www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Mikky 12-02-13 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6646609)
The death scenes are really brutal :o.

I like that he actually took some time to die and show it off to us. I was a bit skeptical as how gory the deaths would actually be in this game, but now those doubts are all gone. Woohoo.

dantedmc 12-02-13 01:11

whohoho crap :mis: it took her too long to die though. Should have had happened instantly.

http://s18.postimage.org/4yjqyrmqx/Untitled.png SPOILER

Rai 12-02-13 01:31

^Great, so I have to avoid this thread too :p? Not everyone saw the new footage, can you put that in a link please? Although it's a tad late for me now :(.

ItIsOkBro 12-02-13 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6646700)
^Great, so I have to avoid this thread too :p? Not everyone saw the new footage, can you put that in a link please? Although it's a tad late for me now :(.

:confused: that's a Deviantart contest submission.

Rai 12-02-13 01:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6646703)
:confused: that's a Deviantart contest submission.

What do you mean? The pic I'm seeing above my post is from the new footage (I'm assuming, it looks like it's footage), what pic are you seeing?

ItIsOkBro 12-02-13 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6646706)
What do you mean? The pic I'm seeing above my post is from the new footage (I'm assuming, it looks like it's footage), what pic are you seeing?

The fan art with the stick in Lara's face?

Zebra 12-02-13 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6646709)
The fan art with the stick in Lara's face?

That's a screencap from the new gameplay. Not fanart.

ItIsOkBro 12-02-13 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra (Post 6646715)
That's a screencap from the new gameplay. Not fanart.

I...never mind :(

dantedmc 12-02-13 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6646703)
:confused: that's a Deviantart contest submission.

it's from new footage.:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=__dcmnyWqDw

Rai 12-02-13 01:46

I'll ask again, can you put the image in a link please? Edit: Thank you :)

dantedmc 12-02-13 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6646721)
I'll ask again, can you put the image in a link please?

I just did. EDIT: Welcome. I logged out for a moment, sorry for being late.

TippingWater 12-02-13 02:42

There are so many sacrificed dead bodies :o.

FearEffect 12-02-13 03:25

I'm working on another montage, i just wanna know if you like that face :

http://nsa32.casimages.com/img/2013/...2634709061.png



Thanks :)

Zebra 12-02-13 03:26

I still don't quite get why they chose to show the section of the game they did in the new gameplay video. It seems like they're trying really hard not to win over the people who don't like what they've seen of the game so far. I've seen lots of complaints (not here but in general) about there being too much shooting, not enough platforming and puzzles and they just keep showing more shooting. There are three reasons I can think of for that:
1.the game consists primarily of shooting and there's not a whole lot of platforming or puzzle solving that they could show.
2.they are completely unaware of the criticism.
3.they just really, really suck at marketing :p.

I really, really hope it's 2 o 3.

FearEffect 12-02-13 04:04

http://nsa32.casimages.com/img/2013/...0443537852.png

ivaneiroX 12-02-13 04:24

love the face but the legs looks a little weird :p

Stevo505 12-02-13 04:29

Her face is a little big, but overall it's a good piece. :)

FearEffect 12-02-13 04:30

^
Thanks :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivaneiroX (Post 6646844)
love the face but the legs looks a little weird :p

Thanks, yeah i'm working on it

EDIT : Final Version :

http://nsa32.casimages.com/img/2013/...5732267985.png

LNSNHGTDS 12-02-13 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6646314)
Seven Spots. I asked and the prices are the same .



That's true! Not with TR though. They have the standard price. (Odd)



That was my reaction too! D: Unfair.

Oh, that's a surprise, and a real time-saver for me since Seven is just around the corner (Public is also close but, whaetever :p ...! ) .

ivaneiroX 12-02-13 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearEffect (Post 6646852)
^
Thanks :hug:



Thanks, yeah i'm working on it

EDIT : Final Version :

http://nsa32.casimages.com/img/2013/...5732267985.png

can you made a version without the logos? i want to use it as a phone wallpaper :D

Edit: http://tombraider.jp its updated

TippingWater 12-02-13 08:23

I wonder if we will have to find new rope in order to progress. I mean surely the rope arrows cannot be unlimited. That would suck imo.

dantedmc 12-02-13 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra (Post 6646801)
I still don't quite get why they chose to show the section of the game they did in the new gameplay video. It seems like they're trying really hard not to win over the people who don't like what they've seen of the game so far. I've seen lots of complaints (not here but in general) about there being too much shooting, not enough platforming and puzzles and they just keep showing more shooting. There are three reasons I can think of for that:
1.the game consists primarily of shooting and there's not a whole lot of platforming or puzzle solving that they could show.
2.they are completely unaware of the criticism.
3.they just really, really suck at marketing :p.

I really, really hope it's 2 o 3.

yeah really

TippingWater 12-02-13 08:25

Also it would have been a lot better if the ammo boxes were smaller or if she only took the ammo out of the boxes. The way they simply disappear is kinda off. Anyway this is just nit-picking, and nothing can be done now since the game has gone gold :D.

dantedmc 12-02-13 08:28

but why why why cant they do hair like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpW6kPBnyQ4

and please don't tell me it's unnatural or whatsoever, looks much better. 100x better.

