www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Hazelphoenix 04-08-18 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samz (Post 7942064)
Yeah, I hate SJWs they hated Kingdom come delivefance becauseit didnt have black people in ancient bohemia.

Donít even get me started on the KCD outrage... that was honestly embarassing.

Zael 04-08-18 11:18

Jill Murray has spoken quite insightfully on the subject of diversity (I was quite impressed, as were other TRF members), and her remarks ("...a responsibility we approached with enthusiasm, curiosity and, I hope, compassion...") make it clear that she strives to be conscientious, thoughtful, and compassionate in her approach to sensitive issues of representation. So I'm quite hopeful, in this regard.

She's spoken at greater length here, for those interested.

Moreover, it seems that Jill's contributions as Lead Writer for Shadow have been appreciated by a number of fans who have played the demo (as Raymond notes here, and I believe Melonie would concur, based on her posts here and here), so although her 'day-to-day work' with EM is apparently done for now, hopefully Jill will be back, if there's a large narrative component for the DLC.

Legends 04-08-18 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 7941950)
Cool reaction video, but his comments on "diversity" are rather ignorant. He seems to think the Paititi village consists of only white people. Bitch where? None of them are white.

This guy looks like a bootlegged version of PewDiePie. :mis: I bet he's Swedish too, he sounds like it.

Zael 04-08-18 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zael (Post 7941980)
Relevant portion seems to be 5m45s to 6m20s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5f_nKZ2qSY&t=5m45s

Yeah, I would want to be gentle in pointing out his mistake, since he has put forward his claim in a tentative manner (using language that conveys his sense of uncertainty), but really, I can't think of any interpretation of his words that could amount to a valid/legitimate claim.

The only (tangentially related) claim that could possibly make sense in this context is that the residents should be reacting in some way (e.g., with surprise) to the presence of someone with Laraís atypical (for them) appearance, but (1) there is not enough context/info to determine if the residents should in fact be surprised by her presence, since this scene is from an unknown/undetermined point in the story (she could have been visiting regularly for weeks by this point, for all we know, in which case surprise would not be appropriate); and more importantly, (2) he seems to be making some other claim entirely, one which appears to not make any sense at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7942054)
^ It's clear by Lara's interactions that the Paititi people know who she is by that point. One knows her by name another is less friendly saying "I thought I'd asked you to go?", which means he would have seen her before to have asked her. So, any surprise by her appearance as a stranger would have been conveyed at some earlier point.

Yeah, I was trying to be as charitable as possible, but (as you've now demonstrated more clearly/definitively), it really is quite difficult to make any sense out of his remarks.

LCTRF 04-08-18 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 7941950)
Cool reaction video, but his comments on "diversity" are rather ignorant. He seems to think the Paititi village consists of only white people. Bitch where? None of them are white.

Why is it that almost every time just white people say those things? Like they wanna be seen to be tolerant af but don't realize that bs that is coming out of their mouth. It was the same when some girl started ranting about GoT (which is a fantasy series to begin with, so realism shouldn't even be a thing) not having enough black characters and diversity, mind you, in a series that plays mostly on a european based continent, which is the whitest continent there is on this earth, besides antarctica that is.

I think they did everything right with the citizens from paiti, they are exactly how I would've imagined them if SOTTR were a book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends (Post 7942096)
This guy looks like a bootlegged version of PewDiePie. :mis: I bet he's Swedish too, he sounds like it.

Oh my god, are you living in my head? I literally thought the same. :vlol:

Legends 04-08-18 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCTRF (Post 7942103)
Oh my god, are you living in my head? I literally thought the same. :vlol:

Haha, so I'm not alone! :vlol: It's funny how someone can be so reminiscent of someone else. He could be he's brother. :D

klona 04-08-18 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends (Post 7942096)

You are reading my mind. :eek:

WWETombRaider 04-08-18 12:32

Do y'all think the reboot games should be released on the Switch? I could never pinpoint what TR's relationship with Nintendo was like. :ponder:

Only TR lover 04-08-18 12:33

Not sure if this has been posted but is this a SotTR concept art?
https://s8.postimg.cc/ykkfgvjdh/IMG_20180804_143112.jpg

WWETombRaider 04-08-18 12:41

^ Fan art.