www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   The Angel of Darkness (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Concept Art (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=112473)

NightWish 15-04-08 09:29

I hadnt noticed that baby scetch again :eek: I agree it was possible ment to be in a 'jar'

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie500 (Post 2639021)
The only thing that was really bothering the king of France was the large debt he owed the Templar's, the order was persecuted and dissolved for greed, not because of dark arts or forbidden knowledge. They were simply to powerful and too successful at acquiring riches. Even the Pope knew they were not guilty, no evidence was ever presented at the trial to show they were guilty and the only way they could get confessions was by torture.
Most of the former Templars either retired or joined other orders, in some countries new orders were started that consisted of former Templar Knights. Yes a lot were killed, but not many compared to those who died in the crusades and other battles. The Templar's already had a strong presence in England and Scotland before the persecution started, so it is not surprising that evidence of them was to be found there even after the order no longer officially existed. The first reference to the Scottish freemasons being connected to the Knights Templar was not made till almost five hundred years later, the supposed connection with the medieval Knights Templar was so flimsy most would class it as a myth, there is no evidence showing a connection. The carving at Rosslyn Chapel, built over a hundred years after the Templars were dissolved, and long before the beginnings freemasonry shows a knight on a horse just one not two, the second figure is not actually on the horse, but behind it. Like everything else about the myth, people will believe anything, if they want to make a connection hard enough.

yes I agree that maybe for real thsi si what happened. But you are looking at the realistic point of view of the problem and I doubt something like this woudl be used in tr. There are so many legends most probably lies about them. But the templars are famuous for them. And would fit in aod's atmosphere and even the story.

Quote:

As to the reason the LV were connected with the Knights Templar, there are not that many warrior monks around to choose from, they were going to use the 1300's date where the persecution of the order started, having to go underground would have made it more likely such a branch could have existed in secret, and yes the myth concerning the grail and the templars might have come into it somewhere along the line.

Well actually I have read that there were many orders like that but not so famous. Plus the templars differed from teh other similar orders... But to be honest I dont remember what the main differance was. I can scheck if you are interested.
And what I mean is that murty could have just said they are an order or a made-up order of warrior-monks that might go even more back then the 1300's. Why sue a real order especially one that has so much dark myths around?
Quote:

The picture of the nephilim is very good, although her wings (stubs?) are not actually part of her clothing, and l would have connected the pattern on the neckline of the dress more with a water theme than the sun. There should only be water flowing from one side of the dress, to clearly show she is the source of the water.

Well I spent long hours and left iwth teh impression the back thing is a part of the dress (there was also a nephilim that looked like a mage with this staff) that also looked like had such a part of the cloths. It just didnt look like wings to me. and having in mind all neoilim consepts I have seen by core havd been all with cut wings it just didnt make sence to be wings :confused: ANd the bttom blue looked like mist to me not water.... Oh well thats that - I added more stuff by me that I should have I guess - but I did everything I could to keep the main feel of the pic.

aussie500 15-04-08 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWish (Post 2639378)
I hadnt noticed that baby scetch again :eek: I agree it was possible ment to be in a 'jar'

yes I agree that maybe for real thsi si what happened. But you are looking at the realistic point of view of the problem and I doubt something like this woudl be used in tr. There are so many legends most probably lies about them. But the templars are famuous for them. And would fit in aod's atmosphere and even the story.

Well actually I have read that there were many orders like that but not so famous. Plus the templars differed from teh other similar orders... But to be honest I dont remember what the main differance was. I can scheck if you are interested.
And what I mean is that murty could have just said they are an order or a made-up order of warrior-monks that might go even more back then the 1300's. Why sue a real order especially one that has so much dark myths around?

Well I spent long hours and left iwth teh impression the back thing is a part of the dress (there was also a nephilim that looked like a mage with this staff) that also looked like had such a part of the cloths. It just didnt look like wings to me. and having in mind all neoilim consepts I have seen by core havd been all with cut wings it just didnt make sence to be wings :confused: ANd the bttom blue looked like mist to me not water.... Oh well thats that - I added more stuff by me that I should have I guess - but I did everything I could to keep the main feel of the pic.

