www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

**LARA LOVER** 12-02-13 15:34

^
Where are those from? :confused:

SpyrosMonster 12-02-13 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRCroft (Post 6647225)

:cln: WANT IT!

Weemanply109 12-02-13 15:49

Is that for the soundtrack? The back cover looks like a tracklist, but I'm not even sure, tbh.

Late replies, tbh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6645977)
No thanks, the series should have some consistency with how she looks. I don't want her looking almost like a completely different person with every new game (even though I bet money it'll happen).

Graphical enhancements over the years WILL change her look anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantedmc (Post 6646929)
but why why why cant they do hair like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpW6kPBnyQ4

and please don't tell me it's unnatural or whatsoever, looks much better. 100x better.

That's PC gameplay and the 'phsyx' feature puts more processing power on the GPU to calculate it, so I'm not sure if consoles would even get this anyway. Whether you want it or not.

CBS_TombRaider 12-02-13 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustie (Post 6647073)
I wish Crystal made Lara's braid the way it was done in the classics, where it was already coded very well and was almost flawless when it reacted with her body. They could improve it even more with today's technologies for physics simulation. My speculation is also that Crystal is prejudged somehow to the classics and they aren't giving her a braid because they have something against it. I really don't get it, it was Lara's trademark that made her outstand, and byy changing that I feel they're just doing whatever they can think of to cut her off from the classics legacy. :mad:

I spy a pressed classics fan :pi:

Valentino 12-02-13 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantedmc (Post 6646929)
but why why why cant they do hair like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpW6kPBnyQ4

and please don't tell me it's unnatural or whatsoever, looks much better. 100x better.

That was the only good graphic in that game

TheRCroft 12-02-13 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by **LARA LOVER** (Post 6647231)
^
Where are those from? :confused:

Jason Graves posted it, they are the CDs with the official soundtrack for the game.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6647237)
:cln: WANT IT!

Me too :cln: It's a shame the Survivor and Collectors' Edition only include 10 tracks, but I guess that's better than nothing :p
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6647244)
Is that for the soundtrack? The back cover looks like a tracklist, but I'm not even sure, tbh.

That's correct! It's the official soundtrack indeed, Jason Graves posted it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by CBS_TombRaider (Post 6647245)
I spy a pressed classics fan :pi:

It's true, though :pi: I am not a fan of the classics, having not played them, but even I have to admit that the braid reacted marvelously in TR2. I don't agree with the rest of Dustie's post, however.

LNSNHGTDS 12-02-13 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustie (Post 6647073)
I wish Crystal made Lara's braid the way it was done in the classics, where it was already coded very well and was almost flawless when it reacted with her body. They could improve it even more with today's technologies for physics simulation. My speculation is also that Crystal is prejudged somehow to the classics and they aren't giving her a braid because they have something against it. I really don't get it, it was Lara's trademark that made her outstand, and byy changing that I feel they're just doing whatever they can think of to cut her off from the classics legacy. :mad:

Lara's braid was ridiculously long in the Classics and, even though I used to like ridiculously long hair I realised it's very cheap so I'd like Lara to stay as far away as possible from her Classic hair so since Lara's hair are much shorter the same physics can't be incorporated, not to mention that 90s graphics were far less detailed than today's graphics, so therefore there were a lot less polygons to work with and that made the developers' lives a lot easier. It's not that Crystal is prejudiced against the Classics, it's that it's their thing, they don't have to redo everything that was in the game because it was in the Classics. Based on your theory they should have reintroduced the Classic outfit, the 90s glasses (I'm glad they didn't do the latter! ) and kept the pistols as a main weapon. If they can remove her main outfit (which Core did anyway in AoD) and her main weapons, which are far more iconic than her hair they can change her usual hairstyle too, which they already did back in 2006 so your theory is seven years late.

SpyrosMonster 12-02-13 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRCroft (Post 6647260)
Me too :cln: It's a shame the Survivor and Collectors' Edition only include 10 tracks, but I guess that's better than nothing :p

Well I'll just...












Nevermind...

















































http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1...face_super.png

TheRCroft 12-02-13 16:06

:vlol: Can't say I won't do the same :whi:

Weemanply109 12-02-13 16:07

I don't care about the soundtrack THAT much to go and buy the full thing, tbh. It'll all be available on Youtube or something anyway to listen to for FREE if I need it.

What I'd like is the Art Book in full, but I'm waiting to for the smaller one we get with Survival Edition first before deciding on purchasing it, not to mention I need to also get the comic. ;_;

CBS_TombRaider 12-02-13 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRCroft (Post 6647260)
It's true, though :pi: I am not a fan of the classics, having not played them, but even I have to admit that the braid reacted marvelously in TR2. I don't agree with the rest of Dustie's post, however.

I was trying to disprove said claim with a screenshot, but my computer was being a bugger and wouldn't load it :p To be honest, I'm not biased against the braid. I'm perfectly fine with them implementing a braid if they so choose. I am against people demanding they put it back in, simply because Classic Lara had one. Let CD do their thing. We'll see if they will reap rewards from the choices they've made, or if they will regret those. Regardless, I doubt a braid would make any kind of substantial difference.

... I guess I'm a little biased towards a ponytail, simply because I believe it looks nicer, but eh :p

TippingWater 12-02-13 16:11

Spoliers guys https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...16780243_n.jpg Whitman dies also it the track listing showcases the order of the events!

CBS_TombRaider 12-02-13 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6647283)
Spoliers guys https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...16780243_n.jpg Whitman dies also it the track listing showcases the order of the events!

Ermagherd :eek: Nicely spotted! :tmb:

LNSNHGTDS 12-02-13 16:14

As long as Sam or Lara don't die the whole island can explode for all I care :p !

SpyrosMonster 12-02-13 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6647283)
Spoliers guys https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...16780243_n.jpg SPOILER D: also it the track listing showcases the order of the events!

How do you know?

TheShadowOfMe 12-02-13 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantedmc (Post 6646929)
but why why why cant they do hair like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpW6kPBnyQ4

and please don't tell me it's unnatural or whatsoever, looks much better. 100x better.

It's floating too much... Like she's underwater... :s

CBS_TombRaider 12-02-13 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6647295)
How do you know?

One of the tracks is called Whitman's Demise, which is pretty obvious. The final one is called "The Tomb Raider" :jmp::jmp:

Jfmeplayer 12-02-13 16:16

omg people don't. quote the white text please u.u

SpyrosMonster 12-02-13 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBS_TombRaider (Post 6647302)
One of the tracks is called D:, which is pretty obvious. The final one is called "The Tomb Raider" :jmp::jmp:

You can't be sure though, the image is so blurry...

Weemanply109 12-02-13 16:20

****, I read that white text accidentally thinking it was going to be less of a huge spoiler. :pi: I'm not surprised about it, though

TippingWater 12-02-13 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBS_TombRaider (Post 6647288)
Ermagherd :eek: Nicely spotted! :tmb:

Thank you :D.

Tonyrobinson 12-02-13 16:23

If I am reading right The Scavengers Curse and Secret of the Island are tracks then I am guessing she will Get off the island in the end! I will be glad if she does! :)

SpyrosMonster 12-02-13 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6647313)
****, I read that white text accidentally thinking it was going to be less of a huge spoiler. :pi: I'm not surprised about it, though

Me too... I wasn't surprised but I just didn't want to find out until I play the game. SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!

CBS_TombRaider 12-02-13 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6647308)
You can't be sure though, the image is so blurry...

That's one of the only ones I can properly read tbh. I'm fairly sure that's what it says, I'm not sure what else it could be :confused:

Valentino 12-02-13 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6647294)
As long as Sam or Lara don't die the whole island can explode for all I care :p !

Wtf. For people who didn't click that spoiler you might have just ruined it for them. What the hell why are people so stupid.

TippingWater 12-02-13 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6647321)
Me too... I wasn't surprised but I just didn't want to find out until I play the game. SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!

If you want to avoid spoilers, you should take a break from TRF until you have the game in your hands :D.

Only TR lover 12-02-13 16:25

I really love how she looks in this scene! :)

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3307/222stj.jpg

SpyrosMonster 12-02-13 16:25

^ The shadows are AMAZING! :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6647326)
If you want to avoid spoilers, you should take a break from TRF until you have the game in your hands :D.

Ι think that's what I'm going to do...

TheRCroft 12-02-13 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBS_TombRaider (Post 6647302)
The final one is called "The Tomb Raider" :jmp::jmp:

I love that :jmp:
Quote:

Originally Posted by CBS_TombRaider (Post 6647282)
I was trying to disprove said claim with a screenshot, but my computer was being a bugger and wouldn't load it :p To be honest, I'm not biased against the braid. I'm perfectly fine with them implementing a braid if they so choose. I am against people demanding they put it back in, simply because Classic Lara had one. Let CD do their thing. We'll see if they will reap rewards from the choices they've made, or if they will regret those. Regardless, I doubt a braid would make any kind of substantial difference.

... I guess I'm a little biased towards a ponytail, simply because I believe it looks nicer, but eh :p

Yeah, exactly, that's why I said I didn't agree with the last part of his post. I don't think the braid is that important and that CD should include it or else they are being disrespectful to classic TRs. I, for one, also prefer the ponytail.

Tonyrobinson 12-02-13 16:27

Surprised to see Himeko's Tomb mentioned earlier in the soundtrack too. :)

Some promising titles. :D

The Oni get a mention near the end too!

TippingWater 12-02-13 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6647329)
^ The shadows are AMAZING! :eek:

Yes, the shadows during cinematics are really good, most of the time :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6647329)
Ι think that's what I'm going to do...

Unfortunately I think that it is the best thing to do, since spoliers are almost unavoidable at this point.

FearEffect 12-02-13 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only TR lover (Post 6647327)
I really love how she looks in this scene! :)

[IMG]ttp://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3307/222stj.jpg[/IMG]

She's beautiful :D

--

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/300W...or-d5up92u.png

:)

Bomb Fighter 12-02-13 17:43

So...are those CDs for sale, or from the CE or just some promo material no one ever gets?

FearEffect 12-02-13 18:01

Spoiler :eek: :

18. The Ritual
19. A Survivor is Born
20. The Tomb Raider

Looks like everybody dies

LNSNHGTDS 12-02-13 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearEffect (Post 6647467)
Spoiler :eek: :

Lol, why would you assume that :p ?

TheRCroft 12-02-13 18:06

^^ What exactly would give you that idea? :p

EDIT: Beaten to it :pi:

FearEffect 12-02-13 18:09

It's from the list of Jason Graves' tomb raider CD, by order , from the beginning of the story, to the end, it was on Facebook

http://nsa32.casimages.com/img/2013/...1230578167.jpg

LNSNHGTDS 12-02-13 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearEffect (Post 6647494)
It's from the list of Jason Graves' tomb raider CD, by order , from the beginning of the story, to the end, it was on Facebook

[IM]http://nsa32.casimages.com/img/2013/02/12//130212071230578167.jpg[/IMG]

And that's why they die :p ?

FearEffect 12-02-13 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6647500)
And that's why they ... :p ?



Not sure but, a survivor is born

TheRCroft 12-02-13 18:20

Probably because:

a) it's the slogan of the game.
b) the story is about Lara and her evolution to a survivor of the island.


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:13.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.