www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Legend (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What did you like or dislike about TR Legend (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=226373)

Frceghst8 17-07-21 20:00

What did you like or dislike about TR Legend

Since there isn't an appreciation or unappreciation thread, I figured I'd start this one for TR Legend.

At this point I can't think of anything I didn't like about the game. If I do I'll post it later. Overall I liked TR Legend.

Mek 17-07-21 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frceghst8 (Post 8310348)
Since there isn't an appreciation or unappreciation thread, I figured I'd start this one for TR Legend.

Actually, there are such threads. Here is the unappreciation thread, started last year. In contrast, the appreciation thread is much older.

JsotoTRSaga 17-07-21 21:55

I loved everything about Legend. I loved the new Manor design, I loved how fresh Legend felt back in 2006, it really felt like a breathe of fresh air. It's globe trotting structure and light hearted narrative is what I love the most. I do hate the parent storyline and the fact the game was so short, but it is still a lovely gem.

Frceghst8 17-07-21 23:57

Okay I should have said there's no appreciation or unappreciation thread for TR Legend.

Mek 18-07-21 06:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frceghst8 (Post 8310393)
Okay I should have said there's no appreciation or unappreciation thread for TR Legend.

There are such threads for Tomb Raider Legend. I provided links to them in my previous post in this thread.

Chamayoo 18-07-21 13:09

What I like :

- Lighthearted tone
- Strong story
- Fun combat
- Pleasant and fluid controls
- Interesting and varied locations
- Lara's model and personality
- Secret system
- Vanilla graphics
- No white ledges
- Some cool traps
- Cool boss fights
- Good soundtrack
- Keeley Hawles

What I don't like :

- Too short
- Too easy
- Too streamlined
- A tad too action focused
- You just fight mercenaires (and some dogs and cheetas)
- Carrying only two weapons seems a bit too restrictive
- Lack of precision in boss fights
- Next gen graphics (PC)

Greenapple968 18-07-21 14:19

Overall I dislike Legend. The England level was what I disliked the most about Legend.

Frceghst8 18-07-21 14:40

Call me a geek if you like, I loved wielding Excalibur. :jmp:
Wielding Soul Reaver in the Xbox version.

Jathom95 18-07-21 18:11

I'll do a wide sweep and say that Legend is probably the best game of the LAU timeline and Crystal's work in general with Tomb Raider. But it's still far too simplified to what came before puzzle-wise and the story is incredibly short. I did like the take on Arthurian lore in general, but even that was strangely discarded by the time of Underworld. Why they went the route of Norse mythology instead still baffles me, it's been done to death.

Frceghst8 18-07-21 18:37

I really liked the levels of (Tibet ?) Ice caves, slides that can lead to death, breakable poles, platforms, ceiling spikes, etc.