Well the Templars did go back much further than the 1300's it was the 1300's when the order was dissolved by the Pope. Also there was nothing dark about the Templars, that was Eckhardt and the Cabal's slander campaign, Kurtis would never be part of something that was influenced by the dark arts, that was what he was raised to exterminate, and it was certainly not the Lux Veritatis that was responsible for the removal of the Knights Templar. No need to make up a fictitious order when we have such a perfect real one that no longer exists. That the slander was started by others in the real world need not detract from the story, Murti or the guys at Core could have slotted a nephilim in there as the Pope pulling the Kings strings to get rid of an impediment to their plan to revive the nephilim race.

The water is l think very important to this particular nephilim as to the wings we always saw the stubs, but if you wanted to hide them with a cloak l do not think it would make a difference. We will probably find out about the wings eventually and perhaps the connection with water. The one in the Wrath of the Beast definitely had real wings, even though they do not seem to have lasted with ageing, perhaps they did not always have wings being shapeshifters.

Later l might go and arrange all the suspect pictures so we can check her out a bit better. l was hoping to have the artbook by now, but it has not arrived yet so we might as well use the small pictures, l can replace them later.

NightWish 16-04-08 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie500 (Post 2640407)
Well the Templars did go back much further than the 1300's it was the 1300's when the order was dissolved by the Pope.

I was talking about the LV here.
Quote:

Also there was nothing dark about the Templars, that was Eckhardt and the Cabal's slander campaign, Kurtis would never be part of something that was influenced by the dark arts, that was what he was raised to exterminate, and it was certainly not the Lux Veritatis that was responsible for the removal of the Knights Templar.

yes I know. the templars should be good. but what I ment is that they studieda l sorto of sciences like alchemy (I dont know if you know but alchemy means just chemistry. In the arab countries where all sorts of sciences were put an AL- in front of the name of the science itself. Like they had a word for maths and put an al in front of that word) astrology, even they were neighbours with the fortress of the hashashins (sp?) the order which is told about in teh game assassins creed. ANd they were in good terms witth the so called assassins. Even learned some very good fighting techniques from them. ANd lets have in mind that in aod they said lv fights alchemy r- and in order to fight something you have to know it. and the lv had knowledge on alchemy from the templars....
Quote:

No need to make up a fictitious order when we have such a perfect real one that no longer exists.

Actually it does. well not in the form that it was at that days. and the new members of this templar order have nothing to do (by blood) with teh old members buit it exists now. Even a few months ago it was on tv that the order takes members from my country here now and I even have a friend who is in it. I cant joinn vebecause I odnt have 18 yet.. But they accept women now too so I might have a chanse. :D I know it has nothing to do with teh main convo here but its an interesting fact
Quote:

That the slander was started by others in the real world need not detract from the story, Murti or the guys at Core could have slotted a nephilim in there as the Pope pulling the Kings strings to get rid of an impediment to their plan to revive the nephilim race.

sorry I didnt understand what you men here... so you say one pope was a nephilim?
Quote:

The water is l think very important to this particular nephilim

Why is that? and what makes you think its water? i looked at it very carefully and noticed that at le left the "water" goes lower then on the right. If it was water it woud have been a even line. plus it has thissircular scapes just like mist..
Quote:

as to the wings we always saw the stubs, but if you wanted to hide them with a cloak l do not think it would make a difference. We will probably find out about the wings eventually and perhaps the connection with water. The one in the Wrath of the Beast definitely had real wings, even though they do not seem to have lasted with ageing, perhaps they did not always have wings being shapeshifters.

yes but even the speeler had somethng that looked like cut wings... ANd to make stubs visible from teh pose the woman is it will look weird. Thats hwy I thought its a part of the outfit just like they draw mages and so on...
Quote:

Later l might go and arrange all the suspect pictures so we can check her out a bit better. l was hoping to have the artbook by now, but it has not arrived yet so we might as well use the small pictures, l can replace them later.

hmm is this consept in the artbook? Bigger version? because the referance pic I used is from a very old french magazine scan
Hope youget it soon

aussie500 16-04-08 19:22

The medieval Templar's no longer exist, any modern imitators have no connection to the original, and the freemason's do not just accept anyone off the street and unless their entire creed has changed lately no mainstream lodge will accept female members, l am not sure what you are talking about NightWish but it would have nothing to do with a monastic order that no longer exists.

Alchemy is an ancient science and there is nothing evil about it, the Lux Veritatis was not formed to fight a science. The Templar's were not assassins and would have had nothing to do with assassins, l think you are confused about something there. The Lux Veritatis being an offshoot of the Templar's would have been formed long before the Templar's ceased to exist, they are still a holy order and would still be bound by similar rules, you do not become evil, in order to fight it, you do not need to study what Eckhardt does and learn how he does it in order to realise it is wrong. We were told Kurtis had limited occult abilities, considering the history of the order and its origins none of these occult abilities would have anything to do with the dark arts.