TippingWater 12-02-13 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantedmc (Post 6646929)
but why why why cant they do hair like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpW6kPBnyQ4

and please don't tell me it's unnatural or whatsoever, looks much better. 100x better.

I guess because it can cause FPS drops.

oocladableeblah 12-02-13 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantedmc (Post 6646929)
but why why why cant they do hair like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpW6kPBnyQ4

and please don't te ll me it's unnatural or whatsoever, looks much better. 100x better.

When she is just standing and the wind is making her hair move I think it looks realistic, but when she runs and stuff it's just a bit too floaty. It seems to react like hair does when it is in water. That's the only problem I can see with Alice's hair. I agree though. It's the best hair physics I have seen in a game yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6646934)
I guess because it can cause FPS drops.

This is probably the reason why.

Underhoe 12-02-13 10:08

I think her hair physics are really well done this time. Sure the hair doesn't look too good, but the movements seem fluid and very realistic. It's especially noticeable from 6:08, when the camera gets close to Lara's face. I really love how the wind blows the strands in different directions, and that bit when Lara's ear gets visible is somehow sexy. :p

croft-girl-fan 12-02-13 10:11

I agree the physics of her hair finally look satisfactory. But the actual mesh of her ponytail bothers me. It looks very jagged and unfinished. Some more alpha textures would've improved it greatly.

scremanie 12-02-13 10:28

Her hair is fine. Far better improvement from the first demo we seen.

TRItheMaster 12-02-13 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by croft-girl-fan (Post 6646988)
I agree the physics of her hair finally look satisfactory. But the actual mesh of her ponytail bothers me. It looks very jagged and unfinished. Some more alpha textures would've improved it greatly.

This. :tmb: :ohn:

January_Snow* 12-02-13 12:00

I would most defenatley dislike if they used the tehnique from Alice to make Lara's hair. The hair works in Alice, since the game is set in a fantasy world, and Alice in Wonderland is a prettier version of the Alice in the real world.
Realistic hair never can or ever will move like it does in Alice.

Dustie 12-02-13 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by January_Snow* (Post 6647065)
I would most defenatley dislike if they used the tehnique from Alice to make Lara's hair. The hair works in Alice, since the game is set in a fantasy world, and Alice in Wonderland is a prettier version of the Alice in the real world.
Realistic hair never can or ever will move like it does in Alice.

I think for Alice they were aiming at making her hair look "goth" and dramatic - you can see that when she's using weapons like the pepper blaster.


I wish Crystal made Lara's braid the way it was done in the classics, where it was already coded very well and was almost flawless when it reacted with her body. They could improve it even more with today's technologies for physics simulation. My speculation is also that Crystal is prejudged somehow to the classics and they aren't giving her a braid because they have something against it. I really don't get it, it was Lara's trademark that made her outstand, and byy changing that I feel they're just doing whatever they can think of to cut her off from the classics legacy. :mad:

croft-girl-fan 12-02-13 12:52

I remember when Karl Stewart said this in one of the early podcasts (he was replying to a question regarding how awful her hair looked back when we saw the first gameplay demo):

Quote:

What you see right now is very early for Lara. We have artists working around the clock to get things like fabric and hair moving properly. This is one of the problems with showing content as early as we have been. There are certain things that will take the back burner until the game is finished internally and we get into a phase of polish. Lara’s hair is probably 40 or 50 percent of the way. The face of Lara and clothing of Lara is locked and won’t change, but details are still in flux. She’ll get much better.
Guess those artists never achieved their goal...

SpyrosMonster 12-02-13 13:04

Did anybody alse got super-excited when they pre-ordered the game?

scremanie 12-02-13 13:07

What are you talking about? The model improved each time we got a bunch of information. Literally, every new demo, or screen, something had been improved on her. In the final batch of screens and gameplay, her looks are largely improved.

croft-girl-fan 12-02-13 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by scremanie (Post 6647108)
What are you talking about? The model improved each time we got a bunch of information. Literally, every new demo, or screen, something had been improved on her. In the final batch of screens and gameplay, her looks are largely improved.

I was talking about the hair. When we saw the first gameplay demo with those 3 clumps of hair we were often told eventually it would look amazing as people are constantly working on it. And you can see during the production they kept attempting to make the ponytail seperate but never fully achieved it. And now we're back to one clump of blocky wood-like hair. But at least it animates well finally.

Weemanply109 12-02-13 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6647105)
Did anybody alse got super-excited when they pre-ordered the game?

Yes! :jmp: As soon as I pre-ordered on Steam, suddenly I can't stop thinking about it. It just makes the wait more exciting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love2Raid (Post 6646596)
Oops, there is still the walkie talkie in the shadow. :p

New version with masterfully edited shadow:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wSJEMtH.png[/MG]

:tea:

OMFG. :vlol:

SpyrosMonster 12-02-13 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6647135)
Yes! :jmp: As soon as I pre-ordered on Steam, suddenly I can't stop thinking about it. It just makes the wait more exciting.

That's how I feel! There are only 20 days to go! In other words only 3 WEEKS!! :yik:

FearEffect 12-02-13 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivaneiroX (Post 6646902)
can you made a version without the logos? i want to use it as a phone wallpaper :D

Edit: http://tombraider.jp its updated

http://nsa32.casimages.com/img/2013/...3461098189.png

TheRCroft 12-02-13 15:28

Promo CDs:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...16780243_n.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:51.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.