www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Ellioft 07-08-20 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8227911)
We already knew he would be filming a small indie movie during summer since his first Zoom interview, and his smaller projects don't take too long to shoot. "Happy New Year, Colin Burstead" was shot in two weeks, for example. "Free Fire" took a month.

And this interview was before the other one where he said Tomb Raider 2 was still planned to be a thing.

So no, Tomb Raider 2 is still not cancelled.

Yep he said he was planned to shoot something else before TR2 also TR2 is apparently according to the journalist to be shoot in September.

PinkyPromise 07-08-20 14:40

The "is canceled" is already annoying

TR2 is not canceled. What movies do you think MGM is going to shoot when they start shooting movies? Cancel TR2 to record something totally new? (when you have a script, director, actress and you have called it an "important franchise in your annual dossier") Just think a little.

It's boring to repeat the same thing all the time: no great movie is being filmed right now except movies that have already started.

When all the studios start shooting movies normally ... then we can talk about cancellation. TR2 is overdue like 99% of current movies. The same topic is always irritating and boring.

Portugalraider 07-08-20 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8227922)
Yep he said he was planned to shoot something else before TR2 also TR2 is apparently according to the journalist to be shoot in September.

The September comes from Superman81 and while I don't necessarily believe he is lying or reporting things without checking his sources properly, there's always the possibility that info is wrong.

Still, Ben called this a small indie film, so I am assuming it will be something on the lines of Colin Burstead, so it will probably be a 2-3 weeks long shooting.

Add to that we only have "September", so if true, it could be anytime during that month.

And also add that whenever Sora comes with the "it's cancelled" shenaningans, we always get soon after something that proves her wrong for the time being. :p

I feel like this month will be key, at least to know that September is really the goal. Either castings, locations and a proper starting date.

And speaking on locations, I wouldn't be surprised if the movie is to be shot entirely in the UK now, with South Africa being a big COVID mess as of now. Which might not really be that much of a problem if the movie is indeed to be inspired mostly by RotTR.

TrustyBow 07-08-20 16:54

Ehh, idk, September seems very very optimistic at this point. We would've heard some casting news by now, if that was the case. I'm assuming they have yet to fill that female co-star role they were looking for?

Portugalraider 07-08-20 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrustyBow (Post 8227972)
Ehh, idk, September seems very very optimistic at this point. We would've heard some casting news by now, if that was the case. I'm assuming they have yet to fill that female co-star role they were looking for?

I mean, it really depends on when in September, really. The last movie started shooting on late January 2017, yet most of the cast was also confirmed only in January as well. Before that we only had Alicia on April 2016 and Walter Goggins on December 2016.

We know since April 2020 they were looking to start casting some roles, and while we still haven't had news besides the rumours from Geek Vibes Nation, castings could have been going on by videoconference, for example. Other productions have been doing it, maybe Tomb Raider is doing it as well. Let's say they really are targeting September and the casting rumours are indeed true. We could have by the end of August a more solid confirmation Ana is returning, alongside the rumoured male vilain, and have the remaining cast confirmed up to the starting date, if this follows a similar calendar to the 2018 movie.

TrustyBow 07-08-20 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8227975)
I mean, it really depends on when in September, really. The last movie started shooting on late January 2017, yet most of the cast was also confirmed only in January as well. Before that we only had Alicia on April 2016 and Walter Goggins on December 2016.

We know since April 2020 they were looking to start casting some roles, and while we still haven't had news besides the rumours from Geek Vibes Nation, castings could have been going on by videoconference, for example. Other productions have been doing it, maybe Tomb Raider is doing it as well. Let's say they really are targeting September and the casting rumours are indeed true. We could have by the end of August a more solid confirmation Ana is returning, alongside the rumoured male vilain, and have the remaining cast confirmed up to the starting date, if this follows a similar calendar to the 2018 movie.

That's true. And now that I think about it, most of Uncharted's full cast was announced in a very small time, and they started filming not too long after. Only difference with that is they already had all the big name actors announced. Idk if they're necessarily looking for a big name for that female co-lead role, but if so, that would probably be the next big thing announced.

maxcroft 07-08-20 20:30

I really hope they say SOMETHING this month. I know itís hard to plan when you canít predict a pandemic, but it would help clear up some confusion on the status of the film.

SoraSakai 07-08-20 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorXD (Post 8227903)
Oh ffs, If you want this thing to be cancelled

I don’t.

Quote:

Like Jesus, 2020 is not even over yet and you already are sure this is cancelled because *gasp* people have a hard time shooting movies in times where there is people that are like DYING.
That’s why I think it is.

Thinking it’s cancelled ≠ wanting it to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyPromise (Post 8227926)
The "is canceled" is already annoying

TR2 is not canceled. What movies do you think MGM is going to shoot when they start shooting movies?

My concern is that there isn’t going to be an MGM, period.

Me thinking the Coronavirus resulted in some projects being unfortunately being cancelled doesn’t mean I want them to be.

Avalon SARL 08-08-20 05:02

It is better for now to keep this movie on hold; already it is being said that the future of movie industry could be changing, even after covid-19 pandemic ceases.

Just this week, Disney will release Mulan on both Disney+ and in theaters and a new deal has been made between AMC and Universal Studios.

I believe, if in the future, movies will be released on par in theaters and as well as on TV for streaming or rental, the box office numbers will be affected and that being said, before filming this sequel, it is better to wait and check what the budget for it has to be instead of losing more and more money since the latest movie was not as huge and profitable as expected.

Ellioft 08-08-20 06:31

I don't think they expected that much honestly TR as others adaptations like Resident Evil for exemple doesn't have a cult following. You can't expect a TR movie to have the box office impact like a Marvel movie for exemple but I think they have doing not that bad globally speaking (box office/sales of physical and digital copies) what have been criticised was the lack of originality of the movie. But with someone like Ben Weatley I think they want to give to TR another push but for the European market and on the critics.