If you did not understand what l meant about the Pope possibly being a nephilim l think you have possibly missed the entire crux of the fight between the cabal/nephilim and the Lux Veritatis. The nephilim (the ones alive like Karel) are evil, they are trying to wipe humanity out, they are not the good guys in the game. Yes there was a reason for choosing the Knights Templar, their order was wiped out and persecuted, in the context of the story of AOD how would that effect the Lux Veritatis, could that persecution have had some purpose and who would have benefited from it and possibly been behind it.

NightWish 16-04-08 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie500 (Post 2642456)
The medieval Templar's no longer exist, any modern imitators have no connection to the original, and the freemason's do not just accept anyone off the street and unless their entire creed has changed lately no mainstream lodge will accept female members, l am not sure what you are talking about NightWish but it would have nothing to do with a monastic order that no longer exists.

I know the medievil version of teh order doesnt exist. but now teher is new knight templars. They have rituals with swords and so on but dont go on crusades. oh its hard for me to explain. I looked it up for you in google. But I am too alzy to do much now

Here, read some stuff if you are interested (BTW I cant believe you didnt know about this)
http://google.atcomet.com/b/search-b...0%BD%D0%B5#949
Sorry I wanted to show ou the vid I 1st saw and lerned about this but I cant find it anywhere so I hope links will do
Quote:

"The Templar Membership Today

Currently, Templar membership consists of people from all walks of life, including doctors, lawyers, clergy, businessmen and entertainment personalities, all of whom profess a belief in the Christian Religion.

The Masonic Connection

All Knights Templar are members of the world's oldest fraternal organization known as "The Ancient Free and Accepted Masons" or more commonly known as "Masons". However, not all masons are Templars. Templary is a part of the Masonic structure known as the "York Rite of Freemasonry". A description of the Degrees and Orders is presented "HERE", please use your "BACK BUTTON" to return here.

Three Levels of the Knights Templar

The Knights Templar operate on a local, state and national level. But their religious activities extend across international borders as well. In additions to the United States there are Commanderies in many countries such as Germany, Italy, Mexico, Japan and South American countries.

Nationally, there is Grand Encampment of Knights Templar. This unit defines the rituals and laws governing state and local level organizations.

The State level is call A Grand Commandery of Knights Templar. This organization represents members of a state or area.

The Local level organization is called a Commandery of Knights Templar. Some communities depending on population have more than one Commandery while there are many populated areas that do not have a commandery.

How to Become a Knight Templar

To petition a Commandery of Knights Templar or membership, you must first be a member of a Masonic Lodge and other pre-requisite bodies such as the Royal Arch Chapter and possibly a Council of Royal and Select Masters. (This depends on the state where you reside) To petition a Commandery one must profess a belief in the Christian Religion.

One who does not know a Knight Templar or a Master Mason should contact the local Masonic Temple for information or:
The Grand Encampment of Knights Templar of the United States of America,
5909 West Loop South, Suite 495, Bellaire, TX 77401-2402,
Phone (713) 349-8700/Fax: (713) 349-8710, Email: gr@knightstemplar.org"

Sourse:http://www.knightstemplar.org/faq1.html

FROM WIKIPEDIA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights..._organizations

Quote:

"Modern Templar organizations

By papal decree, the property of the Templars was transferred to the Order of Hospitallers, which also absorbed many of the Templars' members. In effect, the dissolution of the Templars could be seen as the merger of the two rival orders.[58]

The story of the secretive yet powerful medieval Templars, especially their persecution and sudden dissolution, has been a tempting source for many other groups which have used alleged connections with the Templars as a way of enhancing their own image and mystery. [59] Since at least the 1700s the York Rite of Freemasonry has incorporated some Templar symbols and rituals,[4] and has a modern degree called "the Order of the Temple". The Sovereign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem, founded in 1804, has achieved United Nations NGO status as a charitable organization.[60] There is no clear historical link between the Knights Templar, which were dismantled in the 1300s, and any of these other organizations, of which the earliest emerged in the 1700s. However, there is often public confusion and many overlook the 400-year gap."

Quote:

Alchemy is an ancient science and there is nothing evil about it, [B]

Thats what I said
Quote:

the Lux Veritatis was not formed to fight a science.

