www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=221734)

killchan 12-09-20 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costel (Post 8238558)
Next you know they are going to ask for Lara not to kill enemies but to have a diplomatical aproach. Or for her to just run or hide.

"Next"?

They made stealth so prevalent in Rise also because people on SM were concerned that they would have ended up playing as a genocydial.

indigo1993 12-09-20 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costel (Post 8238558)
How about no one tries to catter to SJW and PC culture and the likes of them that are pushing the agenda of canceling and put an interdiction on everything they dont like?
Next you know they are going to ask for Lara not to kill enemies but to have a diplomatical aproach. Or for her to just run or hide.
If they dont find something fun they try to take away the fun from others. **** them.

For those that dont like to kill virtual animals then dont do it.
But I like those quiver upgrades and I need those animal skins.

And yes I believe you guys are exagerating. It is not like everytime I kill an animal in TR one in real life dies.

No I agree with you it's silly to take games too seriously. But I think this circles back to asking the question where we draw the line between fiction and the real world (if we are to draw a line at all). If we give fiction full freedom to do whatever it wants, then can we get back to Bikini outfits for Lara and her original body proportions? (I'd actually like that hahah)
I'm just getting ahead of myself really but I just think it'd be a cool concept to have even more variety (with their consequences and all). I still want Lara's dual pistols back, and for her to bazooka all her way across the levels, but why not expand that aspect further? TRU started it

Bridge 12-09-20 13:08

Y’all really cared about ethics this much? I used to canoe the skulls of those dead commie guards whenever I played Rise.

SnatchingEdges 12-09-20 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by killchan (Post 8238557)
Actually, the controversy was all about Potato Sack's digital muscles.

It wasn't all about that.

LNSNHGTDS 12-09-20 14:15

Do any of the "Oh my god why do you care about EtHiCs so much, it's a gaaaaaaameee" crowd actually read the posts?

Indigo started the topic of animal cruelty which I personally think is an interesting one and some of us started a discussion and in fact I think we all agreed that we don't think it's that big of an issue but if someone does have an issue then we brought up the tranquiliser gun and other non lethal ways of dispatching enemies as interesting alternatives. You don't have to participate if it doesn't interest you.

I thought it was an interesting topic that hasn't been discussed to death around here yet but I'm more than ready to discuss sexualization and braid vs. ponytail if you would all rather do that again while we wait for the next game.

TrustyBow 12-09-20 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 8238596)
Do any of the "Oh my god why do you care about EtHiCs so much, it's a gaaaaaaameee" crowd actually read the posts?

Indigo started the topic of animal cruelty which I personally think is an interesting one and some of us started a discussion and in fact I think we all agreed that we don't think it's that big of an issue but if someone does have an issue then we brought up the tranquiliser gun and other non lethal ways of dispatching enemies as interesting alternatives. You don't have to participate if it doesn't interest you.

I thought it was an interesting topic that hasn't been discussed to death around here yet but I'm more than ready to discuss sexualization and braid vs. ponytail if you would all rather do that again while we wait for the next game.

Yeah, I don't get it. It's like when we speculate about events and you always have those people Sora that go "It's definitely not happening! Why are you even discussing this!?"

indigo1993 12-09-20 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 8238596)

Yes that's exactly it. As long as we're being reasonable and polite to one another, I don't see what's the benefit in dissing a discussion just cause you don't wanna take part in it.

I said previously TRU started the whole tranquilizer gun thing, but I just remembered it was actually AOD that did. It was very poorly implemented, but I think Core saw ahead that it'd be odd for Lara to go killing security guards literally just doing their jobs at the Louvre. You still had the option to actually kill them, but I think it's pretty neat they anticipated that and tackled it themselves.
The newer entries have been all about Lara being a more believable and humane version of Core's Lara (even though to me she's like Rambo himself in the reboot hahah), I just wonder if Crystal would also be dealing with how Lara dispatches of animals in her new adventure. We have to remember that TR is a game that will be always looking to bring new fans to its fanbase. We may be cool with Lara exploding everything, but it may put off new fans who'd deem that as gory or unnecessary.

LNSNHGTDS 12-09-20 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo1993
We have to remember that TR is a game that will be always looking to bring new fans to its fanbase. We may be cool with Lara exploding everything, but it may put off new fans who'd deem that as gory or unnecessary.

That's the thing. I feel like a lot of people don't care or want new fans to enjoy Tomb Raider.

But that's not how a series evolves and remains fresh and relevant.

Doing the same thing over and over and over again just because it works is not something I personally think is interesting.

Would I enjoy Legend's formula to be used over and over again? Sure, but I'm glad they did something a little different with Underworld, something even more different with TR13-Shadow and something even more different in the side games.

All iterations of Tomb Raider share the same core gameplay ideas but Shadow is hardly the same game as Tomb Raider 1, and that's what I think is great about the series.

You might say other big franchises have been keeping things relatively identical across the years and it may have worked for them but it doesn't seem to work for Tomb Raider. People were complaining when Tomb Raider III and even Last Revelation hadn't evolved much from the original's gameplay and people are complaining now with Shadow not evolving enough from the previous two games.

I like that Tomb Raider doesn't get away with staying the same across more than three games when other franchises do get away with it because at least I don't get bored by playing TR.

So TL;DR: new ideas and alternatives to how the game is usually played are always welcome as far as I'm concerned, so long as they have enough time to properly implement them and they don't end up ruining the game.

SoraSakai 12-09-20 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8238503)
Why do you always resort to rudeness and insults?

I donít.

charmedangelin 12-09-20 21:32

Are we talking about animals in video games? Oh lord give me a break. Video games aren't meant to tailor to your every whim and demand. Lara wouldn't use a tranquilizer because it isn't fun for her. People want games to be looking at themselves running through a field of flowers as they chase an imaginary pony who has special magic powder that will make the player feel real good.

It's so funny how these same people have no problem just murdering people in video games, as if human life was completely meaningless in comparison to that wild animal about to rip the characters head off. :vlol: