www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Athukraz 02-06-20 23:40

Assuming the events of the dlcs take place exactly when they unlock the story would be like:

Lara after going through the 3 trials, looking at Paititi: This is incredible. But brb imma go back to kuwaq yaku for a sec to check on abby.

Alright yall im back lets go find that silver box.

Guys the box was taken and Unuratu is captured.

Q'orianka: k she can wait hear me out go find this shield so we can prove something.

Lara: ok brb

Lara: ok im back heres the shield now im gonna go rescue Unuratu, wait... why are you mean to this naked kid Qori :mad:

Qori: nvm but look at this wheel thing Amaru had it must be something important can you go climb a mountain

Lara: ugh omg ok fine but im rescuing unuratu after this
Anyways im back the wheel was nothing important to us i really have to go now

Etzli: Lara! Your Serpent Guard disguise is good. Can you also free my friend's father?

Lara frees Hakan and asks her to find some naked guy then she goes on a river with a raft to find an ugly bow.

Lara: ok for real now im gonna go rescue Unuratu.

RIP Queen, savage Lara we love to see it

Abby drives Jonah and Lara to San Juan but they forgot to talk about Uchu's scars so they go back and it turns into a deep convo about how there's a weapon that could help. Lara goes to find it.

Jonah and Lara travel back to San Juan and find the box

San Juan destroyed, heading to Paititi ready for battle

Lara: ok brb Etzli a friend needs us back in another village

Abby: can you go climb the inside of that volcano and see what's up

Lara: ofc ^^

Lara and Jonah head back to the battle.

suli 03-06-20 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8203019)
Assuming the events of the dlcs take place exactly when they unlock the story would be like:

Lara after going through the 3 trials, looking at Paititi: This is incredible. But brb imma go back to kuwaq yaku for a sec to check on abby.

Q'orianka: k she can wait hear me out go find this shield so we can prove something.

Lara: ok im back heres the shield now im gonna go rescue Unuratu, wait... why are you mean to this naked kid Qori :mad:

Qori: nvm but look at this wheel thing Amaru had it must be something important can you go climb a mountain

Etzli: Lara! Your Serpent Guard disguise is good. Can you also free my friend's father?

Lara frees Hakan and asks her to find some naked guy then she goes on a river with a raft to find an ugly bow.

Abby drives Jonah and Lara to San Juan but they forgot to talk about Uchu's scars so they go back and it turns into a deep convo about how there's a weapon that could help. Lara goes to find it.

is that supposed to be a criticism? because you're just describing every side mission of every AAA game.

MBog 03-06-20 11:01

y E __ i ' L l __ f I n D __ y O r __ d I c E , __ n O __ p R o B __ t A k i Y .
what? an apocalypse going on??? luuuulz

----------------------------------------------------------

I guess the justification they have for the DLCs is that it isn't part of the main story thread, it comes down to the player whether or not you want to post pone saving the world or not.... Plus, without the day/night cycle most of those thing happen in what one afternoon (?) 2 maybe idk exactly, but game-time it kinda makes sense.

LateRaider 03-06-20 16:59

be like me and just do all the side quests (Except for the shield one b/c that makes no sense to do with unuratu dead) in the postgame :) (and remember the postgame takes place before the final fight so it makes sense)

xspacedude 03-06-20 18:46

But then again, you can do all of that in under 8 hours, so its not like shes spending days looking for the dices :cln:

malferink 05-06-20 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8203019)

:vlol: lmaooooo

shadow's story and pacing already was one big mess but the dlcs make everything worse. they should all have been post game tbh

Raider8 05-06-20 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by malferink (Post 8203919)
:vlol: lmaooooo

shadow's story and pacing already was one big mess but the dlcs make everything worse. they should all have been post game tbh

Same.

ANoDE 07-06-20 09:06

It always bugged me, that 6 of the DLCs take place during the game, and one of them post game. It kinda messes with the timeline. I'd have preferred if they weren't related to the main story at all, so that playing them might delay the timeline, but does not interfere with it.

Zsott 07-06-20 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANoDE (Post 8204349)
It always bugged me, that 6 of the DLCs take place during the game, and one of them post game. It kinda messes with the timeline. I'd have preferred if they weren't related to the main story at all, so that playing them might delay the timeline, but does not interfere with it.

Well, the pillar dlc is tied to the last one.
The pillar can be done at anytime, regardless of the progress of the story, so technically just 5 dlc.

xspacedude 09-06-20 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zsott (Post 8204556)
Well, the pillar dlc is tied to the last one.
The pillar can be done at anytime, regardless of the progress of the story, so technically just 5 dlc.

The Grand Caiman and The Forge can be done without any interference in the story, both of them could easily take place after the main game. Id say The Pillar does interfere bc we see rourke and Unuratu is mentioned as still being alive.