Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

larafan25 16-04-12 23:44

[QUOTE=Lukass;6112284]I deffo will be shaking like last year. I remember when Daniel started to play the demo I had my mouth open and couldn't breath properly :'D[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, your avatar is nice! D:

Yeah, I came home to the demo from school...my sister was on the computer so I took my laptop and made a very makeshift desk and started watching...and oh my God. I had no idea what I was watching, it was so exciting.

._.

Rai 16-04-12 23:44

I can't see the pic princebenidere did. :(

There is supposed to be one, right?

Lukass 16-04-12 23:48

[QUOTE=larafan25;6112288]Oh wow, your avatar is nice! D:

Yeah, I came home to the demo from school...my sister was on the computer so I took my laptop and made a very makeshift desk and started watching...and oh my God. I had no idea what I was watching, it was so exciting.

._.[/QUOTE]

I knew how she looks, I knew how the game starts, but I was so confused at the same time. I was asking myself "That's Lara, right?" and then when she fell on the spike, I covered my mouth by my hand...The demo is so short, but it felt like it was over one hour long when I saw it for the first time lol...

larafan25 16-04-12 23:49

[QUOTE=Rai;6112289]I can't see the pic princebenidere did. :(

There is supposed to be one, right?[/QUOTE]

It's dis drawing...

[IMG]http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu356/larafan25/user38975_pic5914_1321224080.png[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Lukass;6112296]I knew how she looks, I knew how the game starts, but I was so confused at the same time. I was asking myself "That's Lara, right?" and then when she fell on the spike, I covered my mouth by my hand...The demo is so short, but it felt like it was over one hour long when I saw it for the first time lol...[/QUOTE]

Soo many little things to catch that first time you watch it.

Rai 16-04-12 23:50

@Larafan, thank you. That's darn cute :D

Lukass 16-04-12 23:53

She's kick ass here...D':

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7236/7085634901_37c1d6c9b9.jpg[/IMG]

Rai 16-04-12 23:57

She so is.

Stevo505 17-04-12 00:00

[QUOTE=larafan25;6112288]Oh wow, your avatar is nice! D:

._.[/QUOTE]

OMG I was in school too. I knew E3 was going on and I just couldn't wait to get home since I couldn't watch it on my phone. And my god.... that was one of the best days of my life.

lcroft_lc 17-04-12 03:06

[QUOTE=Gamd1011;6111776]So we'll get next Thursday/Friday?[/QUOTE]

I am neither Karl Stewart, nor Meagan Marie. :o

Stevo505 17-04-12 04:11

[QUOTE=lcroft_lc;6112530]I am neither Karl Stewart, nor Meagan Marie. :o[/QUOTE]

I wish you were. Then you would tell us everything about Tomb Raider :D...

just*raidin*tomb 17-04-12 04:37

I'm going to completely miss E3 this year and I probably won't be able to fully catch up on it until August and it makes me sad. :(

Stevo505 17-04-12 04:51

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;6112581]I'm going to completely miss E3 this year and I probably won't be able to fully catch up on it until August and it makes me sad. :([/QUOTE]

Where are you going to be?

just*raidin*tomb 17-04-12 05:00

[QUOTE=Stevo505;6112586]Where are you going to be?[/QUOTE]

I'm doing a music thing called drum and bugle corps this summer and we have training and go straight to a month long tour. I'll be farrr away from home or from any computer, at least to my knowledge. I think I'm more excited for E3 though. How sad is that? :vlol:

Stevo505 17-04-12 05:21

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;6112590]I'm doing a music thing called drum and bugle corps this summer and we have training and go straight to a month long tour. I'll be farrr away from home or from any computer, at least to my knowledge. I think I'm more excited for E3 though. How sad is that? :vlol:[/QUOTE]

Ohhh that's right they tour during the summer. Drum corps is one of my favorite... sports? I think that's the right word. I'm a band geek :p I'm starting college marching band this summer but thankfully E3 comes before that... Have fun at drum corps :tmb:

I don't think it's sad that you're looking forward to E3 more. I'm looking forward to E3 more than graduation :o

just*raidin*tomb 17-04-12 05:50

[QUOTE=Stevo505;6112601]Ohhh that's right they tour during the summer. Drum corps is one of my favorite... sports? I think that's the right word. I'm a band geek :p I'm starting college marching band this summer but thankfully E3 comes before that... Have fun at drum corps :tmb:

I don't think it's sad that you're looking forward to E3 more. I'm looking forward to E3 more than graduation :o[/QUOTE]

