www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Synlidwirh 18-12-18 13:03

multiplayer deathmatch for tomb raider doesn't entirely fit... though if they had made a sort of race to x artifact it could have been great. One of the big things in several of the games and more so (feels 90 percent of the time) is Lara racing through a tomb to reach said artifact before someone else. Imagine taking the forges idea of different paths across a level and having several players competing to race towards an artifact and possibly once they get there could have some sort of fight to claim it and escape the tomb.

Rai 18-12-18 21:37

I've been left rather deflated after doing a mission in Paititi where you have to save a few rebels and then save another one (I'm rubbish with names) only when you get to him...he dies? How is this mission complete when your main goal is to save someone only they don't make it? Come on game *shakes head* Also, I wasn't expecting combat during a mission, nice way to mix things up a bit.

Soma Holiday 18-12-18 22:00

How the hell do some time attack scores show 4 seconds on the forge? are people cheating? Or finding teleportation glitches? I dont get it...

Grizzly Bear 18-12-18 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8022828)
edited for potential spoilers

That was really confusing for me too; and what's more I did it when there was an audio issue with npcs' voices :facepalm: (thankfully they fixed that...).
However....is the one Lara is looking for the traitor? Or is it the quest giver the traitor?

Mickybyrne20 19-12-18 02:19

I'm having so much difficulty trying to get gold on The Forge time attack mode. It's actually really confusing, I can't remember the directions, nor which order everything goes.

The Pillar was much easier. Within a few tries I'd cracked it.

EliParker 19-12-18 02:21

I rather see Co-Op in a Lara Croft and.. game. For the mainline games, they need a better writer(s), and a more/better single player modes.

Mickybyrne20 19-12-18 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soma Holiday (Post 8022841)
How the hell do some time attack scores show 4 seconds on the forge? are people cheating? Or finding teleportation glitches? I dont get it...

Omg, seriously.There must be some glitch they're exploiting.

LaraCroftSotTR 19-12-18 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 8022922)
I'm having so much difficulty trying to get gold on The Forge time attack mode. It's actually really confusing, I can't remember the directions, nor which order everything goes.
The Pillar was much easier. Within a few tries I'd cracked it.

The Pillar was great - but it wasn't a tomb for me.
The Forge does a better job at that and also offers better and more condensed inter-actions (+ shortcuts) with better time- and point runs.
The Pillar is a nice action- and traversal- spectacle, but it's also a very easy from A to B run.

PS. I only care to beat the gold-times - they're fair and still kinda challenging.
But I gave long up on scoreboards. Glitch exploiters and cheaters killed about any fun you could have had with trying to beat other scores.
I therefore even welcome the removal of servers who hold such records. It really just became a waste of time and a waste of digital space.
In short; I simply don't care anymore for any achievement with any gamertag behind it. :o

Soma Holiday 19-12-18 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8022828)
I've been left rather deflated after doing a mission in Paititi where you have to save a few rebels and then save another one (I'm rubbish with names) only when you get to him...he dies? How is this mission complete when your main goal is to save someone only they don't make it? Come on game *shakes head* Also, I wasn't expecting combat during a mission, nice way to mix things up a bit.

That mission confused me...i thought the guy at the end was the one in the cave as the mission giver...i thought he was the traitor which was why you never return to him am I wrong? I never caught his name...thats the problem when literally every NPC looks identical...

johnanonymouz 19-12-18 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaraCroftSotTR (Post 8022987)
The Pillar is a nice action- and traversal- spectacle, but it's also a very easy from A to B run.

you have to carefully time the wind tho so its not so easy