www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Portugalraider 13-04-20 15:48

I do want to point one thing out: the names on IMDB just don't appear right after editing the page, the info has to be approved. Case in point, I tried to re-add Amy Jump, and still nothing.

That being said, nothing stopping fake info from being approved anyways. But again, people are just stating new names were added, and speculating what it could mean if true. That "if" being the keyword.

Tonyrobinson 13-04-20 18:30

I just wanna know in regards to names did Saki add them in the first place because the names added were the same ones on IMDB few months ago. Did she re-add the same names or did she make it all up from the very beginning also why did she do this in the first place if she didn't want people to discuss, was she just trolling, I really don't understand the motive behind these actions. :o

Anyway for now we atleast have some things confirmed Laurie Rose is the DP, Ben and Amy are still directing and writing, Alicia and Kristin are confirmed to be returning. It's most likely gonna film in South Africa again and was amazing for their winter season if the LA is just a place holder like Pinky thinks it is.

I also think the June 1st shooting date is a placeholder until we hear more about what's happening. I found this new video from Laurie Rose's weekly cinematographer sessions during lockdown from the 2nd of April, he says he just started to prep a thirteen week series. Now assuming that there's a month of prep before the series shoots it would be July or August before he'd be free to move onto the next project and his name has been attached to Tomb Raider 2 for ages aswell as working on all Ben's previous films so I am assuming this puts it on track for a late-mid summer shoot.

Tomb Raidering 13-04-20 20:25

I think SoraSakai was just acting motherly and trying to “protect” y’all from being disappointed after learning that the names were made-up... :p

How are they going to start shooting whilst *AoD Werner voice* people are dying out there (coronavirus)? :ponder:

Ellioft 13-04-20 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 8186775)

When does the talked about TR 2 ?

Tonyrobinson 13-04-20 20:48

Nobody knows for sure just yet, they can plan ahead but until there are serious declines in the numbers of cases and things get on the mend then there probably wont be movement for a while.

Ben needs to finish editing on Rebecca after he done a few reshoots, then they need to seemingly assemble a crew, build sets etc.

One advantage out of this is that we know South Africa was locked in as a location so they're far enough to have organised a shooting schedule and locked in a studio space.

^ Elioft: He doesn't talk about TR2 in that video just that he was a week into prep on a 13 week shoot on a series before lockdown, given that schedule if he is attached to Tomb Raider it wouldnt have been able to film until July or August.

MGM in the past week dated their new Dark Harvest film for September 2021 and Ridley Scott's Gucci movie for November 2020. Hopefully they pick a new date soon if they can't make the time to go ahead with their intended shoot.

PinkyPromise 14-04-20 08:30

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#4dea70d637c2

Forbes performs an analysis of the competition of Tomb Raider2 due to the change of dates of many movies.

Ellioft 14-04-20 09:06

I dont think TR will be released in March to be honest... because it's way too risky.

Tonyrobinson 14-04-20 10:06

I can see Tomb Raider moving further into summer or debuting in autumn. There's gonna be a lot of movies in 2021 that are gonna crowd dates. They may even possibly debut in 2022.

I don't think filming is too far off once things get back to notmal if they already locked in Africa as their foreign production base and haven't changed the writer like they did with the first film.

Alternatively this could also have a much lower budget that won't be as huge a gamble as the first movie. Resident Evil films in countries like Cape Town with mid budget and still packs in the dollars this could follow that business plan.

Ellioft 14-04-20 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 8186973)
I can see Tomb Raider moving further into summer or debuting in autumn. There's gonna be a lot of movies in 2021 that are gonna crowd dates. They may even possibly debut in 2022.

I don't think filming is too far off once things get back to notmal if they already locked in Africa as their foreign production base and haven't changed the writer like they did with the first film.

Alternatively this could also have a much lower budget that won't be as huge a gamble as the first movie.

You forget this sequel is being shoot in England too

Tonyrobinson 14-04-20 10:38

I know it's in England too. I mean that Africa is their foreign base. England is their main base and production offices, it is much easier for them to get a permit for England than for Africa because not as many visa applications are needed because the majority of the team are British or have homes based in England.

The fact that Africa was reported to me suggests they pinned down a tentative shooting date with the South African government to allow them to bring their production there which means they'd have an idea of a shooting schedule and be far enough into that process that it could begin soon.

If we go on the report we're we first head Africa from the first film then it was five months ahead of shooting when they first locked in the location I think they'd be atleast within a start of six months had the coronavirus not happened. If all is well they should hopefully be able to stick to a mid to late summer shoot.