I totally forgot we discussed this a bit didn't we? :p
Haha, it so weird though. I mean we look more forward to pressing buttons and looking at a screen than we do real life experiences. :vlol:

And yeahhhh marching band! :D Drum corps is amazing yes yes. <3 This is irrelevant but whatever. haha Band geek for life. :hug:

lcroft_lc 17-04-12 07:58

[QUOTE=Stevo505;6112566]I wish you were. Then you would tell us everything about Tomb Raider :D...[/QUOTE]

If I would be either one of them then I would create new accounts and keep giving away those phenomenal stuffs. :tea: :hug:

slavo120 17-04-12 15:42

Sleeping Dogs - 14. August
Dark Soul (PC) - 24. August
Far Cry 3 - 4.september
Borderlands 2 - 18.september
Epic Mickey 2 - The Power of Two - 26.september
Resident Evil 6 - 2.october
BioShock: Infinite - 16.october
Medal of Honor: Warfighter - 23. october
Assassins Creed 3 - 31.october
Halo 4 - 6.november
Call of Money - november and
Hitman - fall
+ lot of for me unattractive titles(for me) like -XCOM: Enemy Unknown,F1 2012,ARMA III,Transformers: Fall of Cybertron,South Park: The Game etc...

Fall is realy full..I donīt see space for Tomb Raider with this marketing strategy..every game coming on Fall started campaign long time ago...I starting feel like coming delayed,,,bad feeling in my bones:mad::hea: :D
(only free dates are in November but going to the fight with Halo and COD ? :/ )

Lukass 17-04-12 15:47

It's surely weird...:pi:

skylark1121 17-04-12 15:50

[QUOTE=slavo120;6113169]Sleeping Dogs - 14. August
Far Cry 3 - 4.september
Halo 4 - 6.november
Hitman - fall
+ lot of for me unattractive titles like -XCOM: Enemy Unknown,F1 2012,ARMA III,Transformers: Fall of Cybertron,South Park: The Game etc...

Fall is realy full..I donīt see space for Tomb Raider with this marketing strategy..every game coming on Fall started campaign long time ago...I starting feel like coming delayed,,,bad feeling in my bones:mad::hea: :D
(only free dates are in November but going to the fight with Halo and COD ? :/ )[/QUOTE]

So, if it releases this Fall, does that mean it's pretty much guaranteed a November release? :)

slavo120 17-04-12 15:53

[QUOTE=skylark1121;6113183]So, if it releases this Fall, does that mean it's pretty much guaranteed a November release? :)[/QUOTE]
We do not know but like you see, CD do not have much space with free dates only november is relative free

klona 17-04-12 15:58

Far Cry 3 - 4.september
Halo 4 - 6.november
Hitman - fall
+ lot of for me unattractive titles(for me) like -XCOM: Enemy Unknown,F1 2012,ARMA III,Transformers: Fall of Cybertron,South Park: The Game etc...

(only free dates are in November but going to the fight with Halo and COD ? :/ )[/QUOTE]

Is this the first time it happens to [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]T[/COLOR]R[/B]?

lcroft_lc 17-04-12 16:13

Far Cry 3 - 4.september
Halo 4 - 6.november
Hitman - fall

Add FIFA 13, Need For Speed 19, Warface, WWE 13 in that list. :pi:

:mad:

slavo120 17-04-12 16:16

[QUOTE=klona;6113198]Is this the first time it happens to [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]T[/COLOR]R[/B]?[/QUOTE]

I donīt know but this year/Fall is definitely bigger like last year

Adamaru 17-04-12 16:59

[QUOTE=lcroft_lc;6113221]Add FIFA 13, Need For Speed 19, Warface, WWE 13 in that list. :pi:

:mad:[/QUOTE]

God, why I just saw that quote? I hate myself, and I hate feeling that imho TR is really gonna be delayed to early 2013...

klona 17-04-12 17:07

[QUOTE=Adamaru;6113304]God, why I just saw that quote? I hate myself, and I hate feeling that imho [B]TR is really gonna be delayed to early 2013[/B]...[/QUOTE]

No! D:

Linoshi Croft 17-04-12 17:15

Exaggeration much :p

We shouldn't be worried about TR having to compete. If it shows itself worth peoples well earned cash, people will buy it. CD will be confident enough in what they've made to release it in fall but apparently the fans aren't.