Oh boy, why are you being like this?A nd make me proove you your wrong especially when I feel so lazy. Good thing Ive organised the AOD text file

Quote:

THE LUX VERITATIS - Aha! Facts about the Lux Veritatis. They were a 12th century offshoot of the Knights Templar. Dedicated to suppressing evil, particularly works of Sorcery and alchemy. Responsible for destroying Eckhardt, the Black Alchemist, in 1445. Or so it says here. THE PERIAPT SHARDS - Here’s something about the Periapt Shards. They were said to be three 'weapons of light' three crystalline shards shaped like spearheads Hm! No one knows how they worked.
Quote:

The Templar's were not assassins and would have had nothing to do with assassins, l think you are confused about something there.

:rolleyes: gettinga annoyed. You seem like you just refuse to listen to me.

I dindt say they were assassins. I said that the a fortress of teh templars was near teh fortress of the hashashins (sp? its an arab word from where teh word assasin comes from). You know the game assasins creed? it tellls about that order. SO anyway since they were close together they often communicated and lernt some things from one another. Why do you think I am the one confused? I told you I know teh subject quite well.

Quote:

The Lux Veritatis being an offshoot of the Templar's would have been formed long before the Templar's ceased to exist,

YEs I even said this. There were many occasions that could have separated a definite group of the templars to form the lv. Athe best reason would be getting their powers somehow. Since the templars are often connected with the grail and its said in some places that the grail gives magical powers and even immortality. and there are undead lv knights...

Quote:

If you did not understand what l meant about the Pope possibly being a nephilim l think you have possibly missed the entire crux of the fight between the cabal/nephilim and the Lux Veritatis. The nephilim (the ones alive like Karel) are evil, they are trying to wipe humanity out, they are not the good guys in the game. Yes there was a reason for choosing the Knights Templar, their order was wiped out and persecuted, in the context of the story of AOD how would that effect the Lux Veritatis, could that persecution have had some purpose and who would have benefited from it and possibly been behind it.

Hmm do you ahve a sourse saying tahat tehre is more then one nephilim free?

aussie500 17-04-08 01:09

Karel told us there was more than one "we nephilim" The bible mentions something along the lines of God allowing some to stay free in order to test us. Of course it could have been Karel all along helping the Cabal, so it would only take one. The Lux Vetitatis was formed to suppress evil, a science is not evil only those who misuse it are evil. Kurtis is also using occult powers and yet he is using it for the good of mankind. Using occult knowledge does not make him evil, although other religious orders might not have seen it that way in the middle ages.

As to the masonic Knights Templar, being a Christian myself all l can say is the notice stating there is no proof of a direct connection with the medieval Knights Templar is not enough, such a mockery could only happen in America. .

krycekuva 17-04-08 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2551136)

isnt there a bigger version of this map???....

NightWish 17-04-08 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie500 (Post 2643204)
Karel told us there was more than one "we nephilim" The bible mentions something along the lines of God allowing some to stay free in order to test us.

Hmm the we nephilim part doesnt neceserrily mean ther are more now alive. It might mean in general they had been having a hard time to survive. which is true.
As for some were left its true. But I dont think there are more free now. Nephilims can be viewed as giants. SOme gods are portayed as giants, also the titans amd in more rescent times there are trolls and giants and fairy tales. Maybe thats what they ment.

Quote:

Of course it could have been Karel all along helping the Cabal, so it would only take one.

Well Karel is teh head of the Cabal. And there are no other ,nephilim were in the group , the only doubt i have is that Rouzic can be one. because he is called teh illusionist - and the nephilim have some special skills alongside shapeshifting which can be viewed liek an illusion...
Quote:

The Lux Vetitatis was formed to suppress evil, a science is not evil only those who misuse it are evil. Kurtis is also using occult powers and yet he is using it for the good of mankind. Using occult knowledge does not make him evil, although other religious orders might not have seen it that way in the middle ages.

when did I say anything abiout them being evil?

Quote:

As to the masonic Knights Templar, being a Christian myself all l can say is the notice stating there is no proof of a direct connection with the medieval Knights Templar is not enough, such a mockery could only happen in America. .

Yes thats what I said - but I disagree its a mockery

krycekuva 17-04-08 15:09

so,.. no way to get it bigger,.. isnt it?..

NightWish 17-04-08 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by krycekuva (Post 2644130)
so,.. no way to get it bigger,.. isnt it?..

I have it huge and transparent... you ahve msn? (you might have noticed I have used it on my lara s erberus darwing :p)