap her at her most vulnerable moments. Hell even Lara gets kidnapped twice in the same game.

- Sam is not a natural fighter, and that's ok.[/QUOTE]

Yes!! Please!! Serve this tea!

I used to hate Sam but I've come to love and want her back kind of after reading the comics and others' perspectives.

I respect others' views about how they don't like her BC she wasn't a very exciting character and whatnot. However I draw the line when ppl call her a pussy and whiny. Lara is as "whiny" as her and both of their whining wasn't that bad or too frequent I think. Besides, it really is logical for one to be as freaked out as Sam in her position

biscuits 25-04-18 05:34

I don't get why people here hate Sam so much. No one outside these forums has a scathing hate for her. Sam even has her own twitter page dedicated to bringing her back. I want closure with the character.

Mani_Man 25-04-18 08:11

[QUOTE=biscuits;7861423]I don't get why people here hate Sam so much. No one outside these forums has a scathing hate for her. Sam even has her own twitter page dedicated to bringing her back. I want closure with the character.[/QUOTE]

Really?
I never got either of it, not the hate or the want of seeing her again.

She was there but thats it to me.
The writing didnt do much to make me feel anything for her.
Not for herself or this so called friendship that was barely touched.

And with Rise barely mentioning her, to me she is a character that simply exists outside of the games and i dont really need her to be in the game again.
Especially when we consider that the third game will be in the jungle with Lara fighting Trinity with claws and teeth down in the dirt so to speak.
What role would Sam how we know her from the first game have there.

Unless of course they have done some heavy off screen character growth.

FanosCroft 25-04-18 08:55

Honestly, I think this is yet the best year to be a Tomb Raider fan.
I mean we had TR news since the beginning of the year, the movie that kept us 3 months entertained till the game announcement, and now the game is announced and we will get news every month, in March we had the movie and game announcement, April - gameplay, May - we will get some news for sure, June - E3 presence, July - it has to be something here too, August - GamesCom, September - release.
I couldn't be more satisfied.

cephasjames 25-04-18 11:32

[QUOTE=ave.avei;7861317]Also, why were people attacking wig jokes ffs. If I can't say Lara is snatching my wigs then I might as well be voiceless!! :cen:[/QUOTE]If it's a choice between you using wig jokes and you being voiceless, I'll take you being voiceless 100% of the time. :p

tombstone 25-04-18 11:43

1 day and a half more, W I G.

ave.avei 25-04-18 11:44

[QUOTE=cephasjames;7861550]If it's a choice between you using wig jokes and you being voiceless, I'll take you being voiceless 100% of the time. :p[/QUOTE]
First of all, there's no reason to be petty and get personal when I was clearly making an innocent joke. Second, you literally don't know me lol so please don't come for me, even if it's in jest, unless I send for you.

The nice thing about forums is we can all have opinions about things without it needing to get personal, or serious. I find it interesting that I used to adore Sam, but after playing the reboot a few times and getting into the comics, my opinion changed, whereas for some people it was the complete opposite! I like wig jokes because I have worn wigs since I was 8 and it just feels like any other joke no matter how much it blows up in gay culture or gets stolen by the straights™. I respect the opinions of ppl who disagree w me both about Sam and the wig jokes so ig let's agree to disagree about how much of a pussy Sam is and how scared my wig is to be sent into space rn.

biscuits 25-04-18 11:48

[QUOTE=ave.avei;7861555]First of all, there's no reason to be petty and get personal when I was clearly making an innocent joke. Second, you literally don't know me lol so please don't come for me, even if it's in jest, unless I send for you.

The nice thing about forums is we can all have opinions about things without it needing to get personal, or serious.[B] I find it interesting that I used to adore Sam, but after playing the reboot a few times and getting into the comics, my opinion changed, whereas for some people it was the complete opposite![/B] I like wig jokes because I have worn wigs since I was 8 and it just feels like any other joke no matter how much it blows up in gay culture or gets stolen by the straights™. I respect the opinions of ppl who disagree w me both about Sam and the wig jokes so ig let's agree to disagree about how much of a pussy Sam is and how scared my wig is to be sent into space rn.[/QUOTE]

That was the case for me. I didn't think much of Sam when I first played the reboot game. I ended up loving her after I got into the comics.
What do you think of the comics btw? The first arc is pretty bad but everything after is wonderful in my opinion.

iWANEX 25-04-18 11:50

[QUOTE=tombstone;7861553]1 day and a half more, W I G.[/QUOTE]

I KNOW!!! Everyone is so on the edge these days, though. Man, we need to chill a little bit, specially when nitpicking about Rise. What's up with all the complains about it lately? Dialogues, story, animations, etc. Let's be honest: even its weaker elements were above average, guys!

Anyway, I can't believe we are "almost... thereeeeeee!"

dcw123 25-04-18 11:51

[QUOTE=TombRaider2013;7861044]hopefully the game goes more in the direction of lost legacy rather than rottr 2,0[/QUOTE]

Deffo!

Lara needs more skills - hand to hand combat, mixed in with combo's with the axe or finishers (like she kinda has already)

More open world exploration - hide secrets well instead of having them on the floor lazily.
More colour in the environment and bring back the WOW factor.
The only part in Rise which was like this was Syria.. after that the game got boring for me.. too grey and plain.