Billy959 17-04-12 17:45

[QUOTE=Adamaru;6113304]God, why I just saw that quote? I hate myself, and I hate feeling that imho TR is really gonna be delayed to early [B]2013.[/B]..[/QUOTE]

(In TRU lara voice) nOOOOOO

lcroft_lc 17-04-12 18:17

[QUOTE=Adamaru;6113304]God, why I just saw that quote? I hate myself, and I hate feeling that imho TR is really gonna be delayed to early 2013...[/QUOTE]
If CD really delay, then it wouldn't be because of development process, it would be because of fear of competition. I don't believe the game will be delayed as it hits Alpha in January. AC3 is supposed to hit Alpha in this month but releasing 30-10-12. :)

Sent 4 Tweets to Karl asking for some info but he didn't reply. :pi:

Captain Rob 17-04-12 18:31

My quick two cents based on that release table.
If those dates remain firm. I would bet that TR would release the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (US). My second guess would be two weeks before Christmas. My work experience is in movies. And games seem to do big releases about the same as movies do.

_Awestruck_ 17-04-12 18:32

He's not going to reply if you constantly bombard him.

As for "delays"...they're never going to know how the series will fare in the future if they don't get their feet wet now and release it among other huge games. If you ask me, Fall of this year is the perfect time to release the game.

Lukass 17-04-12 18:38

[QUOTE=Captain Rob;6113522]My quick two cents based on that release table.
If those dates remain firm. I would bet that TR would release the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (US). My second guess would be two weeks before Christmas. My work experience is in movies. And games seem to do big releases about the same as movies do.[/QUOTE]

Certainly not two weeks before Christmas. Jay said the game is not going to be released in December, because it would be too late.

tomee 17-04-12 18:43

[QUOTE=Lukass;6113548]Certainly not two weeks before Christmas. Jay said the game is not going to be released in December, because it would be too late.[/QUOTE]

Well, half of December is Fall technically, but I myself think October or November will be the month.

danny.rex 17-04-12 18:44

Lets just way and see how the people react to the next wave of media before saying TR can't compete with other games.

Crystal has been working very hard on this game, I'm sure they are very confident about it, I doubt they will move the date cause they are scared of competition.

_Awestruck_ 17-04-12 18:47

I'll say now though, the "next wave" needs to be sometime in the near future. I feel like we're seeing quite a bit of news (things like release dates and box art) from other games coming out in the Fall. Every game but TR, almost. They're going to start to slip soon if they don't put [I]something[/I] out.

Edit: When did I hit 10k? :vlol: I should stop posting now.

danny.rex 17-04-12 18:50

^ Hopefully they know what they're doing marketing wise and E3 and whatever else they do leaves a very good and lasting impression

Mikky 17-04-12 19:09

I would love to see a creepy, abandoned castle somewhere on the island. Do you guys think that would fit? I'm sure Japan have castles, right?

larafan25 17-04-12 19:14

I doubt it would fit.

But I'd like the ancient Japanese tombs to be very...constructed...so almost castles-ish...IDK.

I hope there is a reason to sprint in the game.

Lukass 17-04-12 19:16

There will be pagodas and monasteries. I really love the location of the game and I absolutely fell in love with Japan and the culture, architecture etc.

Mikky 17-04-12 19:22

[QUOTE=larafan25;6113654]
I hope there is a reason to sprint in the game.[/QUOTE]

Me too. The only reason I ever used sprint in TRU was to get through the game quicker.

SpyrosMonster 17-04-12 19:23

As for the Alpha and Beta stages I think we have an answer
Yesterday I re-listened ALL the podcasts and It was on the 5th or [B]6th[/B] one, I don't remember... where they discused about the Alpha, Beta and Gold stage

It was this Guy that said When you hit Alpha... (January 2012) it means you have everything done (storyline,leves etc etc)... In Beta they said that that's the stage when you POLISH everything and you just search everywhere for any bugs, glitches, missing textures etc. They said that you stay in an alpha stage for about 3-4 months or so.. I dont really remember.. so I believe that there's a big chance they've hit beta in which they will stay for 2 or 3 months... So if that's the case

1st) The game won't have an flaws like bugs or glitches (hopefuly)
2nd) If you think they've almost finished the game I'll say th game is 70% finished maybe more, maybe less...
3rd) You can now clearly see that they follow a strategy that kills us...

So I say... Be prepeared!! end of April or the first days of May... We'll have a [B][U]BIG[/U][/B] wave of news... It's just matter of days guys..! :)

EDIT:That's Just me Thinking... :/