www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Ellioft 21-08-20 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 8231546)
I hope financing doesn't hold things up too much or it might end up like Freakshift.

I think they can do a partership with Square just like they did for the first movie. Also TR is too big for them they are not gonna survive with their small releases.

Portugalraider 22-08-20 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8231547)
I think they can do a partership with Square just like they did for the first movie.

Especially if they tied it to the anniversary, even if it comes a year late. Wouldn't be the first time (TRA).

Still, you would think with Tomb Raider even recently being singled out as a big source of income to MGM that they would have at least the financing part a bit more planned. Even if they want to go cheaper this time, which we were already speculating even before COVID and such.

Ellioft 22-08-20 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8231552)
Especially if they tied it to the anniversary, even if it comes a year late. Wouldn't be the first time (TRA).

Still, you would think with Tomb Raider even recently being singled out as a big source of income to MGM that they would have at least the financing part a bit more planned. Even if they want to go cheaper this time, which we were already speculating even before COVID and such.

I hope that don't mean Netflix exclusive or HBO etc I would hate to have not a proper theater release.

Superman81 22-08-20 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8231552)

I wish I knew more about why they are sitting on their hands with this. I think they could have least gotten deep into pre-production and even had a cast announced

Portugalraider 22-08-20 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8231553)
I hope that don't mean Netflix exclusive or HBO etc I would hate to have not a proper theater release.

You and me both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman81 (Post 8231555)
I wish I knew more about why they are sitting on their hands with this. I think they could have least gotten deep into pre-production and even had a cast announced

I could understand the casting just in case of possible scheduling conflicts (I guess in case of Alicia, since she is the star, this would be her priority). But yes, for rest of pre-production, they could have been more developed.

But again, as long as it is not cancelled yet, I am good.

andre_costa 22-08-20 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman81 (Post 8231509)
Sasha was being eyed for the role. She has been on Ben's radar before. Once filming begins I am not sure if her schedule will allow for her to join or if she ever actually had serious talks with them about joining. I think she would be a great fit for the film and it would boost her resume.

I'm so lost.. Who's Sasha? What role? :confused:
Thank you in advance!

Rai 22-08-20 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by andre_costa (Post 8231571)
I'm so lost.. Who's Sasha? What role? :confused:
Thank you in advance!

Sasha Lane is an actress who, Geek Vibes Nation tweeted about being in talks with Ben Wheatley for [an unknown] role in TR. She's apparently been associated with Ben before for a previous film.

I don't know enough about her to know how to feel about her possible inclusion, or to figure out what role she could possibly fit, unless it's a new character.

I guess we just have to wait until Ben is done with his indie film before we start hearing anything. I hope it's an indication that casting is still active at least.

Portugalraider 22-08-20 00:41

As for the role, perhaps it is the rumoured woman of colour co-lead. Now, before it seemed they were looking for actresses of Latin origin, but perhaps they dropped that requirement, since Sasha Lane is of african and maori descent.

Soma Holiday 22-08-20 01:31

I could see her playing Abby maybe, but she doesn't really look like any other characters. Literally seems like he's making freakshift with Lara Croft...

PinkyPromise 22-08-20 09:22

It is a time of great uncertainty. It is normal that the studies do not know what to do and are waiting ...

Sasha Lane will be Jessica Hyde in Utopia on HBO and that will make her popular. The remake of the English series. Jessica Hyde was a great role in the original version.

As I imagined, don't expect Sam or Unuratu. Whatever Amy Jump has written is something free as was TR2018 compared to TR2013. New characters and new story taking some elements of the game.