As for Shadow - I really want to get excited, but I've been let down before.. so I'm just gonna take it at face value.
Better not be another Rise 2.0 though - I want to see some BIG improvements this time around.. new writers and studio etc so hopefully!
-Proper swimming controls would be a biggie for me.. love underwater segments where you fight for air

biscuits 25-04-18 11:52

[QUOTE=dcw123;7861562]Deffo!

Lara needs more skills - hand to hand combat, mixed in with combo's with the axe or finishers (like she kinda has already)

More open world exploration - hide secrets well instead of having them on the floor lazily.
More colour in the environment and bring back the WOW factor.
The only part in Rise which was like this was Syria.. after that the game got boring for me.. too [B]grey and plain[/B].[/QUOTE]

Well it is set in Siberia :p

iWANEX 25-04-18 11:57

I expect from Shadow what Rise was to TR2013. If it accomplishes at least that, I'll be over the moon.

ave.avei 25-04-18 11:58

[QUOTE=biscuits;7861558]That was the case for me. I didn't think much of Sam when I first played the reboot game. I ended up loving her after I got into the comics.
What do you think of the comics btw? The first arc is pretty bad but everything after is wonderful in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
It's so weird bc I literally became interested in the comics because of you and how you talked about them :)

I've not read lots of them, and I'm not reading the first arc simply because I already know what happens from looking the plot up online. I adore the art style of the comics I've read, I looked at Secrets and Lies first because of what you said about Kaz. I'm not really a comic reader normally so it might be clouding my judgment but I don't feel particularly moved by the comics? They make some weird choices to me that jar with how Lara would act in the video game series, but other than that I enjoy them. I'm thinking of looking at arc three, the queen of the serpents, as soon as I have time.

biscuits 25-04-18 12:04

[QUOTE=ave.avei;7861566]It's so weird bc I literally became interested in the comics because of you and how you talked about them :)

I've not read lots of them, and I'm not reading the first arc simply because I already know what happens from looking the plot up online. I adore the art style of the comics I've read, I looked at Secrets and Lies first because of what you said about Kaz. I'm not really a comic reader normally so it might be clouding my judgment but I don't feel particularly moved by the comics? They make some weird choices to me that jar with how Lara would act in the video game series, but other than that I enjoy them. I'm thinking of looking at arc three, the queen of the serpents, as soon as I have time.[/QUOTE]

I do admit the comic plots are pretty random, but Lara's characterization in them is what made me love them so much. I really enjoy reading her inner monologues. They can be quite humorous.
I also enjoyed how the supporting cast was a lot more developed, particularly Kaz and Reyes. The Queen of Serpents is the best arc so far in my opinion. I enjoyed that one a lot.

As for Sam, I think everyone's issue lies with how she's always relegated to a damsel in distress and nothing else. It's what I liked about the comics. With the exception of the first arc, Sam has more to do. I also liked that one scene in the comics where she started feeling like a burden to Lara. They addressed how she needed to be saved all the time and how insecure that made her feel.

ave.avei 25-04-18 12:14

[QUOTE=biscuits;7861569]I do admit the comic plots are pretty random, but Lara's characterization in them is what made me love them so much. I really enjoy reading her inner monologues. They can be quite humorous.
I also enjoyed how the supporting cast was a lot more developed, particularly Kaz and Reyes. The Queen of Serpents is the best arc so far in my opinion. I enjoyed that one a lot.

As for Sam, I think everyone's issue lies with how she's always relegated to a damsel in distress and nothing else. It's what I liked about the comics. With the exception of the first arc, Sam has more to do. I also liked that one scene in the comics where she started feeling like a burden to Lara. They addressed how she needed to be saved all the time and how insecure that made her feel.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes I feel like it's just one huge campfire journal thing. Lara is less one note in the comics I think, but I'm really not enjoying how she sometimes treats Jonah especially because of how I know she treats him in Rise the complete opposite. I haven't seen much of Sam doing anything different in this comic but that might change in arc 3. For all I know I could end up liking her again haha.

johnanonymouz 25-04-18 13:43

I'm curious to see the Mayan outfits Lara will unlock in the game. We all know it's coming so.......I want them to do with machetes what they did with the axes in Rise. I want some outfits to change the machetes.

Emix 25-04-18 14:34

Can someone remind me of magazines that are confirmed to feature Shadow in next issues? Is it called PlayStation Magazine? And someone posted another one few days ago here.

amiro1989 25-04-18 14:41

[QUOTE=Emix;7861632]Can someone remind me of magazines that are confirmed to feature Shadow in next issues? Is it called PlayStation Magazine? And someone posted another one few days ago here.[/QUOTE]

Jeux Video Magazine sweets.

I checked this morning and didn't see anything on the world wide web :ton:

But, their website does say that subscribers get magazine early. The official release in April 27, 2018. It should reach subscribers today, or tomorrow I assume.

charmedangelin 25-04-18 14:47

Only two days away from the full reveal. We will know everything about Shadow very soon.

Emix 25-04-18 14:53

[QUOTE=amiro1989;7861637]Jeux Video Magazine sweets.

I checked this morning and didn't see anything on the world wide web :ton:

But, their website does say that subscribers get magazine early. The official release in April 27, 2018. It should reach subscribers today, or tomorrow I assume.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. :hug: