www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   The Angel of Darkness (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What happened to ''The Lost Dominion'' project? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219748)

Jorje Croft 01-04-18 23:04

What happened to ''The Lost Dominion'' project?

Hello guys, I just wonder what happened to the lost dominion project? http://thelostdominion.popzelife.me/ Is it canceled or ppl still work on it? Can anyone from the team confirm something? (if there are some members)

can't find any thread about it so sorry I opened new one.

Zelda master 01-04-18 23:14

Which one of the many projects? I know that one of them in which I participated basically crashed and burned.

Jorje Croft 01-04-18 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda master (Post 7848069)
Which one of the many projects? I know that one of them in which I participated basically crashed and burned.

http://thelostdominion.popzelife.me/ this one

charmedangelin 02-04-18 01:30

If I knew coding then I would pretty much make my own sequel. I already have a story for it.

NoahCrofRaider 02-04-18 02:35

We get these types of threads pretty often. The team is still working on it behind the scenes, but they just don't update on a monthly basis or anything. It isn't canceled. :)

Caesum 02-04-18 07:47

The Lost Dominion had been in development hell for several years, but this period is over now. We have reorganized our group and our workflow, decided to cut several things that were breaking our team. The work is very slow as team consists of people who are at uni or have jobs, but I must say that for the first time the TLD team has actually started to build levels and not only tech demos. We have also decided to move from NGLE to TombEditor as it provides just so much more possibilities.

Our team shrinked significantly, but so did our game. It is a much more realistic task now. It won't be as long as TRAOD, more like TR3 Gold, but it should be enough to tell a story with all of features Murti wanted to add in GAME ONE and TWO.

We also decided to cut the unecessary features to minimum, so the gameplay will be as close to TRAOD experience as possible. The features are still work in progress though and some may wait until we reach a fully playable alpha stage (yes, unfortunately TLD is still early alpha).

For the time being we don't add any new screenshots or info simply because in the past it caused more trouble than any good. This time we really want to have some content to show, preferably with working gameplay, or maybe even a short video. Until then though TLD will still remain silent.

red_lion 02-04-18 08:21

Very interesting Caesum. Thanks for the update. I didn't know it was alive. Love to see some pictures but as you state it, it is probably for the best not to do it.

Waiting patiently :)

Jorje Croft 02-04-18 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caesum (Post 7848252)
The Lost Dominion had been in development hell for several years, but this period is over now. We have reorganized our group and our workflow, decided to cut several things that were breaking our team. The work is very slow as team consists of people who are at uni or have jobs, but I must say that for the first time the TLD team has actually started to build levels and not only tech demos. We have also decided to move from NGLE to TombEditor as it provides just so much more possibilities.

Our team shrinked significantly, but so did our game. It is a much more realistic task now. It won't be as long as TRAOD, more like TR3 Gold, but it should be enough to tell a story with all of features Murti wanted to add in GAME ONE and TWO.

We also decided to cut the unecessary features to minimum, so the gameplay will be as close to TRAOD experience as possible. The features are still work in progress though and some may wait until we reach a fully playable alpha stage (yes, unfortunately TLD is still early alpha).

For the time being we don't add any new screenshots or info simply because in the past it caused more trouble than any good. This time we really want to have some content to show, preferably with working gameplay, or maybe even a short video. Until then though TLD will still remain silent.

Thank you for your response. I'm really happy !!! can't wait !:hug:

Pigfaced 02-04-18 14:04

This looks really promising, and to be honest I didn't know that it existed. Glad I do now though!:D:D

HarleyCroft 02-04-18 20:26

Awesome! :tmb:
With this amount of love and care, the Lost Dominion will be the masterpiece AoD should have been :)

Jorje Croft 02-04-18 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyCroft (Post 7848985)
Awesome! :tmb:
With this amount of love and care, the Lost Dominion will be the masterpiece AoD should have been :)

only thing I wonder is how game actually looks, as its done in LEVEL EDITOR. does it look as TR4-5 (as other fan projects) or close to AOD? so sad TRAOD level editor is not available. I remember someone said long ago that its updated LEVEL EDITOR :confused:

Caesum 03-04-18 06:33

For the time being meta2tr is prohibited as it takes just too much time to create levels with this method + a lot of level designers don't know how to use it (including me). TombEditor supports adding custom geometry as well as editing level mesh, so it is possible that once we get to the point where all levels are playable we might edit more important locations. But even then graphics would be more TRAE like rather than TRAOD since we still have to respect the grid.

AOD Level Editor is nothing like Room Editor. In Room Editor you create levels from scratch and then build all geometry and texture it. In AOD all level meshes were created and textured in Maya. TRAOD editor was used only to script gameplay.

Project Eden on the other hand uses an editor very similar to Room Editor. It is even called Room Editor 2.

Jorje Croft 03-04-18 19:06

Thank you Caesum, patiently waiting to any news. :hug:

charmedangelin 03-04-18 23:04

Oh, cool.

It's good to here that this is still going to be a thing.

Cezar 13-05-19 04:51

If the project is not canceled, why the website is closed? http://www.thelostdominion.com/

NoahCrofRaider 13-05-19 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cezar (Post 8088112)
If the project is not canceled, why the website is closed? http://www.thelostdominion.com/

One of the people working on it announced a while back that it was indeed canceled.

Woops 13-05-19 06:16

It's probably more dead than carvier at this point

Ruu11 13-05-19 07:20

^ Lmfaooooo

Now for real can someone be 100% clear already about the status of this project? There's a guy on Instagram named "daledrau" who uploaded some really cool renders about something called "The Dark Renaissence" which I guess is basically what "The Lost Dominion" endend turning into...

Woops 13-05-19 09:27

I'm fairly sure they're completely separate projects actually :ponder:
It just feels a bit different idk
Thise daledrau renders are BOMB tho :tmb:

NoahCrofRaider 13-05-19 16:23

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...&postcount=109

Itís sadly canceled. Dark Renaissance is a different thing, I believe.

Caesum 14-05-19 06:39

The Lost Dominion is most definitely cancelled. Both version from Greenkey2 and .snake as well as the version from Quentin. Greenkey2 and .snake. mentioned TLD for the last time in 2013 and since then they moved on to other things. Version by Quentin, which used assets from their version, silently vanished after there was no interest from both community and even the team to continue the project.

Ruu11 14-05-19 07:10

^ and what about The Dark Renaissence? I know you were working on that project. Is it also 100% cancelled?? =(

TRExpertgamer 14-05-19 08:43

The rest of the AOD trilogy wasn't able to make it because it has a lot to relate on the recent post for what I said within the general thread for this game. :cool:

Dustie 14-05-19 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer (Post 8088635)
The rest of the AOD trilogy wasn't able to make it because it has a lot to relate on the recent post for what I said within the general thread for this game. :cool:

Maybe it will still happen someway

TRExpertgamer 14-05-19 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustie (Post 8088642)
Maybe it will still happen someway

Who knows?

Putai 19-05-19 19:04

The Dark Renaissance is also cancelled. The artist making those cool renders said it was definitely cancelled and only then he decided to share the renders he made for it, so they didn't go to waste.

laralives 19-05-19 19:56

Does any one have the renders from "The Dark Renaissance"?

Putai 20-05-19 17:09

You can find them in DeviantArt and Instagram accounts. The nickname is dalur.

Dustie 21-05-19 20:20

The cancel culture today is out of control.

Caesum 21-05-19 20:21

I thought you're cancelled here

Dustie 27-05-19 11:31

I and still here.

Woops 28-05-19 09:25

New renders on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/daledrau/status/...543200768?s=19

https://twitter.com/daledrau/status/...748354568?s=19

These are absolutely stunning!

ActuallyArlow 28-05-19 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woops (Post 8093755)

Oh my, those look stellar

annacroft 29-05-19 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woops (Post 8093755)

Simply amazed at these. Thank you so so so much for sharing :D

Jorje Croft 29-05-19 23:50

these render looks absolutely stellar ! anyway what are these? new project ? or just fanart. :confused:

Putai 30-05-19 15:01

Fanmade project that was cancelled because of lack of interest. The render artist is sharing his part now so they don't go to waste.

Jorje Croft 30-05-19 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Putai (Post 8094439)
Fanmade project that was cancelled because of lack of interest. The render artist is sharing his part now so they don't go to waste.

:\ why it was cancelled,never heard of it:confused:

ashka 31-05-19 12:49

Quote:

It won't be as long as TRAOD, more like TR3 Gold, but it should be enough to tell a story with all of features Murti wanted to add in GAME ONE and TWO
He probably would've wrote or released more on it back then if the original material was not leaked online without his permission a few years back. That made him distrust the fandom for years. Hence why it took till like 3 years ago until he finally decided to give me stuff to publish on my website. Don't know why people do such disrespectful things.
Anyhow, my website has plenty of content he decided to publish once distrust has healed. Feel free to use that.

Caesum 31-05-19 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashka (Post 8094656)
He probably would've wrote or released more on it back then if the original material was not leaked online without his permission a few years back.

What do you mean? Elio specifically said Murti gave full permission for TLD people to do whatever they want with the documents Murti shared and that's why they were released. Apparently Murti said he had not interest in the documents.

ashka 31-05-19 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caesum (Post 8094787)
What do you mean? Elio specifically said Murti gave full permission for TLD people to do whatever they want with the documents Murti shared and that's why they were released. Apparently Murti said he had not interest in the documents.

Not entirely true. He gave his raw notes to be used in the project. Never said it could be published. They were not even tidied etc to look good for the public. This came from Murti and other members of the team so I trust him (and them) over anyone else's words.